My Head Master Jrs are finally complete

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Johnybgr8, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Johnybgr8

Johnybgr8 Well-Known Member

Thanks to the package I received on Friday from BBTS, my old Head Master Juniors are finally complete (at least complete enough for me)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Cool!

3. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

News Credits:
    Soooooo, you just plugged the new headmasters into the old bodies? not really a custom.

4. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    The ports aren't compatible sooooo... there is some modding here.

5. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

News Credits:
    They fit but fall right out if you move them. if you just set it on a shelf it would stay right in.

6. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    I don't understand. How is this a custom? What mods did you do to change the figures?

7. Johnybgr8

Johnybgr8 Well-Known Member

8. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:

So, you put some "blutac", which is a temporary putty, used to put up posters on walls, etc, on a toy, and temporarily stuck a different head on the same toy?

9. Death333

Death333 aliases: Dx3, Dr. Whiffington, Hellscr333m

News Credits:
    Wow, the people in this thread....

Definition of modification

1. 1: the limiting of a statement : qualification

2. 2: 1mode 6a

3. 3a : the making of a limited change in something; also : the result of such a changeb : a change in an organism caused by environmental factors

4. 4: a limitation or qualification of the meaning of a word by another word, by an affix, or by internal change
    johnybr8 - Don't pay attention to people like this. Do what makes you happy.

Congratz on your personal achievement.

• Like Like x 2
  10. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Also, as for the definition of what constitutes a "mod", then it is debatable. If one uses such a literal interpretation, then any pose, or indeed, fan mode could be considered a "custom".

From what I've gathered, I would see this as a fan mode, and not a custom.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2016
  11. Death333

News Credits:
    I disagree and as a customiser myself, sometimes the things you change are terribly minimal. Sticky tac can be temporary, sure but it holds fairly well and stays sticky for nearly forever and given the toys he has here I can completely understand why he's done what he's done. The patch that I placed on the pipe in my house over the summer is also a modification and technically temporary... as is all of the acrylic paint that I've ever added to any of my custom pieces and any heavy mod I've ever done because I have the tools and ability to undo them. The materials used and how they are used is not the determining factor. The fact is, he made a change, a modification and bypassed the original intent and use of his figure. How he did it is trivial and irrelevant because the end result is a figure with a head it was never meant to have. Just because he can reverse the modification with no negative consequences doesn't make it any less of a modification than the waist and leg replacement I made on my Armada Tidalwave. You can not like it if you wish but that doesn't change the fact that it is without doubt, a modification.

• Like Like x 1
  12. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

I'm sorry that this custom doesn't pass your definition of a mod; I will inform the mod police and they will take appropriate action at once. /sarcasm

I'm not sure if you noticed or cared, but you come off as a snob. I mean that in the most negative way possible. Stop making this whole thing about you.

13. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Dafuq is this thread about?

• Like Like x 1
  14. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:

You are welcome to your opinion. Others are welcome to theirs. This was not about me until abusive comments were aimed at me. I have given perfectly reasonable comments and opinions concerning the topic, as have others, who have agreed with me. Even those who have not, have every right to give their opinions. Doing so is not "about them", either. I however, asked questions before giving my opinion, lest I jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Also, there are indeed mods who can vet posts and threads, which is why anyone who believes this "custom" to be otherwise a fan mod, out not a custom, can report it as such, where, if the mod/s agree, can move it to the appropriate place.

However, by posting your comment about only myself, you have continued to make it "about me".

Moving on, I would suggest to the OP that more work could be done to make this, IMO, a "true" custom. Perhaps either a custom plastic/Shapeways adaptor? Other ideas could include making (if needed) adaptors for the drones to be wielded in weapon mode by the G1 versions?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  15. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    :hijacked: 

16. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:

Thanks for engaging in the debate in a healthy and mature fashion. It really is a matter of opinion if something is modded or not. A while ago, I posted a few pictures of alternate transformations for the Fans Project "Quickswitch" toy. The transformations created versions of the toy it wasn't meant to have and looked, in my opinion, significantly different from the original modes. However, even though I posted it here, in the custom tf forum, I asked mods if it was ok, and, if it wasn't, I asked mods to move the thread. A kindly mod moved the thread to the (third party?) forum, where it seemed to fare much better in that context, garnering presumably more attention than by being (erroneously) in the custom forum. I also posted pics of Kabaya Fort Max's head on TT's recent "Fortress" figure, and pics of various new headmasters on other, non-headmaster bodies. I posted them in the "Titan returns" thread, rather than customs, as I didn't believe them to be a custom.

Here are some questions relevant to this debate:

- If I painted a red dot on a figure and posted a pic of it as a custom, would it be so? Even if it was, would it be reasonable to expect (negative) criticism?

- How about if I used cellotape to stick a plastic GI-Joe gun on Optimus Prime and post that as another custom?

I suppose, it's a matter of degree, in the same way that people debate whether, conversely, a car, or building is the same car after several restorations or mods.

Anyway, regardless, please understand that I never wrote that the OP's pictures or efforts were bad; merely that I didn't think they were custom/modded enough to be considered a custom.

17. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:

How has it been hijacked? If someone's original post engages (healthy) debate relating to it? I'd be chuffed if my own posts could do so.

18. Death333

News Credits:
    I've run out of caring. Carry on.

19. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You could make (or print) a very thin "c" shaped clip for the titan masters that allowed for a more snug fit, but could still be easily removed.