My journey through the Transformers Marvel US continuity...

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by johnboy3434, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

You haven't seen (or heard) anything until you've seen him do this in real life at a convention, especially since he can have the characters say stuff they couldn't on television. "Waspinator's going to tear Megatron a new two-dimensional..." :D 

2. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

My first intinct was Batman, But I'm gonna say Freddy Kruger?

(who is much better funny)

3. johnboy3434

johnboy3434 Well-Known Member

Bingo: Freddy Krueger! Yeah, I think funny Freddy is much more entertaining than scary Freddy. However, I believe this remake may change that. While it was always implied that Freddy was a child molester, Craven's initial sensitivities on the subject and the massive popularity of the character that followed effectively kept them from making it explicit (after all, what better way to squick out a bunch of loyal followers than to tell them their beloved character is a pedophile?).* In the upcoming remake however, they're not going to shy away from the issue, which will increse the creepy factor through the roof. The fact that he's being played by Rorshach from the Watchmen film doesn't hurt, as we know he can do obsessively creepy characters.

*The only time it's ever flat-out stated is in a newspaper headline in the fourth film, which most people would either miss or not give much thought to.