My disappointment with the sequel

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Getter Rekka, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    I think the ROTF Arcee looks ok. I am just disappointed there is no Transformers love and sex shown, maybe in TF3. We need to give birth to more Primes.

2. Flyby33

Flyby33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    not trying to be a hater but i think the reason for sideswipe not being red goes back to the first movie the reason prime wasnt completely red.. some reason can't really remember they said filming cgi in red was really hard to do i think it was something to do with lighting hard to match up for realism..the metallics are used because thats whats "in" right now ever notice all the silver cars on the road these days?? and why lime green for skids because its a new car model the green makes it flashy and noticable..about the metal being painted well yeah thats true but i dont think it has anything to do with being painted the alt mode assumes the color of the protoform. notice prime getting out of the pool if you have hd and watch you can see the red and blue on his ankles and legs clearly before he scanns the truck or they pick something with similar colors..but hey opinions are like assholes everyone has them..thats what makes america great you can have your own opinion and no one can stop you..

3. buffbeefbroth

buffbeefbroth Holier than Thou

Yeah, I'm pissed about that, too. Apparently, the only sex scene we get is with Mojo. :mad 

4. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Here s the horrible catch 22 I see with that.

If you didn't like the first movie and are worried bout the 2nd one and if you go to the movie your essentially telling the studio I loved it with your donation of hard earned money,

If the movie is a complete disappointment and you don't want it to keep heading that direction you d have to basically not give them money ( by not seeing the movie not pirating ). So holding out hope Michael Bay changes his direction style for the films all off a sudden you can go to the movie hopeful, but waiting to be disappointed. Or you can stand by your disappointment and not go opening week ( following weeks get less press ) or not go at all.

Personally the first one set such a horrible precedent for the 2nd one I will not be seeing it since it sounds like its going to be just another waste of time like the first one. If I here somebody say its a totally different movie than the first then maybe sure ill take a look but other wise I know Bays movie will disappoint myself.

If there was one thing that bugs me really bad about both movies is how the title is always TRANSFORMERS a film by MICHAEL BAY. Like anyone thinks the movie is going to be awesome because of him. Hell giant CGI transformers is 90% the sell of the film to start. Its as if he is trying to say hey this is a legitimate film because i put MYYYY name on it.

5. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I think your thinking of wheelies scene where he humps Mikaela's leg like a dog.

6. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

ahh you beat me to it. That's what I thought when I read his first post too. Doesn't like silver, but doesn't like colors. Doesn't like wheelfeet but doesn't like Devastators legs. Doesn't seem to like much of anything. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but the thread title isn't: "Disappointment with the Movies color palate." it's : "My disappointment with the sequel."

Of course people are going to jump up when a new members first couple posts are all about how much he dislikes a movie that isn't even out yet that he hasn't been seen yet. It's like joining a GI Joe or He-Man board specifically to complain about shit. I mean really, who does that? That just seems like someone being a troll or trying to start problems.

If you don't like it? Cool, don't watch it. But why whine about it?

I can accept Optimus being a red truck, a gorilla, a firetruck, etc. Transformers are about change, and I can change pretty easily to enjoy new things.

The OP is clearly entitled to his opinion, and noone here would try to take that away from you. But I find your tact to be kind of lacking.

I'm gonna go join a GI Joe board just to complain about how much the new movie that's not out yet sucks. And I'll use words like "******ed" or that *other word* that was edited out for good reasons. I'll point out that Snakeeyes looks short and fat, and that none of them are wearing the 'real' GI Joe outfits, then I'll go on and on about how it's my right to express my opinion on their board.

See how silly that looks? Cool, now look around.

nice observation, except that was Ironhide.

7. newguy

newguy i

Every year there's always a new rant about the new movie, and how it's just not good enough. Everything can't be perfect for you. Now shut up and watch some big ass robots beat the shit out of each other.

8. buffbeefbroth

buffbeefbroth Holier than Thou

I've heard both.

But nonetheless, this thread sucks. Dev's balls' thread is much more humorous.

9. Getter Rekka

Getter Rekka Well-Known Member

Not really, since one is actually about the movie and another is more of a meta posting sort of thing. That's not to say meta posts are never valid, I feel like a huge rant about this "GEEWUN" bullshit used to write off people's opinions, but when it's just at people stating their preferences, it's unnecessary at best.

10. Getter Rekka

I agree, they should have used Wreckage. He was cooler than any of stuff they came up with the sequel IMO apart from maybe SIdeswipe and the two decent constructicons. His toy was dodgy though(chest didn't stay down).

