Minor/Repaint: My OCs and small changes.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by marvel b, May 14, 2020.

1. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Yeah, these are a few of the things I worked on throughout by quarantine of April, and some before them, too. Didn't think these deserve a whole thread on their own, so whatever... I think I'll post the fix-ups and window stuff in this post, then in the next the OCs.

First up, I had a junker PotP Jazz, so I dyed the parts
    needed in Black to fix Ricochet's car mode. Since it literally doesn't alter Robot mode, I only need this one pic to show you.
    fix up ricochet.jpg

Next up, inspired by @Cheetimus Prime 's Victorion corrected thread, I wanted to just apply the grey he did onto mine. I think I might look better with darker grey, but I like it. once again, no Alterations in the other modes to show.
    fix up dustup.jpg
    fixup jumpstream.jpg
    I had to partswap the arm bits with Inferno (for now) instead of painting them, due to my personal concerns of customizing, but it does make me think about going black for the coptor twins to go with a new theme....not sure yet, so they weren't attempted yet....
    fix up pyra.jpg
    and now, the windows. There are times wherethe transparent windows are a thing and I JUST. CAN'T. STAND. IT!!! Decided to group these up in molds. Most of them are just grey paint....

First off, Kup and Orion.
    windows 1.jpg
    windows 2.jpg
    Orion: How are we the same mold if you're ancient?
    Kup: I may be ancient, but I can still kick your-

As we move along, here's Ironhide and Crosshairs. CH has white instead of grey as a homage to his original colors, and I like giving him either the MMC Guzzle or TR Kup guns on his shoulders.
    windows 4.jpg
    windows 5.jpg
    lastly for this post, Grapple. I also painted his head black and added some blue to his eyes. I highly suggest not painting inside his windows....too much horror for me.....
    windows 6.jpg
    windows 7.jpg
    stay tuned for the OCs post

• Like Like x 22
  2. marvel b

News Credits:
    So the first custom character I want to show off is Primus Herald Autobuuse, aka Golden Lagoon Ratchet aka Prototype Ratchet... My original intentions were to dye the mold yellow, paint on some black and have him be a Cybertronian bus.....but the idiocy of me left them in the dye too long and parts melted. Luckily I managed to reassemble him and decided to paint him up with some gold. He may be an Actionmaster now, but he has the power of god on his side!!!
    oc autobuuse 1.jpg
    comparison pic
    oc autobuuse 2.jpg
    and just to show off my failures so you can avoid them, these are the parts that melted horribly...
    oc autobuuse 3.jpg oc autobuuse 4.jpg
    Alright, this next one is a bit....emotional.... You see, my original intentions for the parts used (junker BH Arcee and T30 Chromia) was to make a character I made called Madame Reva, but I could never bring myself to paint her up....it was only after my mother's passing where I decided to have it be her favorite colors in combination. Light purple (not paint) dark blue (I dyes those parts a bit darker than they were) and black (painted). I did her eyes pink because I know she would've loved that.... I don't have a name for her yet, but one day I'll name her...She's also an Action master.
    oc fembot.jpg
    and comparison to both Hasbro's and Takara's Chromia
    oc fembot 3.jpg

Next is a Decepticon recolor of Steelbane. Funny enough, I originally intended to make him golden by dipping him into yellow, but it made him sandier. At that point, I dipped him into purple for lols, and it turns into a nice purple. Very BW Megatron-esque vibes I get from him. I also added some black paint to some parts like the back of his legs and the sides of his helmet. Beast-tron does have his alt mode, but I kind of...prefer it not having it? Anyways, here's pics....sadly, no comparisons...
    oc bw tlk megs.jpg
    oc bw tlk megs 2.jpg
    oc bw tlk megs 4.jpg
    AND ACTION!!!

"PRAISE PRIMUS"
    *Pained dragon honking*
    oc fight.jpg

Lastly, the one I'm most proud of...Sewage!!! His colors are based on a weird G1 Onslaught colored in purple and green as well as that CW Brownslaught we never got. So I realized that most of the black on Onslaught's main body is painted over silver, so I stripped the paint and dipped those parts in brown dye for a few seconds. I took apart what I could, spraypainted him with a purple, and brushed on a weird green I mixed together since I actually lack any lighter green colors... My headcanon is that he is an extremist Decepticon so loyal to the cause, he basically forced Shockwave to do to him what he did to Toxitron.
    oc sewage 1.jpg
    oc sewage 2.jpg
    oc sewage 3.jpg
    and comparison pic (no other modes...I forgot....)
    oc sewage 4.jpg
    for lols. (tempted to make him a new team now, but I have so many other projects first...)
    oc sewage 5.jpg

and just because... I forgot to sand down these parts and caused a bit of rubbing. It sucks, but it does add onto the whole "changed from what he was" bit I was going for.
    oc sewage 6.jpg
    So that's everything for now, but I may be updating this thread in the future, depending on how my customizing goes. Thank you all for checking this out and have a fantastic day!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 31
  3. Moonminer

Moonminer Moonminer

awesome ! you can also turn gold ratchet into xaaron since he doesnt transform.

