My TF: Animated first impressions (just watched)

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Paradigm-Shift Prime, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And of that there is no problem, because I for one have posted plenty of reasons why I enjoyed the show, and why I feel it has enough elements in it to warrant calling it G1esch. However, 5 minutes after watching it, I logged on here, and posted "That was amazing". Such was my initial response, as was probably the simple response of a lot of other people here, regardless of whether they hated or loved it.

It is after watching it again, or simply digesting the episode that people started coming back and posted in-depth opinions on it, while others, just excitedly quoted their favorite lines.

So if the Chef wanted to know if his controversial pizza was enjoyed, he could come in here and read the large numbers of "Love it" and "Rocks"s and pat himself on the back for cooking up a pizza that the majority of the group loved, and look for the in-depth reviews to see why so many people enjoyed his Pizza....

Thank MegaMoonMan... now I'm hungry.

2. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Sounds fair enough, well said.

3. axiant

axiant Autobot paper pusher!

Yeah. I mean G1 was great but that's why I used that term 'kiddy tame'. I hear a lot of arguments from people who complain about the use/lack of 'weapons', lack of 'violent battles', 'not being realistic enough' etc. There's still that popular belief that our yesteryears are more open-minded compared to the toons on TV nowadays. Dunno why it's still a big issue for some people.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only thing I can say about the way cartoons were made, at least in the 80 (and Transformers in particular) is that the pacing was very different. Conversations were had at a medium pace, and you never felt like the characters were rushing to get to the end with their dialogue. And that is probably one of the reasons why I enjoyed the first 3 TFAnimated.

"Earth sure is pretty, Spike" "It's alright, but tell me more about Cybertron"

Just a casual conversation, not the "IgottocollectthemallandtakeovertheEMPIRE, HAAAHHH"

Thanks. MegaMoonMan still made me hungry though.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hungry enough to eat anchovies?

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well when you were talkin about Pizza, I imagined my own favorite pizza, and then we started talking Chefs, so I started imagining those crazy Chicago-style pizzas. And that I am craving big time.

7. Airraid

Airraid Well-Known Member

I hated it. I watched the first half hour after DVRing the hour and a half episode. The drawings look like pure shit. Everything about it is ridiculous. The best part was the first minute where it showed the G1 drawings. Man, the Transformers name has been fucked up so much...

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:

9. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Please, try, c'mon.

10. axiant

axiant Autobot paper pusher!

I think someone is giving Eric a run for the money. Pure gold;) 

11. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Just got a chance to watch it, and I was surprisingly entertained. I've never been interested in the cartoons, I tried to watch them, but eh ... they did nothing for me. I always felt there was something lost in the translation, especially with RiD and the AEC era.

I don't know what it was, maybe a combination of things, but Transformers: Animated works for me. I have a feeling we're in for a good ride.

Okay, that's why it works for me. I have complete faith in the people behind this cartoon, and the powderkeg of potential awsomeness upon which they stand.

12. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i saw it recently too and i agree with Lance. i just hope it delivers on the potential...

13. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I think we all agree that the main fault with this cartoon is the animation style.

But to judge a whole series just by the first hour of rather action packed and properly paced story, with great character interaction and some nice humour, which does have that stupid animation style, and call it a failure, is just showing that although you consider yourself a G1 fan, you actually don't know that G1 isn't just the animation style.

Since G1 DVDs are rather common among the members of this forum, I suggest to all who don't like the TF:A because it isn't G1 "enough", to watch a few episodes of G1 and than watch the TF:A premiere. Just be sure to pay attention to the humour in both series, the character interaction and the personality of the characters in both series. I'm not saying it is all the same, but the parallels are obvious.

TF:A premiere in my book had all the most important ingredients G1 had.

14. pitt55

pitt55 Well-Known Member

h

26?i'm 36 and i love the transformers.we are all not gonna get the transformers series that we each individually would want,so you kinda have to just take what they give when a new series/concept starts,dont let your personal tastes pre-color your expectations and just enjoy the ride.i'm happy we are getting transformers.

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hehee, not really. I don't agree that the animation is any kind of fault. I really enjoy this new direction. :) 

However I agree 1 billion % with you that what makes this show G1 is the way the characters interact with one another.