2D Artwork: My one stop art thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Blitz., Jul 26, 2015.

1. GrungeWerX

GrungeWerX Well-Known Member

Haha! Yeah, it's been a LONG TIME. But..I'm gonna try to post around here more often. After all, this is one of the sites that started it all for me, and it was always one of my favorites. :) 

2. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gotta chime in and say your new stuff is awesome :) 

3. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    been doing some non-robots lately just to brush up on drawing people.

ranger.jpg

Friend asked me if I wanted to run a DnD group with him (something I've never really done before) so I got brainstorming about what kind a character I'd like to play.

leoric.jpg
    kinda feel like I over did the lines on the face but overall I still like it. Just wish I had planned this one a little better.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thank you! glad to see your still around as well!

5. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hard to think it's been over a year since I've added anything. Being brutally honest I'm just as bad as ever at getting things to a point I'd consider worth posting.... till today. Maybe that's overstating the gravitas of what I'm posting but it's been ages, it's relevant to transformers and it's one of the few times my "real" work and hobby come together.

So keep in mind this is very, very much just rough's on about 4 frames a second... apart from when it's not. There are the odd patches of 2 and 3 frames just to help with "selling" the action. So start needs extending for what I've got planned, more needs doing to lead into the swing but that's easy but I'm not sold on the pose. I've got plans for the end (there's a reason for the space) and all in all a lot of work to be done before I can start with the next step BUT... I dig the "energy" if you will and I don't often get to share stuff.

While I've rendered this out at a tiny res (to hid the shit frames) I'm actually working in 1080 so if I do finish it up it'll be much nicer

untitled3.gif

• Like Like x 10
  6. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This looks great, Blitz!

• Like Like x 1
  7. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Reddit mod rank achieved

News Credits:
    Mádré de díos.

• Like Like x 1
  8. warhawk

warhawk Well-Known Member

Day-um, nice work!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not had much in the way of time to work on this over the holidays but I've smoothed out a good chunk of the roughs. So the start is on 2's (each drawing is held for 2 frames at 24fps) while the rest is still 4's.

Might go back and have the Dino head flip and the "wings" fold together start a bit later so you see more of the movement. I think I already tweaked it a bit but I think seeing more of the transformation will make it more impressive.
    GrimWIP.gif

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  10. GrungeWerX

GrungeWerX Well-Known Member

Excellent work! Looking forward to more. :D 

11. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    just goofin around. got a 3D printer over the holidays and after printing a few DnD mini's and replacement model kit parts i modelled in Blender I figure I'll totally do something I've got zero clue about and make my own toy Star Convoy just to see how it goes. Still in the early stages but I'm digging the head so I figured I'd publish it now.

3QFViewWiP1.PNG 3QFViewWiP2.PNG FrontViewWiP1.PNG

• Like Like x 5
  12. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    great start! Also great to see you posting more art, cuz this is definitely a work of art :D 

13. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got a bit more done over the weekend. Kinda got a vibe on the direction it's going to go. Lots of details still to add on what's done and I need to checkover what I've done to know if what's done so far can do what I need it to do.

3QFViewWiP3.PNG 3QFViewWiP4.PNG FrontViewWiP2.PNG

• Like Like x 5
  14. ThunderDestron

ThunderDestron Vast predatory bird

Looks really good. Will it transform by any chance?

15. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's the goal and also why I picked Star Convoy. Transformation of the original is basically turn torso 180, fold up head, then arms and you're basically done. So I'm ditching the base mode in favour of knees etc, chest will be different but really all with the goal of more articulation. Problems will come down the line I suspect the resin I'm using wont last long being used for ball joints so I might have to buy some of those Kotobikya generic ball joints and sockets to help or find a resin that when cued is a softer plastic. Right now I've got Anycubics black resin and it's great for figurines it doesn't have the give normally seen on toys.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ThunderDestron

ThunderDestron Vast predatory bird

Cool! I figured that those shoulder joints looked like they were intended to transform. As for balljoints, you might try looking into universal joints instead as I am told they hold up better that balljoints in resin. I'm interested in seeing what this will look like when finished.

17. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll look into that but at least for the neck I want to keep the ball joints. Added a few more details tonight on the hips and chest. Very much a case of "What if star Convoy turned up in RiD2001" With the decotora truck mirrors on the chest. But they might need to be trimmed since transformation wise they get covered by panels to make up the skin of the trailer and they might collide.
    3QFViewWiP5.png

• Like Like x 3