Minor/Repaint: My Kup to Ironhide repaint

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by SHINOBI03, Nov 15, 2012.

1. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Not as great as this one, but at least I tried. This is my very first full-repaint of a figure that I own, so it's natural it won't be perfect from the first time.

This was all done using markers. No paint, no brushes, nothing fancy, just markers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm not gonna lie or boast, it's not the best. You can clearly see the strike marks and where the paint keeps rub off, and I couldn't paint everything because my markers couldn't fit in tight places (especially the legs)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Other minor changes I did were changing the optics from yellow to blue, and added some silver to the abdomen and front bumper and to the wheels, and repaint the windshields to blue.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So... for a first timer, how would you rate it?

[​IMG]

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

It's not bad for a first attempt, but you may want to switch to paint eventually.

3. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Im a sharpie user and i say its great!
    eventually you'll learn theres a trick to not leaving streaks however i myself did find it hard on this mold, over all its epic!

4. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 In it for the engineering

News Credits:
    Pretty good considering it's your first custom. Might wanna use paint eventually though, and maybe more coverage (there's a bunch of blue bits all over him). Can't wait to see more from you!

5. daelf1980

daelf1980 Well-Known Member

all in all its not bad. the green bits on legs do distract from it but good job. painting can seem over whelming but really its not. i personally use spray paint for most of mine since i dont own an airbrush kit. the key is several light coats and patience letting it fully cure between coats. definitely keep trying and experimenting.