My non-spoilerish thoughts on Cyberverse

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Toad84, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Toad84

Toad84 Well-Known Member

1. It was actually pretty impressive they were able to fit in so much lore and world building into what were essentially 31 episodes.

2. On the flip side the shorter run time had the added drawback of making certain battles shorter than what they had been built up to, e.g. the last baddie.

3. I enjoy the cel shade almost Archer-esque look.

4. An annoyed Optimus telling several other Optimus and a Rack'nRuin that yes all the Wheeljacks agree might be the funniest line in a Transformers show

5. Hot Rod and Soundwave becoming besties was fun.

6. The entire Quintesson arc was fun.

7. Drifts reveal didn't have much weight because it was only like the third time he had been shown, although I know it was more to show Hot Rod becoming a leader.

8. Cheetor's depiction was quite good.

9. I did kind of miss the side plots.

10. Them having earth modes millions of years in the past was a bit annoying.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My favorite 3 parts of the show, as well as when Bee mentioned him being confused as CJ if he were to be red.

3. Gzstg

Gzstg Autobot Historian

cyberverse isn't my favorite but its not the worst. I liked a lot of the story beats they hit including a rarely done death of a major character. I think its greatest falling is its lack of a budget and the abandoned plot lines. like I wanted them to branch out to the other universes.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Toad84

Toad84 Well-Known Member

One thing I forgot to mention is I think this version of Grimlock, an erudite and polite strategist in his robot mode and a violent bruiser in his dinosaur mode should be the default Grimlock characterization going forward.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Tfcollector97

Tfcollector97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Old):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Agreed if they just continue the same old g1 personality people would start getting tired of it and the only people that would be satisfied would be geewunist.

• Like Like x 3
  6. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    I tried giving this show another chance... Sure it's meant for 5 year old's but making it a "family show" (Something adults could enjoy to) IMO would've made this more successful. Instead the Autobots all behaved like either Ninja Turtles (Bee, Hotrod, etc.). Mega Mary Sue's (Windblade, Grimlock, Moon Cheetah) and Master Splinter (Optimus). All predictable and irritating. And they can keep that version of Grimlock to. Just give him his regular personality with the rest of his faction (quit screwing them over). He's a Dinobot! Not a damn Werewolf....

But the Decepticons were even worse! The Seekers were all a bunch of dumb @ss Stooges meant to just stand there so that Bee and Windblade can knock them all over like domino's every fight scene. No respect was given to them not even Lockdown and Bludgeon...

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

Despite it being a heel turn betrayal, ill say that Hot Rod getting railed through the chest by Drift and then still having the willpower to drag them both down and execute the traitor in the toxic muck with his own bare hands was some of the most hardcore shit I have ever seen in Transformers.

• Like Like x 6
  8. TFFan01

TFFan01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When you describe it like that, sure, but Cyberverse is kiddy, so a lot of potential hardcoreness is lost. Cyberverse battles didn't even feel like real war to me (more than usual I mean), more like toddlers fighting. I sometimes didn't even realize that characters died when they died, maybe that's just me tho.

Not saying it's a bad show but if they were going for hardcoreness, its kiddiness makes it hard for that. Maybe the Quintessons were a little hardcore though.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Over all I like it, I think I still like it most toward the very end of Season 1 and parts of Season 2.

Season 3 was a bit out there for me, but sometimes "crazy" keeps things fresh. The introduction of new characters and new ideas is always good.

10. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

It's that usual sense of kiddiness that made Hot Rod putting Drift down so extreme tbh. The scene itself really doesn't pull many punches.

11. TFFan01

TFFan01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aure but personally I wouldn't say it's the most hardcore TF thing ever due to Cyberverse's kiddy nature that never goes away completely.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

For a kids show? It was pretty good.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Gzstg

Gzstg Autobot Historian

I think this show has one of the (on screen) highest body counts of any transformers show. not just no name generic bots or cons either.

• Like Like x 4
  14. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I like the underlying art style, but in motion, the animation was poor and lifeless. The composition and choreography of shots was bland and repetitious. And once again, the environments are simplistic and empty. I love the color design, though. I'd love to see that carried over to a stronger show.

• Like Like x 2
  15. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it had its flaws but i love it regardless

its weird that because of it, i am actually coming around to the idea of gender swapping skywarp. it adds a female to the classic decepticons roster and adds a new dynamic to the seeker trio

• Like Like x 3
  16. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

Really enjoyed the world building, throwbacks, and the mythos of this punchy little series, as well as the show pushing the boundaries in terms of tone and content for a kid's show. It wasn't really big on character development, the emphasis in QuinTESSon was off, finale was a let-down, and I think these were the worst depictions of Optimus and Megatron, but I think the rest made up for it and I truly enjoyed watching most of the episodes.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I didn't like Bumblebee's radio voice nor Grimlock's portrayal though he wasn't annoying like RID Grimlock. Teletran X was annoying at times.

It was good to see Drift not Cosplaying as a samurai though it's a shame about that rogue cowboy Autobot.

It was great seeing Hot Rod get so much exposure but he and Bumblebee both suffered from generic good guy voices.

Overall, I loved the series especially all the Seekers. It was great seeing so many background Seekers too.

Dead End and Soundwave were cool as was Arcee. Making Bludgeon a silent warrior was a nice touch.

As for being for kids, Megatron's beating of Starscream was brutal for a kid's show as was Starscream draining the Sparks of the Seekers and wanting to do the same to all Transformers.

And most importantly, Prowl wasn't a prick!!

18. Tfcollector97

Tfcollector97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Old):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Not really the worse depictions here is a link to video explaining why it’s one of the best

• Like Like x 1
  19. VehiconVindication

VehiconVindication Well-Known Member

I liked how it gave nods to a variety of previous Transformers incarnations, and the lower stakes episodes of Autobots all being mates definitely fit the 11-minute format better than the more ambitious setpieces, but the last season definitely felt rushed, with at least two season's worth of content smushed into one, along with episodes that felt entirely pointless except to introduce an upcoming toy, with Thunderhowl, Wild Wheel, Meteorfire and Hammerbyte all falling into this category, in my eyes.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus Wishing for a reboot

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned Hot Rod’s “The Touch” reference. When he said that I had to pause the video for like 2 whole minutes to process how bad that was.

• Like Like x 2