My First Taste, and Very Tempted!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Oct 8, 2010.

1. nehushtan

nehushtan Escalation Jedi

I couldn't tell you since I am not familiar with XBOX consoles. Maybe the XBOX users can weigh in on this one.

Only stuff you can store as far as I know is the downloaded content from PSN. Everything else such as your DVD collection would have to be ripped and stuffed in an MP4 container. I believe the PS3 will only read/playback MP4's but if you don't know how to do that or what it means we have an entirely different problem here...

No, not really. The only place you can explore safely w/out getting killed would be Escalation in Broken Hope. Just kill off everyone in the first wave and leave 1 spider while you get use to the game play. Otherwise, you have to learn hands on like everyone else did. Playing the story mode helped me out a bit, playing MP helped me out tremendously, and Escalation just completed the whole experience for me. Everyone is different though. You have guys who jumped right into it and had no problem and then some of us had a bit of a learning curve to adjust to before we were decent.

My advice to a noob -- TAKE COVER! STAY ALIVE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

2. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I've got a 360, upgraded to a newer 250 GB one after my old one finally died after about three years of solid use. It comes with built in wifi. I use it for Netflix and to rent the occasional movie via streaming, in addition to video games.

As far as the game goes, it's better to play the campaigns first to learn the controls and overall feel of the game. I prefer Escalation for multiplayer, it's just much more fun than the PvP craziness of the regular multiplayer.

3. nehushtan

nehushtan Escalation Jedi

There it is.. you can pick and choose the size of your HDD. You can stream videos from Netflix with the PS3 as well.

4. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I'm thinking Xbox for my self. :)  250GB was mentioned, is that the highest capacity? And will it accept an external hard drive via USB cable? Or will it accept it via other means?

5. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ps3 takes a standard hard drive, you can change it out, i have a terabyte one that i put in it recently, and i won't pay for my internet twice

6. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    The new 360's now have built in wi/fi, hard drive and intercooler. The cheapest one is only $199. I think their hardware issues might be a thing of the past.
    But you still have to pay for X-Box Live.

There IS an optimal viewing distance for tv's, and it's based on screen size. Figure 3 feet back for every 1 foot of screen size. For the sake of simple math, imagine you have a 36 in tv: 36 inches is the same as 3 feet. So, 3 feet back for every 1 foot of screen is 9 feet (3 feet back x 3 foot screen= 3x3=9). It is entirely possible to have a tv that is too big for your room (remember- you measure screen size by measuring one corner diagonally to another corner).

PS3's have a built in Blue Ray, and they will play and up-scale standard DVD's to a hi-def-ish resolution. But PS3's ARE expensive, and I still don't think that they are entirely backward compatible with PS2 games. I don't know if they are working on that tho.

The 360 isn't entirely compatible with old X-Box games either, but they are ALWAYS making downloadable drivers to play the older games, so compatability is becoming less and less of an issue.

From what I understand, WFC was created on / for the X-Box 360 and was ported out / translated to other platforms. Someone can correct me on that if I am wrong, and I have seen a few PS3 users complain about some minor issues with the game.

7. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    250 GB is the max capacity for now. I believe it will accept flash drives, not certain about external hard drives, I'd have to look that up.

And yeah Xbox Live Gold isn't free, but I only pay like 7.50 a month or so for it, doesn't bother me thT much.

8. prime292

prime292 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have both Xbox and PS3. The PS3 is a better piece of hardware, with built in wireless and a blue ray all in one package. Not to mention free online play. Also I cant speak for everyone but the over all peeps I encounter on PSN seen a little bit more mature then those I find on Xbox live. But in the end it boils down to what a person can afford.

9. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

Just remember that this game is a hybrid of a 3rd person shooter/platformer/ and race game.

consider the 20 dollars you'll need to spend on DLC if your friend owns it as well

10. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Our couch is 16 feet away from our 55incher. It's pretty comfortable distance, maybe not optimal, but it's comfortable. It's also dead on without heaving to stretch your neck up to view it.
    Now, back to the video game. Is it beginner friendly?

11. BlueFlame

BlueFlame Well-Known Member

Blu-ray is highly over rated.

12. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I would say so. I haven't played a shooter heavily since maybe DOOM or Dark Forces. Starting out on Easy mode in the campaigns was a good challenge for me, and I've now beaten both campaigns on all three difficulty levels. Where it gets hard for me is in some of the multiplayer games of conquest or deathmatch where I just can't keep up with some of those guys. Hence I play Escalation to death.