My first confrontation in the Toy aisle...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tikgnat, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So I was in the shops yesterday looking for a Voyager Megatron, and there's a woman and her kid in a pram. She asks me,

'Birthday?'
    'Uh, yeah, something like that.'
    'How old?'
    'Uh. Well, actually its for me.'
    'Ugh. If my 5 year old was still playing with toys at your age... I'd, well, I'd...'

'STEP OFF BITCH! YOUR FREAKIN' 5 YEAR OLD IS STILL IN A PRAM! AT THIS RATE HE'LL STILL BE PLAYIN' WITH TOYS AT MY AGE MOTHERFUCKER!'

Actually that last bit was a lie (can you tell?) instead my blank look solicited a 'Collector?' query that seemed to have satisfied her.

But damn, for a second it was like I was a paedophile or something.

Edit.
    'I'm not huntin' toys... I'm huntin' BOYS!' MUHUHAHAHA! [/Mumm-ra]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2007
  2. ranoobu

ranoobu I like fried chicken

News Credits:

The people you meet at the stores..

That was just ******ed.

3. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I already have prepared comebacks for smug assholes like that. Usually it's not the case with fellow consumers, since there's quite a lot of military folks here that're still into TFs, but cashiers, that's a different story. Luckily I've bought most of my stuff at Walmart's Self-Checkout, or at TRU, where I was actually reminiscing about G1 toys with the cashier, but if ever I step into a Kohl's or Target and encounter some high and mighty bitch like that, all you need to do is stifle a laugh and utter, "lol, you work at Kohl's and you're older than my mom!". Instant pwnage.

4. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait wait wait!

A five year old.... in a pram? And she comments on you buying toys?
    She has some problems, and so is her kid gonna have if she continues like that. Five year olds can walk for themselves.

5. ranoobu

News Credits:
    lol yea, but in tikgnat's case it was a consumer..

i probably wouldn't be able to say anything since her baby was there.

I'd just feel bad afterwards scaring the kid.. it's not their fault their parents are disrespectful of others.

6. ranoobu

News Credits:
    I don't even know what a Pram is.. it sounds like a piece of a name of a thai dish..
    (I like thai food)

7. Sycia

Sycia Draconian Faction

I'd be between yelling, and telling her that in saying that, she's just proven my theory on adults only being children in denial right.

8. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wasn't sure myself so I googled it... WTF!

[​IMG]

Five year olds don't belong in theese!

EDIT: Unless there's something wrong with them, having some kind of physichal defect or something.
    EDIT AGAIN: That sounded disrepectfull, nothing wrong with havin a "defect", they can't help it. Jusst wanted to make my opinion clear to avoid missunderstandings ;) 

9. ranoobu

News Credits:
    :lolol 

10. nintendofreakgc

nintendofreakgc Bumblebee fan

Hmm, I had a similar experience recently when buying my TMNT movie Cowabunga Carl van (arguably, it didn't help that I'd bought two - one was for my niece, who, thanks to her father's positive influence, is a fan of both TMNT and Transformers, as well as the "girlier" stuff). Unfortunately, the only comeback I could come up with was "I'm a fan from the 80s" (not quite true, as I was only born in 1989, but close enough to the truth), and that didn't quite seem to work. I'll have to work on my witty comebacks.

Mind you, I'm still surprised that I never get any weird looks when I buy the occasional Pokemon DVD. There just doesn't seem to be any consistency in this.

Now that's a group of TF fans I hadn't ever considered. Do they tend to be more into the ones that transform into military vehicles (eg. Starscream, Brawl), or do their tastes vary as much as fans in general?

11. ranoobu

News Credits:
    I just thought of a fun dialogue:

(After the person acts like an ass)

Me: So how much money do you get paid to work here?
    Them: Oh.. good enough pay
    Me: Well I make "fuck you" money and i'll buy whatever i want

:music 

12. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Total Pwnage!!!

13. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    When U bought movie Arcee about 3 weeks ago I was out with a female friend. I said "Oh Im just gonna duck into Target, but you can wait out here if you want". Intrigued a little bit she followed. As we neared the toy aisle I said "Oh you can look away now, cover your eyes or something" (jokingly of course). She didnt and we got into the Transformers section, and I thought, what the hell.

While I was rifling through the Deluxe shelf she was having more fun that I was messing around with the Cyber Stompers and the wallkie talkies.

And she said it was cute that I was still into Transformers. So it kinda worked all round you see.

Personally the only time Iv ever been talking to complete strangers in the TF aisles are to give lost parents advice ("I know its large and shiny mate, but at the end of the day masterpiece prime is NOT a good idea for your toddler...") or to talk to fellow collectors I stumble across somehow ("You know, I dont mind so much that Thrust has no hands when you take into account he's more articulated that the rest of Armada" <-- a discussion me and someone Id never met before ended up having in a local Toyworld some years back...)

14. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Their tastes vary as much as fans, from what I've seen. Incidentally, these are like the same guys I see whenever I happen to stop by the local comic book shop.

15. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    I don't think there has to be any link between. It's more that if you've grown up with TF or not - whether they are jets, tanks etc is of lesser importance.
    I'm an "old" air force guy but I don't just buy military jets or other military vehicles, I primarily buy them if I like the toy and the character.

16. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

My soda almost hit the monitor screen at that I was laughing so hard. Total Pwnage.

17. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    since she left of trailing with a 'i'd, well...', you shoulda called her out and said 'youd what? what? yeah c'mon tell me....thats what i thought.' then u facepalm her.

18. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    It amazes me that I've never had any problems with male cashiers. It's usually the young female variety, I would love to ask some of them how many pairs of shoes they have collected at home but never wear.

19. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm into all of them, although there's definitely a special place in my heart for certain alt-modes (CD Hotshot, Wreckage).

One bonus to being military and digging TFs is that whenever somebody says I'm immature, I bust out the 'served in Iraq as a line medic' card, and that's basically an atom bomb for the conversation. Hard to tell me I need to grow up after that, y'know?

20. kasper0v

kasper0v Well-Known Member

How'd you know that kid was 5? Maybe he was just a mutant baby; a horribly deformed infant, five times normal size...that would explain the mother's ire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.