My first comic book shop in 13 years

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by TJOmega, Feb 14, 2008.

1. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    So the last time I was in a comic book shop was when I was 11, after my family moved to the town I still reside in. After a very long drought in comic resources around here, my girlfriend found a comic book shop at a local flea market. Tiny little place but wow, it was great to see so many classic comics lined up everywhere. Sadly only a couple Transformers comics, part of me was hoping to find something notable or at the least humerous like the Carwash of Doom. He had Amazing Spider-Man 300, the birth of Venom, $100... damn.

Imagine my surprise when he had a section for autographed stuff, and tucked away among numerous indy comics and names I never heard of was Amazing Spider-Man Annual #21, the wedding issue, autographed by cover artist John Romita. (The costume cover version) For $10, it's the first comic I've bought in person in a damn long time and a fitting item to find in the wake of Brand New Day. My small little protest, going into my chest of big Spider-Man issues, the 3 part Hobgoblin series, the Maximum Carnage series, the end of the Clone Saga issue, and Spider-Man #375, all of which may or may not have happened now...

2. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Sweet find! Congrats

3. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Man I should have hit you up like 3 months ago. I sold like 25 long boxes of comics with an almost complete run of Amazing. I know what you mean by the "feeling" though. I love the feeling I get looking at all the old copies in a flea market long box. Get the same feeling in the toy aisle too.

4. TJOmega

News Credits:
    :lol  Dont worry about it, I'm not too big on buying comics, but there's a few special issues I wouldn't mind owning. I got this one cause it just seemed like all stars aligned, I just ranted with a friend over Brand New Day, it was my first comic shop in so long, the autograph, that close to Valentine's Day no less.

The only ones I'd really like would be the original Carnage trilogy, I had it as a kid but we lost it when we moved down here, pissed me off so bad...

5. Prowl_Delta_31

News Credits:
    Let me check but I think I have an extra set laying around Max Carnage if so I will get it to you on me.

6. TJOmega

News Credits:
    Appreciate the offer but Maximum Carnage I've got, really proud of that actually... I meant the original 3-part introduction of Carnage, Amazing #361-363.

7. Prowl_Delta_31

News Credits:
    Oh ok then good luck you can still get those kinda cheap.

8. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Picked those up on eBay a little while back. Shouldn't run you too much, didn't cost me much at all.

Prowl, you said you have think you have an extra set of Maximum Carnage..or is it the TPB?