Minor/Repaint: My Masterpiece Nemesis Prime / Scourge

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by carnage717, Nov 11, 2006.

1. carnage717

carnage717 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have been working on this one for quite some time and I used all of my free time the last couple of days to finish him up. I know its been done before but I thought I would post mine anyways. So here is Masterpiece Nemesis Prime / Scourge, Im not really sure what to call him so you if you have preference of one name over the other let me know which one you like better. Comments and Critisim are welcome.

Brad

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Sweet. Nice work on that. I prefer the name Nemesis Prime, so that it seperates him from G1 Scourge. Got any alt mode pics? Nice work on it. Peace out.

3. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks really good! Nice work!

4. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looks fantastic! I really want to have one of those myself, but I think it's more work to make on than I'm willing to attempt. One crit though, I wouldn't have painted the sides of the head grey. It blends with the mouth and just throws the head off a bit.

5. Lion

Lion Aloha

Ebay:
    Nice

6. dkrolickm

dkrolickm Beast Wars Predacon

Ebay:
    Isnt he supposed to have teal instead of purple?

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Your work looks really nice and slick, man. I don't think many have disassembled/customized this toy. Would you care to discuss your customization process for this piece?

8. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    since it doesnt have Nemesis' trademark teal, and since it has purple and dark grey, I'd say it looks more like Motormaster. And frankly I think that's cool cos Nemesis Prime is a little played out by this point.

9. carnage717

Ebay:
    If I based it off the RID Scourge or Alt Nemesis then yes, it should have been teal. To be honest I hate the teal color on both of those figures so I figured I would change it up a little bit and go with a purple. If I ever get tired it of it I can always change to teal but for now Im leaving it purple.

Im kind of tron on that myself. If probably painted up the head 4 differnet ways and neither of them I liked. I like the grey color of the head but I was think of maybe painting the horn parts black to offset the greay some.

Dissassembling was qutie a chore, if any decides to do one of these in the future make sure you have lots of storage bags and make sure they are labled good. Once you have him apart there are many small pieces that can easily get lost. Also while I was disassembling him I took many pictures with my digital camera for reference, so when I went to reassemble him I had pics of what it looked like while I was taking it apart. This is especially important on the leg and foot peices.

As for Disassembling him the legs are pretty straight forward. Start with the lower legs buy unscrewing them, making sure to bag the vents, panels and screws. Once you get the feet off you will have to disassemble those as well to get all the blue pieces off for painting. The knees and upper legs are also pretty easy to take off but you need to watch out for the springs inside the upper legs. I didnt paint the knee joints so just bagged those up along with the screws and to small plast ic pieces. The waist need to be unscrewed from the cab, theres 1 screw holding the entire waist peice to gether. As far as the waist goes. I knocked out all the pins on piece that fold down to make the waist piece and bageed up the pins. I wouldnt recommend trying to take off the hip joints because there is spring inside there that is very hard to get back in once the piece is taken apart.

As far as the top of the figure, the head just come right off and was painted without further disassembling. Both Arms were removed and the smoke stacks, joint pieces and smal parts were bagged up. I left the bottom part of the arm together and just painted it that way. The hands were removed and painted seperatly from the lower arm piece. Make sure to pen up the com link panel to paint inside of there. The lower half of the cab where the wheel are was unscrewed from the top half. For the top half I knocked the pins out of the front cab windows to get those piece off along with the windows. This is very hard to do and if I did in the future I would probably just leave the pieces on and mask off the pieces I didnt want painted. I left shoulder joints in and just painted those black along with the rest of the pieces. On the bottom half of the cabs, take out the pins the hold the seat and bumper piece on and bag those up. Also remove the pin from the front grill and take the front grill off. Mask off your wheels and the silver part with tape and your ready to paint. On mine I used a 20th Anniversay battle damaged figure for mine and to get the batle damaged portion off of the grill I just used a little Oops with a cotton swab and cleaned up the grill to get rid of the spot and bagged it up. After you done dissassembling start paint masking the rims and chrom pieces on the lower legs. When I reassembled him I just worked backwards from the way disassembled him. Sorry for the long description but maybe it will help out someone who has no Idea what they are doing.

Brad

10. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Ah, make him your own character! Generate a name and a bio/spec! I've found that my own created characters have a little something special verses a homage, but that's just me. Continue your creativity man!

