Minor/Repaint: My First Custom: Evasion Prime

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Blastification, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Blastification

Blastification Fembot Supporter

First Transformers figure I've ever painted. The first attempt at a clear coat turned into a debacle, so to salvage it, I made him weathered/battle scarred.

Updating with some better pictures. (So THAT'S what the little flower icon is!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Ironkorr

Ironkorr Ironkorr Customs

Ebay:
    nice job!

3. ironscythe

ironscythe The Critic

News Credits:
    I'd say it turned out okay. I'd like to see some close-in shots of the face and other parts, though.

Evasion Prime is what you'd call an "easy job". Because he has so much beautifully-sculpted detail, adding some ink or paint goes a long way to improving on his appearance. Secondly, because his transformation essentially turns him inside-out, there aren't a lot of places you can't reach with a brush or pen. You have to really have no idea what you're doing to affect his appearance in a negative way.

From what I can see (and that's not much given the lighting and low resolution of the photos), you've done a fair job of detailing, but I can't really critique without more detailed shots.

4. Blastification

I've borrowed a better camera, so hopefully some new pics will be better and I'll mirror them from my blog, instead of uploading to the board. I was just disappointed with how the paint budget was spent, so I mostly used the box art as a guide and made a mouth plate to cover the monkey face.

5. Jerrymiru

Jerrymiru TF Ninja

Not bad, not bad. Welcome to the club :thumb 

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  6. pumpkingonzo

pumpkingonzo Stunticon lover!

Ebay:
    Nice work!

7. TFfanOP

TFfanOP Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good stuff.

btw. watching all these Evasion customs, I'm really surprised nobody truly customized his gun so that Prime can properly hold it at the right spot.

8. Blastification

That's... beyond me. I know how to paint, I don't go cutting up plastic unless I've seen a tutorial that's easy to do. The most I've done in that department was the sanding and spring removal on Blitzwing and gluing in a piece on Aranea.

I think part of the problem was trying to get too artistic in the original batch of photos. And not knowing that "macro mode" was on the dial, not in the menu settings. I saw someone explain that, which made a huge difference. As did using the timer so I didn't nudge the camera as it was taking the picture. I still haven't figured out color setting, so I color corrected in image software.
    I haven't tried to make a light box yet (which means something completely different in the drawing and painting world), but I may. I can always scavenge boxes from the dollar store.