My best friend died today.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hiraga, Jul 21, 2010.

1. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Aww, I'm sorry bud. She was a beautiful animal and you did the best, bravest and hardest thing for her.

RIP Molly.

2. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

I too am shedding a few tears right now :cry 

I'm so sorry for your loss, Hiraga. It's so, so sad to see a pet go. Pets in one's family are just as close to them as a parent or a sibling is.

It was for the best to put her down if she was suffering. Fortunately for me my dogs are very small and even my oldest dog at eleven (Turning twelve in September) while is somewhat stiff in his back ankles has no trouble at all walking. For your other pets, do everything you can to extend their lifetime. Buy the right food, exercise them every day, love them and treat them right.

I wish there was a way to make dogs live longer, twelve-fifteen years really isn't long enough.

May Molly rest in peace. Don't worry, before she moved on she knew she was very loved, and she lived a good life with you.

3. MetroBub

MetroBub 49ers Fan

Im not much of a dog person. My mom had one a few years ago when i lived with her. But im sorry for your lose ...

I do like cats though :) 

So im not an evil pet hating person :thumbs2: 

4. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Sorry for your loss man, I know where you are coming from. My old family Dog, Lucky, lived for about 18 years. She's been gone 7 years now but I still miss her and sometimes expect to see her at my Parents house when I go visit.

5. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    I think it's a shame dogs don't usually live as long as cats. I can't believe my orange tabby is like 17 now. I think he has some arthritis himself, he's slowing down in the five years I've had him. Sometimes I'm brushing out his coat or petting him and he turns and bites my brush or hand. How exactly is arthritis diagnosed in pets?

6. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Sorry for your loss. I know how it feels.

You can diagnose arthritis with radiographs.

7. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    So sorry to hear. :( 

I know how it feels to lose a pet.

8. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry about your loss, I to know the feeling. My dog Sonny D (D for Depp) is already 2 years old and it feels like yesterday we drove 3 hours outside of Austin to pick him up.

I know your grieving but if you want or can, check out the local animal shelter and save a life. Your shelter might be getting some of the abandoned gulf animals.

BP Oil Spill: Pets Among the Hidden Victims - ABC News

in the Louisiana region, TONS of dogs/cats/rabbits are being abandoned because their owners can no longer care for them. The sad thing about those shelters is they are not a no kill shelter. These animals only have 3 weeks to find a new home or face death.

My Mother is going to adopt one and if I didn't live in an apartment, i'd get another dog also:banghead: .

9. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Don't have much experience with losing a dog, but nevertheless my condolences to you.

Rest in Peace Molly.

10. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    Oh god :( 

I know how you feel. My golden is around 13 years old and has been getting worse and worse every week.

11. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

My Dad lost his Irish Setter a few years ago and ALMOST lost his new one a few months ago. Back in January Dad and I were packing to go model-flying at our local club and the dog bailed out of the house and went for his "usual run". We couldn't find him for 10 day's and thought we lost him for sure. We had a few very cold -0 degree nights and yet some how he survived. We think he found shelter in some open barns that we have around Black Forest. Eventually he sought refuge at some ladies house who called us and we got him back. Ever since then, our dog lost his "roaming-free" privileges.
    I adore my cat and I hate seeing doors left open and fear of losing her to wild animals that we have out here.
    So, I know how it is to loose pets. My condolences.

12. jetfire prime

jetfire prime Do it now and do it loud

News Credits:
    im so sorry. i hope you get through it ok

13. AutobotIgnition

AutobotIgnition Autobot

I am so sorry for your loss :( 
    I know how you feel. I am very to my 7yr old rabbit. To some it might seem strange, but when you have a relationship like that with your pet, they become a true member of the family.
    I have no idea how or if i'll deal with it when she goes.
    Molly was such a beautiful dog, and sounds like she had a very sweet personality. You clearly cared a great deal for her and gave her the best life she could have asked for.
    I know nothing anyone can say will ease the pain, but try to take comfort in the fact that rather than let her suffer, you gave her relief. That's the very best and kindest thing you could have done for her.

14. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ugh why did i read this. its just like i cant stand watching those aspc commercials, it kills me so bad i have to change the channel.

so sorry man. i have a dog thats 2 right now and 2 cats around the same age. just the thought alone makes me ill if anything was to happen.

a friend of mine as well just lost his friend that was 2 years old. got some algae from a lake it was swimming in and attacked the brain and went into a coma. he took it really hard.

my best you.

15. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    Hiraga... soooo sorry to hear that you lost your pet and friend..lots of us on here understand that our pets are our family and we share your pain...those were beautiful pix of all your dogs but I know your heart is breaking over the loss of Molly. Just keep in mind she's in doggie heaven, pain free and running like the wind..it's a pretty nice visual to keep in mind and hopefully it will ease your heart. Take care.. we are here to listen. :rip :

16. Dran0n

Dran0n junk male

News Credits:
    I'm sorry about your loss. You and your family have my condolences.

17. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    you have my condolences on the loss of your beloved dog.

18. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I'm with you man, and now Jason Alaxander is doing it! Uggggh!
    I hate those commercials..............................

19. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Sorry for your loss. :(  However, it looks like you showed that nice dog a lot of love, and were one heck of an owner! :thumbs2: 
    Golden Retrievers are pretty sweet, at least the ones I've seen.

I wish I had a dog, but that's almost a pipe dream for me.

May God give you strength!

20. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Thanks for all the support you guys. People like you are the reason I come to this site.
    I'm starting to feel better. It's just that we've had Molly for so long, life without her is almost completely different.