My house got robbed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GigatronSama, Apr 30, 2012.

1. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

Last week to be exact. I've been looking for a second job as of late, and had two interviews on Wednesday. I got home around 5:30 in the afternoon to find my door kicked in. I drew my revolver and checked inside to find the thieves long since gone. Stolen were my TV, Wii (and all my saves on it, with my gamecube memory cards in it so 2 generations of gameplay now gone), and 3 of my guns including my favorite shotgun.

Pets were unharmed, and I have serial numbers on everything but the TV, so hoping to have my stuff tracked down eventually. Some people say they feel violated or afraid when this happens. Me, I'm just fuming furious. Since then I've found out that similar daylight break ins have occurred this year on the same street and another earlier in the same week. This area is rural. It's supposed to be far away from all those criminal scumbags. I guess that's what gets me the angriest. These human trash have wrecked their own neighborhoods so now they come spreading out to follow decent folks to where they live.

The local Sheriff recommends being on guard for a second break in in case they come back for anything they missed. (they didn't get all of my guns, my computer, networking equipment, stereo system, and other such electronics. Also Transformers were untouched.) This has left me pretty paranoid now. I've not left the house for more than an hour in 4 days (thankfully my job is flexible on hours), and I've since been adding alarms to the doors and windows, put up a camera outside, and am working on reinforcing the door frame.

I also want to pick up a gun safe, but those are pretty expensive, so I'll have to get what I can and compensate by bolting it down. I've been in touch with all of the local pawn shops as well to have them keep an eye out for the serial numbers on my goods, and I'm working on getting Nintendo to track the IP address of my wii if anyone tries to connect to the Internet with it.

At the end of the day, criminals are scum. I want my stuff back, but more importantly I want the thieves punished. They'll be lucky if the cops catch them. Like I said they didn't get all of my guns, and if they come back, I'll be waiting.

2. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid

Sucks man. I feel your pain. Knowing someone has been going through your shit is the worst feeling.

3. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Sucks that you got robbed. I hope they find whoever is responsible and deliver justice.

4. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That sucks. If I got robbed, I probably wouldn't be able to bring myself to leave my house for quite a long time.

5. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

:eek: 

6. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I know exactly how this feels as I've had three breakins in the space of a year. The first was my car getting broken into, then my house (they stole some power tools, I was renovating at the time and not living there), then almost a year later my house again (this time they got my electronics: laptopm, hard drive, PSP, Xbox 360). A week later I had ADT install an alarm and I since feel very comfortable knowing they will call me if anything happens. So yeah, you definitely have my sympathy and understanding, especially about the being mad rather than violated. And I genuinely hope you get your stuff back and they catch the bastards.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Dude that sucks. I hope all your stuff is found.

8. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, here's to one of those guns they didn't take on the 1st run coming in handy...

9. SideswipePrime

SideswipePrime Reply Dump Extraordinaire

Wow...I hope you can get your stuff back, but hey look on the bright side, at least you toy collection was untouched

10. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Ah What? Robbed? Damn!

11. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I hope that you get you're stuff back and unharmed. I am also hoping that nobody decides to harm anyone with the stolen guns.

12. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, I retract my last statement. I hope the robbers end up getting shot with a gun they stole. That'd make for even better justice.

... but yeah, I hope something comes with those IP tracks, if nothing else to have a lead into where the stuff might've been sold.

13. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Criminals truly are scum. I hope you get your things back, especially your shotgun, and the thieves brought to justice.

14. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear that, I hope you get your items back and I'm glad that the thieves didn't hard your pets.

15. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

Sorry bro. I hope it all gets back to you somehow. If it's any concellation, I'm sure whoever did it will eventually be found guilty of another crime and serve a very long time in jail.

Nothing like having the actual days of your life taken away for committing crimes against society to put life in perspective.

16. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    that sucks :( , they better find those robbers! :mad 

17. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I understand, someone broke into my house last year and stole all of my jewelry including my dead mothers jewelry.

You mention you drew your revolver? Did you have it on you? Is that legal?
    And yes and gun safe is safer

18. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds like you've done everything you can in this situation . Be vigilant, and don't get paranoid and blast the mailman.

19. Biotoakid

Biotoakid Whew what an old username

News Credits:
    wait, when you drew your revolver was it already on you holstered?

20. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko Some Internet Guy

-le hug-