My idea about the Quints...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Starscreamer95, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Look, this is a very rough and sketchy idea, but anyway. I'm about to completely destroy anything built by the comics by the way, because they aren't canon.

My idea, Optimus Prime was built by the Quintessons to end the war.
    As said, Sentinel was the Leader before Optimus.
    Let's say Optimus started out life as Orion Pax (yeah, now I'm pushing it), and he was a Librarian/Cop/Whatever, and Orion is absolutely obliterated in an attack by the Decepticons and basically left for dead/scrap, whatever.
    Let's say the Quintessons are at this time ally's of the Cybertronians (the Autobot half anyway).
    The Quints in the movieverse are a little more the whole "knowledge of all wisdom" type, and because they want the Cybertronian war to end for the fear of their race's extinction, they seek to a way to end the war. At random they find Orion due to a "feint sprak in his spark", or think he is the best for the job, whatever, rebuild him he's Optimus. Present him to Sentinel, Optimus can't remember anything as Orion, pretends to think he is entirely like any other Cybertronian in origin, Optimus rises through the ranks.

Optimus kills Sentinel (who in their eyes is the Autobot Leader), say Optimus went on a rampage, send Lockdown out to retrieve him. To the Quints, Optimus is a maniac, he's on recall, you name it. And they want to terminate him. They could even think of him as a threat to themselves or anything if to them Optimus basically killed his father figure.

"You think you were born? You were built, and they want you back."

2. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    Bump.

3. Primacronus

Primacronus Clean-Up Crew

News Credits:
    Mmm I rather enjoy the idea actually. It adds much needed depth.

4. mickmike

mickmike Active Member

Maybe The Quintessons don't actually want Optimus but the Matrix. Perhaps they asked Lockdown to retrieve Optimus alive to obtain it but didn't specify why in case lockdown tried to claim the matrix for himself or use it as a bargaining chip or something.

Maybe they'll have the Quintessons in the same role they had in the series as master to their cybertronian slaves. It could be that the matrix is what freed the cybertronians from servitude. It would be a great twist if they tied the Quintessons and Unicron together. Perhaps the Quintessons worship Unicron as their god and want the matrix to appease him and bring their slaves back into the fold

5. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    nice idea

6. HereticalHeresy

HereticalHeresy Decepticon

News Credits:
    So the Quintessons are like us in wanting to recall Optimus because he's a homicidal maniac? I would quite like these Quintessons if this was the case. :D 

7. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

If they wanted him terminated then Lockdown should've killed him right away.

8. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    Or they reprogram him.
    I don't know.

9. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

Anyway it has something to do with Cybertron.

10. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

I like it only bit that your theory does not touch on is how optimus became a prime worthy of the matrix as if they built him as a prime then surely that would have conflicted with sentinel's claim to be leader as prime would have been built to lead much like in the g1 telling of his origins.

I like this though but i am going with this story kind of but am leaning more toward the quints using machines to change organic matter into mechanical matter and all transformers were once organic life that were intended for slavery

11. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah, i definitely like this idea.

i would change a few things.. but the general idea is great.

i would like to through mickmike's idea into the mix as well.. with the quints wanting the matrix..

i can't wait to see the movie.

i wonder if these questions will be answered.