My Fallen's shoulders are glued.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TIE Bomber, May 29, 2009.

1. TIE Bomber

TIE Bomber Banned

I'm trying to transform The Fallen. I'm supposed to flip the shoulders up but they have been glued in place. WTF? Any advice? Is it supposed to be like that?:confused: 

2. _Galvatron_

_Galvatron_ Emperor of Destruction

Bwahahahahahahahahaha! I'm sorry dude, but the thread title was funny as hell.

I have no idea about The Fallen toy, as I don't own one. I suggest you take it back to the store and switch it out for a new one.

3. TIE Bomber

TIE Bomber Banned

Yeah! Gonna have to. This is my second already. I had to return the first one because as soon as I opened it the foot popped off & wouldn't stay on. I just can't believe this!!!

4. _Galvatron_

I'm detecting lack of QC on this launch even worse than the last movie launch.

I had to look at 14(!!!) Leader Primes to get one without a scratched-up faceplate that was missing paint. If I am paying nearly $50 for a toy, it had better be great out of the box. I am just not feeling it for this line.

That said, Leader Prime is fantastic (if you can find one that is not already scratched-up in the box).

I am hoping the upcoming Leader Starscream is just as great.

Damnit...now I'm off to buy a Leader Megatron. I am such a whore. lol

5. TIE Bomber

TIE Bomber Banned

Yeah, I can't believe I have to waste gas to go back to Target for a 3rd round.

I forced the shoulders & snapped the glue. One is fine but the other snapped the dark green plastic that holds the pin. I finally got him transformed. I totally LOVE this figure, bot mode & alt mode. The alt mode reminds me of the Gobots Vamp & Pincher. Tomorrow morning I'm gonna take it back & get a new one, but this time I'm gonna open it in the parking lot & make sure everything is okay.

I'm surprised nobody else has reported any problems with this figure. Looks like I'm the only one. Lucky me!:rolleyes: 

6. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Fortunately, my Fallen seems to be okay. But the rest of the figures do seem to be a bit rushed. Hell, my Sideswipe actually has little strands (like hairs) of plastic streaming off of various parts because they didn't let him cool long enough before yanking him out of the mold or whatever.

All of the figures seem a bit rushed this time. The overall quality is good, the designs are excellent, but there does seem to be a bit of a rush job here and there.

7. Cujo

Cujo United States Air Force

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the only pro b i had with my fallen is some of the "mold" plastic wasn't fully taken off

8. shaintheman

shaintheman Well-Known Member

I've bought rampage and sideways so far and there okay, though im worried about the prime i've lay buyed and the megatron im buying tmr....

this is the 2nd fallen you've bought, Seems like his figure isnt that great man.

9. TIE Bomber

TIE Bomber Banned

I'm having problems but I totally LOVE this figure. It doesn't look anything like a Transformer, it looks like an updated version of Pincher from the Go-Bot's. I'll keep trying until I get one that doesn't have any problems. I love all the movie figures that look like monsters.

I doubt I'll get another one that has glued shoulders. What are the odds?

10. _Galvatron_

I really get this impression when I look at them in the box/bubble.

I passed on Leader Megatron after all (for now). I needed a fan for my seiberian husky instead. I'll pick up Leader Megatron in a couple of weeks.

11. Bat Trap

Bat Trap Makes the Pie Higher

Dang Bomber you've just been having terrible luck. I'd say just go trade it out. Recently I had to return several Star Wars figures to a store because they had a bunch of things glued on crooked. I think Hasbro's just been sloppy recently. I seem to have gotten lucky on the ROTF line so far though, no major complaints.

12. newguy

newguy i

Return it and if you get another bad one, well return it again.

The springs in the red neck flap thingy on mine got messed up so it wouldnt open but that was an easy fix.

13. Z.U.D.O.N

Z.U.D.O.N Camshaft's Master

You guys in US are fortunate that you only have to pay less than 50 bucks or equivalent to 50 bucks for most TFs, excluding the Supreme Classes and Supreme Devastator. In many Asian countries, TF classes (such as Voyager and Leader) are priced at the hundreds of their own local currencies, which are normally much smaller than that of USD. So logically speaking, we should be the ones complaining, but we don't really complain (as far as I know).

So please, even though you get paint missing or a face has a scratch or something, just accept it. Anyway, in the near future there'll be scratches and paint will come off so there's no helping it.

QC has always been a problem for years, so I'm not surprised. As long as things come from China, you'll have to accept it somehow.. :S I'm not trying to insult China here, it's just my opinion.

-------

Back on topic: I don't own the Fallen, and I'm sorry to hear that your Fallen has that problem.. Hopefully your next one will be alright.

Lastly, forgive me if I offended anyone. I didn't mean to. I was only expressing my opinions and feelings here.

14. TIE Bomber

TIE Bomber Banned

I noticed you have to slide the head up & down to make them work. Was that the problem?

15. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Speaking of The Fallen....

Can anyone tell me why the guy has his forearms handcuffed to his waist? (In case you're wondering what I'm on about, I'll explain first.)

On his waist, there are two tabs with posts on them. On his forearms (which becomes his thrusters in vehicle mode) he has two tabs (which become tail fins) that DO lock onto the waist pieces. (It's a perfect fit, and does work, even though it isn't mentioned in the instructions.)

Why on Earth would his robot mode need restricted movement? I mean you don't have to tab them in, of course, but why design such a thing??

Oh and his Mech Alive gimmick (the red plastic pop outs) actually come out in vehicle mode (you can see on the body of the vehicle mode that the pieces are supposed to come out.)

So what is his robot mode gimmick, really? Just standing there with shackles on?

16. TIE Bomber

TIE Bomber Banned

I was wondering the same thing. If it happens in the movie then it's kind of cool but still totally useless.

17. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

And because of my damned OCD, I can't transform him to robot mode without attaching them.

It's those little things that GNAW at me.

18. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

Maybe to show he's restrained/a Prisoner?? Just a thought.

I picked up Sideways and Sideswipe tonight at TRU. Was really surprised I had to look at 8 Sideways and 3 Sideswipes to find ones that weren't all scratched up.

Seriously how can they get so scratched up inside their packages? I wasn't being super picky either, the roof of one of the Sideways looked like the car had been flipped over and pushed across the ground. Pretty weird.

19. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    i still dbelieve you story, and i can tell you why:

Fallen is still sold IN ALTMODE so you dont have to transform him into. So there are 2 ways:

1. You bought a pre-release from ebay

2. You glued him by yourself.

20. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    All the good figures with no QC errors got stolen from the factories.