• Like Like x 2
  4. valguerra

valguerra Well-Known Member

Great job. Where you get nightbird head from?

• Like Like x 1
  5. marvel b

News Credits:
    That is an awesome idea! *adds to the mental list*
    Nightbird head? Do you mean Dustup's regular head?

• Like Like x 1
  6. marvel b

News Credits:
    I guess these can go in here, too. I got bored with my extra Thundercracker and Starscream (going to need back ups in case ER fails to fill out the welcoming committee, currently have three untouched seekers as well) and partswapped them quite a bit. My brother really likes them so I might keep them this way. If I were to give theme personalities, I think RED/BLUE thinks he's the bee's knees, while blue/grey is kind of done with his crap. Bluegrey's null-shotgun is made by Nonnef's peg adaptor thingies, and I'm sorry about the vehicle mode pics...I was rushing when I took them...
    partswap seekers 1.jpg
    partswap seekers 2.jpg
    partswap seekers 3.jpg
    partswap seekers 4.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  7. NewtypeS3

NewtypeS3 Well-Known Member

The ActionMaster colored for your mom is really cool. I like it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. diablogunner

diablogunner Defender of the All-Spark

That Ratchet could also be a Junkion, you could junk him up a bit more and add some additional damage. Great job with all of these customs though.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheBeastman

TheBeastman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Red/Blue seeker is like 9/10ths already action master starscream, i'd say finish the job!

• Like Like x 2
  10. marvel b

News Credits:
    Thank you.
    *adds to mental list* Geez, So many repurposes!!
    Huh? *Googles* O.O
    I can't believe it!! You're right! I think I could Grey up his head and add black to the face to complete that! Might even do the blue waist if I can find an accurate blue. Thanks!!

• Like Like x 3
  11. marvel b

News Credits:
    Fun fact. It turns out the Actionmaster version had a grey helmet as well, along with a red waist! So here he is, Pretentus!
    (Like Pretend, mixed with "Pretentious" to go with the "all mightier than tho" personality I gave him before)

He also has red eyes, but it is SUPER hard to see, even in person.
    pretendus.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  12. marvel b

News Credits:
    So I had some of these for a few months but Walmart holidays are the worst and i'm only recently gotten enough energy to actually take lazy pics! Some of these techincally don't belong here but I don't care.

first off, I got a KO Brawl and I painted him Army green with grey treads. Not sure if he'll go to Sewage as a new 'Con I'll call "Gren" or swap him with the official Brawl onto Onslaught and give that one to Sewage...Time will tell.

Side notes. I plan on doing that lime green Swindle, the brown/green Blast off w/ Steamshield shuttle upgrades and maybe a vortex recolor for Sewage as well. Forgive me for lack of Alt modes. I used up all my patience for that in an other thread....
    IMG_20210117_130710.jpg

So I had quite a few junker PotP Fembots for so long with ideas that never panned out. One day, As I was considering grabbing a second set of NS and lancer (Greelight was too much) so Orthia can be a standalone display, i said "Frick it! I'll make them limbs!" and made them into so. The Moonracer used for Greenlight's arm mode is possibly the most junk bot I kept since the chest broke completely. I didn't know Isopropyl destroyed tranparent plastic back then.... So the arm is essentially superglued together and can only be an arm. The Novastar is one of mine that had messed up arms that broke, and Lancer... Well, I was curious so I stripped her of her paint. So this is the result. (I still need a buff Elita-1 of the team to have non-combined tho)
    IMG_20210117_130817.jpg

Atfer that, I used the same greenlight paint on Dazzlestrike's legs to better separate the poor doggo from Lionizer
    IMG_20210117_130729.jpg

AND NOW THE TECHNICALITIES!!!

