Minor/Repaint: My FOC Shockwave

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by reluttr, Mar 27, 2013.

1. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FOC Shockwave just didn't sit right with me. Like he had the general look of the g1 character, but his alt mode and arm blaster just was cutting the mustard for my classics shelf.

So I started off by getting the excellent set made by Megatron31. It looks great, but it does not store in alt mode, meaning I was still tethered to the stock arm blaster for alt mode. So I got to thinking... what if I make it able to store! This was what resulted.

[​IMG]

I also plan on doing Clays Hercules Gun Mod. Which is why I also went to the trouble of popping off the wings and changing up the alt mode some.

[​IMG]

One more thing I discovered is that you can store the stock blasters tip on shockwaves back by plugging the "sight" on the cap into the rectangular hole on shockwaves butt, resulting in a battery reserve.
    Meaning I can keep the stock tip around to fill out the alt mode, but its also not just laying around in bot mode. Its basically like how the third party masterpiece shockwave handles his gun tip in bot mode

[​IMG]

That being said, I also had to modify the stock gun tip to fit onto the blaster arm for alt mode due to clearance issues. A fun side effect of this is that I can plug it onto Shockwaves gun arm to create a giant mace or temporarily emulate the look of the blaster arm from the game.

[​IMG]

To sorta wrap things up, I think anyone that is wanting to make their shockwave more g1 accurate should do this. Its easy enough to pop off the wings as they are held in with friction caps and if your not feeling up to cutting on your shockwave then Megatron31's kit makes it look great on display!

please check below for addition pictures. :D 

Attached Files:

2. Primacronus

Primacronus Clean-Up Crew

News Credits:
    Looks good!

3. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
    Wow that looks pretty awesome. Might pick up a second Shockwave to do these mods to.

Any chance for a shot or two of how the back looks?

4. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pics added, I also cleaned up the post some so its not just a wad of text followed by a string of pics. XD

5. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
    Hmm I already have the tip of his cannon plugged into his bum since it refuses to stay on anymore. I'm really actually like the look of the backpack without the wings.

If I get my hands on another, he's going to get modded. Thanks for the extra pics.