My cat is a bed wetter!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark Magnus, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

I haven't read through this thread, so maybe I'm just repeating more advice. Anyways, I work at a cat clinic. Your cat may be doing this for one (or a combination) of several reasons:

1. Behavioral. The cat is marking what it perceives as its territory. Maybe there's been a change in the home or the bedroom, a decrease in the amount of attention you give the cat - who knows.

2. Could be the urinary tract infection, but the symptoms usuually are bloody urine spots coupled with the cat going back and forth into and out of the litter box.

3. A stone. roughly the same behavior as if the cat had a tract infection, 'cept it's probably more painful, and with male cats, a blockage could occur.

Definitely take the cat to the vet. They'll probably want to do a urinalysis either in house, to the lab, or both, as well as X-Rays. The cat can't tell you what's up, so the doctor has to find out.

2. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

Our cat started pissing all over the house a little less than a year after we got her. We took her to the vet and they couldn't find anything wrong with her so we assumed it was just behavioral. After trying some tricks to make her stop one day she just started pissing in the corner right in front of everyone. My dad got pissed off, picked her up by the scruff of her neck and tossed her ass outside. That was the first time she had ever really been yelled at and punished. She stayed away from the house for two days then came back and never had a problem again.