My ideal Knightverse Phase 1 lineup

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TeamOptimus, Jul 24, 2019.

1. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    The original post in this thread is hilarious, one of the funniest things on this board. Genius satire.

This is my favorite bit I think:

• Like Like x 15
  2. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Some comparisons to Marvel are natural for this type of thread, but yeah, it doesn't need to be wholly about Marvel. Likewise, unless the OP actually expands on their post in a meaningful way there isn't much meat to this thread to justify leaving it open.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ShockwaveCannon

ShockwaveCannon Banned

Ebay:
    What? 1 movie did badly.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    I meant "the movies" as a series. You're right, only TLK bombed.

• Like Like x 2
  5. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Those Orion Pax movies sound kinda boring honestly

• Like Like x 6
  6. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's just way too many movies.

• Like Like x 8
  7. ShockwaveCannon

ShockwaveCannon Banned

Ebay:
    They’d also fail massively at the box office.

• Like Like x 2
  8. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    But not necessarily because they're bad movies, but because nobody would be interested in them.

• Like Like x 5
  9. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Tougher than Leather.

Transformers characters who should get movies:
    • First Aid
    No, offense but that made me chuckle a bit. But I dunno about four films a year, cause at this point the Transformers series should take a break. Also some of these characters can't be really worthy of movies cause they're characters the general public haven't heard of. But, you can make films about characters the public never heard of. For example look how big characters like Star-Lord is compared to when he never had his own film. So... it could work. But I feel we should do some world building before we make a film about Chromia of all people.

• Like Like x 5
  10. ShockwaveCannon

ShockwaveCannon Banned

Ebay:
    Yep. I don’t doubt they could be good, but the general audience don’t know who the HELL he is

• Like Like x 2
  11. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper Least insane TF fan

News Credits:
    Lol there gonna wait till 2021 to do most likely a bumblebee sequel with optimus and bb. Then whatever they want because we are in a reboot now

12. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    I’m going to predict with reasonable confidence that there will never be a movie titled after an individual transformer unless it’s Bumblebee or Optimus Prime. Maybe Megatron at an extreme stretch.

The public really doesn’t know what it’s missing out on with that Red Alert movie.

• Like Like x 8
  13. JohnStartop

JohnStartop There will only be one.

I was appreciative of your careful planning until I scrolled down further and realized you're actually insane.

• Like Like x 6
  14. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    its impossible to make 4 Transformer movies a year that are live action. Maybe a total CGI movie. But I doubt there is enough interest to make 4 movies a year and keep the audience interested. Its over saturation. Does Marvel do 4 movies a year? I think they do 3 and they have A LOT more characters to work with than transformers. No one is going to invest the time to watch 5 movies about cyclonus. 3 or 4 Orion Pax movies is overkill. If they wanted to do a movie of Optimus' origins, by the beginning of the 2nd act he has to be Optimus Prime not Orion Pax. It takes time to write quality scripts. look what happened when they did writers rooms and rushed the script, we got TLK. One transformers movie every 2 years, that i'd be cool with. Its about quality, not quantity. If they made your list OP, most of the list would have to be animated movies. It is literally impossible to make that many movies with properly rendered CGI, properly witten scripts, and live action. It took Michael Bay like 2 1/2 years from start to finish to make a Transformers movie.

15. ArcanielRE3

ArcanielRE3 Honorary Autobot

There is such a thing as too much. That is exactly what this line-up is.

In order to build-up a cinematic universe properly, you have to take it slow. Ease the general audience into the property. Start small... and they did.

They started with Bumblebee, a perfect palette cleanser for people after TLK.

After that, a follow-up to Bumblebee co-staring Optimus would be a safe bet and further the lore, giving us some backstory on Prime and introducing audiences to several new Autobots and Decepticons alike, as they make their way to Earth throughout the film's run-time.

Then from the hopefully positive reaction to the Bumblebee follow-up, the big Transformers movie can happen, the Autobot and Decepticon battle on Earth.

From there, if audiences like this series, you can move forward with all kinds of different projects, since people will have theoretically begun to trust the Transformers brand in the same way they've embraced Marvel.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  16. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

not everyone one knew who were two of the most popular marvel characters? okay

• Like Like x 2
  17. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMO, that honour is reserved to Spider-Man and Wolverine.

Never really heard of Captain America or Iron Man beforehand because I didn't read comics when I was a little kid. Also coming fresh from the 2007 Transformers movie; I was kind of excited to see the promos for Iron Man because I loved metal/robot stuff a lot back then.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

wolverine is not know that much outside of comic book fandom either. Not until the first x men movie anyway.
    Iron man is in the nineties one of the more important characters in the comics. More the wolverine since many story archs in marvel include him. And he even got a tv series of his own at the time that was popular.
    Spidermans and hulks popularity skyrocketed early due to early tv adaptations.

It's due to his popularity among the comic book fandom they made the first movie with him anyway. And his potential to become popular among none comic fan movie goers.
    Would havr never worked with black panther for instance

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Ok guys, I don't know what the MCU or the X-Men have to do anything with the TF Movies...but let's get this back on topic :) 

• Like Like x 3
  20. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People want to make comparisons to them in terms of 'Oh look at what they did...'