Minor/Repaint: My Bruticus

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Pudglor Shmormuff, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

Hey Everyone,

It's been a while- alot's been changing life-wise, been pretty busy- but I'm back, and I'm pleased to show you my ideal Bruticus set, which I completed this weekend.

It's the Energon set + Fansproject Upgrade Kit + Shadow Fisher Upgrade kit + the hands from Perfect Effect's Combiner Upgrade Kit + Parts from Junkion Blacksmith's Infinity Warfare Kit + Parts from other 3rd party, as well as streamline/official, transformers.

Yeah...it's a lot LOL....but it works, it all works, and it's stable too. I DID, however, have to go in and tighten the joints (specifically in the thighs) to be able to hold their positions while posing this big guy- because originally I don't think the Energon toys were made to support all this extra stuff- so if you want to build up on top of it to this extent: You'll definitely have to adjust the Energon joints, or pretty much all the joints, and make them stronger to support it all.

But I did, and he's solid.

I'm not going to show you their individual robot modes or vehicles modes, because at this point we all know what they look like, we've seen it, this set's been around long enough, we've all had a taste- so it's not necessary for me to go there.

The biggest thing with this set, for me personally, is the color scheme: Battle Gaia.

I've always wanted a Bruticus in Battle Gaia colors, because I think his default colors really make him look like he's made from junk- there's no flare or flash with the original colors, and that bothers me- and if I was going to add a Bruticus to my collection I wouldn't settle for anything but a Battle Gaia set.

As for the Upgrade kits involved: Fansproject and Shadow fisher both know what they're doing. They're fantastic kits, great quality, sturdy, solid, great in all modes- and I highly recommend them. Plus, the Shadow Fisher upgrade kit REALLY bulks Bruticus up- he looks like an absolute beast once you place SF's kit on him- it's freaking awesome. LOL

So here he is, my custom Battle Gaia Bruticus- tell me what you think, any suggestions, or possibly questions- just shoot. ^_^
    image.jpeg image[1].jpeg image[2].jpeg image[3].jpeg image[4].jpeg image[5].jpeg image[6].jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  2. MastaBlasta

MastaBlasta Knight Industries Two Thousand

Head is a little small, but nice job

3. Pudglor Shmormuff

The Shadow Fisher Upgrade kit actually does come with a larger head, but I decided to use the smaller Fansproject head because I kind of like the old school super robot art where they have a HUGE body, but a little head- it's kinda cool. Like Gaogaigar or Shin Getter Robo, their heads aren't exactly proportional to the rest of their bodies, but it's okay. I was going for something like that.

4. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I like it. I don't have the shadow fisher kit but I'll still copy some of your ideas. I like the guns in the back and how you hid Vortex's cockpit. Fixes one of the few things I don't like about FP.

5. Pudglor Shmormuff

I'm telling you man: The Shadow Fisher Kit might have a bit of an unreasonable price, but it's worth it- because it REALLY bulks him up, and makes him taller- really takes him to a new level- and I'd highly suggest picking it up.

6. Jus09

Jus09 Well-Known Member

You have a lot of duplicate pictures.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CyberDragon10K

CyberDragon10K Predacon Rising

News Credits:
    This. Cut down duplicates and put the pictures into thumbnails. I hate having to hold PG DN to find the next block of text.

8. Pudglor Shmormuff

LOL Yeah, sorry about that- In the past I haven't always been too sharp with the message controls on forums, so learning how to edit and properly construct my posts is still an ongoing process- but I figured it out and fixed it- thanks. ^_^

9. Jus09

Jus09 Well-Known Member

No worries.