The rest of your post was a good read though I've nothing to say in specific :) 

The thing about the Transformations is that they have a very Zero gravity look to them. I doubt gravity manipulation would beyond them if they had interstellar capability(some argue the only way to do this would by manipulating gravitons).

Dear God I remember some of your posts from the movie forums way back when.

It just amazes me how some people can be so utterly nasty for 2 years straight and not get banned, but this GEEWUN stuff is still going around.

There is absolutely nothing else I can say about that post. That post just represents everything I hate about Transformers fandom. You are an opinion pusher and are looking for shitty ways to justify it so you don't get moderation action.

There are some horrific comments against "whiners" in this thread, yet people still take that side. That's unbelievable. There is no way in hell you care about "trolls" if you turn around and bitch at entirely the wrong people. It's malicious and flat out delusional.

This is flat out trolling, and you're telling people to laugh at a person because their views differ to yours.

Why say anything positive about it? Why anything? Because I like to share my opinion and discuss things. Any mature forum can do this.

You, Master Fwiffo and the others are trying to control other people's opinions whether you like me saying this or not. It'd disgusting and I'm not sure why people accept it.

I cannot believe the ridiculous amount of posts pushing YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET when I'm complaining about things I HAVE seen and WON'T change when I've seen it. I thought Starscream looked shitty before I saw the movie, and what do you know, he still looked awful to me on screen.

It's not irrational hatred to say I don't like something I'VE SEEN. Just because I haven't seen them "In action" outside of the trailers, which by the way are meant to "sell" me the movie to begin with, doesn't make my opinion any less valid.

I've never seen such a rampant collection of opinion pushers. If you like the sequel designs, cool by me, I think a lot of people only assume this position due to the insane social pressure that's evident in this thread, but a lot of people are just going to like them. I'm not going to tell you GIVE HATING THEM A CHANCE HURR in the same way some people are doing or call people a "troll" for not having the same opinion as me.

11. Getter Rekka

Honestly, I hate how modern cars look all muted and "Metallic".

Also to the guy bitching here -

Jesus christ just because I don't like two alternatives doesn't mean i don't like anything.

I don't like yet another silver design because it's monochrome, therefore an unpleasant use(or lack thereof of colour) when there's too much of it already, I don't like the colour puke bots because they're colour puke and use colour inappropriately. The "Lime green" and "Wtf orange" of Herp and Derp are off putting to me. I explained this position outright as soon as i mentioned it, but you ignroed it since you're only interested in making me look ridiculous.

I would like to see a bot that's coloured decent. Prime is good apart from the flames.

The nonsense of this is shown when you present the only two alternatives as being wheelfeet or devestators feet. What the fuck? Why do I have to like one or the other?

My favourite kind of feet for mechs, actually, are VOTOMS/KMF like feet with skates on.

12. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Man, you just will not quit with Godwin's law, will you?

13. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Yeah, I don't get how defending the movie makes me a nazi. Is it alright if I'm a bit offended?

14. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Now there's a great idea! :thumbs2: 

15. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Hey, man, welcome to the board! I'm just assuming your new since you joined in June, and this was your first post. :) 

Thanks for seconding my opinion. Every one is entitled to an opinion. Right people?

16. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Yeah man, I am new :D  Thanks!

However, I am trying to keep a low profile, considering after I read this thing, I could get thrashed.

We should get along, but then again, I always believe in opinions.

I am not sure about the designs, as there is only one transformer I look for. Megatron! If he is big and mean looking, heck, I love it!

Oh, and the Fallen, he looks awesome too.

Cheers:wink: 

17. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Welcome Getter and Kraken to the boards!

Getter: I disagree with some of the things you said but I completely respect that you say your opinion intelligently with some good points. Don't let anyone tell you can't base your opinion off of what you have seen so far. You can. Opinions can change but if yours stays the same you are completely entitled to it. There are unfortunately some people who get upset if you say anything against any aspect of Transformers on here. I personally couldn't stand Animated and got shouted down numerous times especially when I predicted with supporting evidence that Animated was going to be cancelled and had failed. Of course we see how that went. :)  Again I respectfully disagree but your case is well stated so don't be turned off by people who cannot debate opinions rather than just insult the poster.

18. Getter Rekka

Thank you.

Some guys are definitely utterly totalitarian when it comes to opinion, so you really should excuse some of the more heated comments until people stop using words like WHINER and GEEWUNNER. This isn't 4chan.

19. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    roy_flagg00, any time you say something credible, noone will take it seriously, just because of those "bay's brownshirts" comments. another user had the same problem. he made some salient points, but would throw around "defenders of the faith" every time someone contradicted him, and he would be largely disregarded.
    so why don't you grow up and stop trolling?

20. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Just respect peoples opinions, and you will be fine. :wink: 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.