My grandma passed away at the age of 95

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by YellowCorvette, Mar 15, 2020.

1. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Waiting for new Armada/Micron Legend figures

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Half an hour ago, my grandma just passed away in her bedroom at the age of 95.

My grandma suddenly falls ill like at around 8-10th of last month, and these posts from another thread sums up more in detail:

After staying at Hospital for around 3 weeks, my grandma was allowed to be discharged but from there on, everything gets worse for her condition. After she fall ill and went back to my home, she requires all-time caring, she can't move on her own at all, around 2-3 of us in my family are required just to help her to do such things as change diaper, shower and the only way to feed her was to relying on the Riley tube inserted from her nostril.

These 1-2 days has been not easy to everyone in my family, as she was started to get sick and barely conscious to anything going on. Despite knowing that something like this is inevitable, I still feels upset over what happened :( 

• Like Like x 4
  2. Twin Lambo fan

Twin Lambo fan Also loves Snarl

You have my condolences, friend. My grandmother passed at 98(2 months shy of her 99th bday), last oct.

She beat cancer 3 times, went legally blind, and came back from a broken hip, all after the age of 75. She lived in an assisted living center and went there kicking and screaming because she was such an independent woman after my grandfather died in 1988.

She was doing well last year but then started having some complications. She told my mom and one of my aunts that she “couldn’t wait to dance with Dad again.”, before she stopped talking. She was still somewhat responsive and I traveled 22hrs straight to say goodbye. She passed 30 min after me and her oldest son made it home and said our good byes to her.

She died almost exactly 31 years after my grandfather, just 5 days early.

we knew each year that it might be her last and it was still painful when she went. 5 months later it still is fresh and I miss her so much. We talked on the phone every other week for an hour or more since I live so far away.

don’t feel bad about the pain, and fee free to vent and commiserate.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Charlock

Charlock Lighten Up, Francis.

It's natural to be upset, even when we convince ourselves that the death of a loved one is inevitable and unavoidable. It's still painful to know they're not there anymore.

I lost my dad in May of last year and I still find myself thinking of him daily. I think of something I want to tell him, or something I know he would've found funny, then realize that he'd never pick up the phone if I called. I'll miss him for the rest of my life.

95 is a long, long life. Just think of all of the happy memories your grandmother had and all the ones she was apart of, not only for you but everyone she touched during her long life. It will seem like a small condolence for a while, but always be grateful for the time you had with her.

You have my sympathy and my thoughts are with you during this difficult time. Rest assured that all of the discomfort and pain she might have felt with her illness is over now and she is at peace. Much love.

• Like Like x 2
  4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    You have my most heartfelt condolences at this time of loss. My advice is remember the good time you had with your grandma let those memories keep her memory alive in your heart.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sixwing

Sixwing You have chosen poorly

My condolences to you and your family.

6. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The worst part is having to see her suffer so long. It reminds me of when my maternal grandmother passed 11 years ago. She wound up in the hospital twice for intestinal issues. First time she was there two weeks, then discharged, second time a week later, she was taken there, and never to return. Took another three weeks for her to eventually pass... all the while she deteriorated more and more. I kept hoping and praying that either she'd get better, or that her suffering end as soon as possible... but no, a month and a half of this. She had a difficult life, through the very end.

Needless to say, I can definitely relate to the anguish of a delayed passing of a loved one. Much condolences to you and yours.

• Like Like x 2
  7. YellowCorvette

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I really appreciate the expression of condolences from you guys, and thanks.

In preparation for my grandma's funeral and the upcoming burial at the 19th of March, I'll be a bit busy assisting with the funeral alongside with my family and relatives.

Looking back at the life my grandmother has went through with hindsight, she's definitely has quite a long life as she's live through the entirety of WW2, witnessing the declaration of independence and the formation of my country, as well as some other interesting stuffs. I calmed down for a bit in these 2 days, as no matter how upset I was it's already happened and the only thing I should do right now is making sure everything in the funeral went as it should.

• Like Like x 3
  8. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry to read about your loss...just treasure the times you shared together.

9. AutobotSeeker81

AutobotSeeker81 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my grandmother in 2012. She had been dealing with Alzheimer's for a few years before but it was still hard. Oddly enough, the part that got me the most at the service was my sister and cousin playing songs on flute and violin respectively. It's like music made it more real.

10. Twin Lambo fan

Twin Lambo fan Also loves Snarl

Yep, I loved hearing her stories and never tired of them, even if it was the 5th time She told it. What an amazing life and the things she has seen and how times changed. From going to warming blankets up on the stove before driving to church on Sundays to stay warm during a MN winter, to smart phones and Bluetooth indoor climate control/electric start cars...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

Sorry for your loss.

12. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Requirem for a dream

News Credits:
    Sorry for your loss..

13. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Soviet borf comrade

News Credits:
    Jesus, my grandma passed away three weeks ago. The funeral was only two weeks ago, I'm sorry you're going through this, I hope you know it gets better even if it feels horrible and hopeless now, it will get better. You will get better no matter what you say now.

14. YellowCorvette

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Currently on the way alongside my family and relatives for the funeral procession of my grandmother. It'll be a bit of long trip, since the cemetery where my grandmother would be buried has quite a distance from my house (Where the funeral was held).

I appreciate all of the condolences. My sister was quite upset throughout the entire morning, and despite feeling just as sad the only thing I could do is to patting her shoulders calmly, not saying anything.

15. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Soviet borf comrade

News Credits:
    That's what's best. Being surrounded by people who loved her as much as you. Good luck. Be strong.

16. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know how it is. My grandmother passed away at the age of 90 13 years ago.