Bronin!! Which is, in all Honesty, just Browning from Masterforce? (Someone correct me, please) that was created when I was attempting to make a Megatron Blaster. Next to him is Flashbeam, which I saw some fanart of her being a female Soundwave. I liked it and went with it. I'm thinking she's Merc/Quint aligned.
    IMG_20210117_130315.jpg

And the last one, Netflix Bitstream. I plan on doing Sunstorm and Nacelle in a similar manner but I can't settle on how/Worried if Hasbro will finally come out with one themselves.
    IMG_20210117_130430.jpg
    me: I actually wanna transform this guy

Rick from Pawn Stars: "The best i can do is Faceplant"
    IMG_20210117_130529.jpg

Okay, well, i hope you enjoyed the pics, and perhaps next time they won't be so lazy.... Be safe and have a great day

• Like Like x 11
  13. marvel b

News Credits:
    I'm back, guys! Has a few in the backburner for a VERY long time and I got nothing else to do but share them finally! Got more technicalities, however... SO LET'S BEGIN!!!

Let's start with the big one!!! Not-Sureshot "Autobot Sharpshot" (No relations to the insecticon) from Netflix Mirage! I've been very slow at this one (Since Netflix Wave 1 even came out) but I won't bore you with the details. Essentially I wanted him close enough to act as Sureshot but if we DID get one, then he can act as his own character as well! Sadly, just as I was finishing him, I accidentally scrapped a bit of his vehicle mode's yellow off and I refused to redo it all over again so I added a black splotch on it to be an injury or something. He uses Ariel Custom's Sureshot head for Sunstreaker, which shares the neck joint size (Someone tag him here please because I forgot his TFW2005 alias) (@fakebusker83 thanks!)
    discord sharp 1.jpg
    discord sharp 2.jpg

next is ER Barricade using the Bad Cop head from @SteamShield . I needed to shave down the neck joint quite a bit to put it on, but I like it!
    discord head 2.jpg

Next is a headswap (actually, a neckswap with the heads still attached) between Netflix Impactor and Amazon Impactor. Honestly looks so good like this!
    discord head 1.jpg

Next and lastly are a few more Netflix bots with their paint removed. Sideswipe is now Darksteel, a homage to the DotM remold with the snake head. Gonna be honest, I'm tempted to make him a weird version of Camshaft by adding some blue on him, but I like the idea of an evil Cybertronian Corvette.
    discord darksteel 2.jpg
    discord darksteel 1.jpg
    and lastly... Wheeljack, Hound and Red Alert. Gonna be honest, I have no friggin idea what to do with these guys...I know someone on these boards make Wheeljack into Camshaft but I'm also tempted to make Wheeljack a homage to that Downshift repaint that failed a vote then a Ironhide-to-Camshaft and Prowl-to-Overdrive like the others that failed as well, but not sure if I want to buy an extra Ironhide and Prowl to do that. As for Red alert, I'm thinking about making a "Not-Clampdown" by having him get the colors right, but keeping the grey instead of white.
    discord bodies.jpg

I'd be open to any ideas for these guys. Anyway, thank you for looking! I'll eventually be back with more, take care of yourselves and stay safe!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  14. denebian

denebian I've got better things to do tonight...

News Credits:
    I believe Shapeways Ariel's Customs is @fakebusker83 here.

Its too bad the upcoming Netflix Quintesson Drone (gray Ironhide) is the Siege mold and not the Earthrise remold, because that would be cheaper and closer in color to Camshaft already. Maybe someone will make a kit to add a roof to the Siege molds to fake an Earth-style van?

• Like Like x 1
  15. marvel b

News Credits:
    Thank you!
    Hmm.... Might go that route if I do it since I personally don't care if he's Earth mode or not. Thanks again!

• Like Like x 2
  16. ThunderDestron

ThunderDestron Vast predatory bird

I like the muted look

• Like Like x 1
  17. denebian

denebian I've got better things to do tonight...

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  18. marvel b

News Credits:
    Ohhhh! I like that idea! I'm game for that!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hit dogs holler

Thing One: How did you get all the paint off the Netflix guys so cleanly? I'm struggling over here.
    Thing Two: I don't know about you, but I turned a Netflix Wheeljack into Slicer - but that does require extensive paint work which you may not want to mess around with.

• Like Like x 1
  20. marvel b

News Credits:
    I took then apart, left them in isopropyl for a while, scrubbed off the paint with a brush, then used a magic eraser for the leftover bits. Some times the paint just simply refuses, like darkwing's wings or the KO G2 Bruticus purple in my experience.

I also kind of cheated with Darksteel because some of the red on the windshield refused to wipe clean with the magic eraser so i painted some black over it to get a cleaner look.
    Slicer is definitely a contender in my book. I'm just waiting a bit to see if Hasbro finally puts one out themselves.

• Like Like x 1