*psst!*
    (<------- Hot Pursuit is my own created character, as well as a few more of my customs! *click sig*[shameless plug]*)

Could you post those photos for reference here? :thumb  :) 

11. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I like it ;)  nice work, but the head clashes...see what you can do... I like the grey legs and purple details. Shows that you are putting more thought into this repaint. I noticed you also dyed the chest windows red. I like how you chose not to use teal. That was the most important thing on mine...oh, and he just needs those long stacks now :) 

As for the name: Nemesis Prime or whatever is cool...just don't name him Optimus Scourge :lol 

12. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Hey OS, can you tell me which parts are painted, and which parts are dyed on the one you have that TFM made?

13. carnage717

Ebay:
    Here the ones I took for the legs. I didnt take any of the arms or top becaue it was pretty straightforward when you disassembled it. If anyone plans on doing a custom like this and wants bigger pics of the ones below just message me and I can email you larger pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Optimus Scourge

News Credits:
    Sure Andy,

For those who don't already know, TFM is board member TFMaster. One of the fandoms' best customizers/scratchbuilders out there

I hate to steal carnage717's thunder here with info on mine, as I said, I really like how carnage717's turned out...and it's got it's own flavor. It's a great accomplishment, as I've seen WIP's of mine (sorry I lost the pics when I had to re-install the boot disk) and there are butloads of parts! Much Kudos to ANYONE who can pull this off. I've painted a few customs, but I don't have what it takes to tackle this guy.

To answer your question, the metal parts are painted, and most of the plastic parts are all dyed. The head is painted. It's like it could have come from the factory...It's actually nice with the dye because you don't worry about chipping on the plastic. It's almost essential to dye them if you ever want to TF him, otherwise, it's gonna chip like crazy on this particular toy, with the clearances for the arms and such, it would rub a lot.
    (not that I TF him often-but when I do, the plastic is perfect, and even the metal holds up well with the many clearcoats)

Mine is still technically unfinished. I need to add some detail to the former yellow on the arms and torso and that one blue piece between his legs...I've been practicing my painting skills, but I'm undecided on color, I don't want to copy and use purple, but I'm between crimson red metallic and silver chrome for the details, and black for the crotch.

15. REDLINE

News Credits:
    so the only paint is the calves and part of the torso? hm, that's cool. the dye turned out so well, its not that easy to get a true black dye. that's comforting! :lol  When I made my LOC Nemesis, I used a medium dark metallic blue instead of teal. it looks a lot nicer I think. as for your crotchpiece that is blue, I'd paint that black myself, just a suggestion ;) 

16. carnage717

Ebay:
    I started messing with the head a little more and painted more of it black. Does this look any better?

[​IMG]

I dont mind you posting that info Optimus Scourge. I tried finding some info on several boards before I started mine and came up with nothing. The more info out there the better. I will say that I had to some serious sanding on the top part of the figure to get the clearance I needed. The biggest parts were around the arms and the back where body bends in half by the waist. Not to mention the fact that you have to grind the raised Autobot Symbol on his left shoulder.

Its hard to see mine but I ended up painted mine silver withe the rest of the waist pieces. I wasnt to crazy about the colored piece down there so I just left it silver.

Brad

17. REDLINE

News Credits:
    hey, now that's how you should leave it, right there :)  now the head looks sexay! highlighting the antenae is nice.

18. Optimus Scourge

News Credits:
    that head looks much better! Very nice!

As for the crotch, i think I like your idea of silver! It does look abit odd to have a black (or blue) stripe there. Blending in is nice I think. Funny because I was ready to paint it black. Thanks.

And are you going to add the long smokestacks?
    What did you use to remove the "Damage" from the grill?

19. carnage717

Ebay:
    Im looking ebay right now to find some long stacks. If anyone knows of good place to buy them cheap let me know. As far as remvoing the battle damage to the grill I just took a Q-tip and dipped in some Oops and rubbed it on the grill. The whole grill is actually sprayed so you have to clean the entire grill. I just ran the Q-tip over it once and wiped off the access Oops and it was nice and clean. Im even thinking about taking the battle damage off my 20th Anniversary one as well, cause I really don't like the way it looks.

Brad

20. Optimus Scourge

News Credits: