My Animated Starscream review.

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by planetjacker, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Ah. He looks alright to me, but I'm not falling in love with him. Also, I'm pretty much moved on to Animated at this point. I think Evac may have been my last movie fig, with the possible exception of Stockade and Premium Bumblebee if they wow me on the shelves.

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Jet mode feels so much more stable now that I managed to decipher the correct transformation. Thanks for the tips, Peaugh.

3. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    No problem!

4. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. panzerjedi

panzerjedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just got this figure today. Some of the joints appear loose, but they're easily fixed with a screwdriver. His left foot however doesn't open as easily as the right foot and thus causes him to lean to the right a bit. Other than those complaints, I really like the overall feel of the toy. He looks like a total badass in both modes.

6. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Yeah, mine is a little tighter opening one foot than the other. But they DO both open all the way, so once I make sure they're both open he stands just fine.

And I agree, he definitely has an awesome presence in both modes.

7. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I'm not to fond of the animated style, but I love that so many figures are coming out with articulated hands, that just rocks.

8. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Well, so far the only ones with truly articulated hands are Starscream and Ratchet, although I guess Bulkhead could count as well.

9. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just got mine today, excellent figure!

10. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Just added my video review of Starscream:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  11. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm, I actually think he's the least good-looking of the animated toys so far (going from pictures along). I love the jet mode, but there's a number of small problems I have with the robot mode that add up to me not really liking it.
    I don't like that his shoulders seem quite low compared to his torso (he's got pretty monkey-like proportioned arms anyway), his biceps don't seem right somehow, and his upper legs look too cluttered (and somewhat miss-shaped). Not a bif fan of his head-sculpt either (I don't have a problem with most of the other animated ones). Oh well, pretty much all the rest look great!

12. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even though reviews of this toy have somehow gotten beaten into the ground months before its retail release, I did up a video review!

Have a look if it strikes your fancy. There are self-depricating subtitles and lots of handwork!

13. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

Okay, thats a pretty good video review. You got a voice suitable for talking to an audience. Plus the subtitles were funny.

Cheers.

14. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I feel pretty much the same way. Starscream is one of my least favorites of the Animated TFs. The clunky , kibbly (though that's nothing new for aircraft TFs) jet mode and the awkward limb design take points off what could've been as good or better than any other in the crowd.

15. ssjautobot

ssjautobot Banned

News Credits:

16. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    What is this guy's durabilty? 1 (bad) to 10(good)

17. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'd say he's rather durable... so an 8 to 10.

18. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Well I finally cracked and took the Animated plunge with this toy today and wile not being impressed with Animated thus far this toy impressed me. Even though I'd had seen and played with it a bit before it wasint until I finally sat down with my own that I started to appreciated more what this line had to offer. Wile I'm still not a fan of the more cartoony look Starscream unlike some of the other Animated figures does pull it off well, and being as well built as he is does help one to overlook the taste in aesthetics.

Solid jet mode, wile it feels a bit small it's still very cool, I like the reverse wing thing too which is a nice change (I know there's probably a more technical term lol). One thing that does impress me with Animated and something Screamer has in spades is a very nifty and unique transformation. Unlike some other TF lines he's actually fun to TF back and forth, there's a simplicity about it thats just really cool. As well as the great balance between mode jet and bot mode as you dont feel like there's anything sticking out and not really any kibble.

Robot mode is most excellent on this toy as well. Highlight has to be that he is extremely poseable and has great playability with just about everything on him having great articulation. What I love about this toy is his stability, you can pretty much stick him in any post and he's always solid with not worries about tipping over or anything. And wile not a direct homage color wise to G1 Starscream the paint job on this toy is very good and suite him perfectly as far as I'm concerned. All I ask is we see a Skywarp repaint in the not to distant future.

My only real complain with this toy is the head. Like Prowl and other Animated figures the Jay Leno chin thing they got going just does not fly with me and is the only flaw in an otherwise perfect toy.

Overall I have to say wile I'm still not a fan of Animated, this toy comes a long way in warming me up to the line. Either way if you love or hate Animated his is a stellar toy regardless and is a must buy for any TF fan. Highly recommended :thumb 

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I hate how people say Jay Leno chin, like they've never seen Jay Leno and are just going off what some other person said. Like seriously, what's so wrong with just calling it a chin? Or a big chin? Jay Leno has a fat round chin, not a long, skinny, cartoony chin.

20. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    yeah, if anything, they have Bruce Campbell chins, but saying the chins are bad would be like saying Bruce Campbell is bad, which is a scientific impossibility, so I guess they have to fall back to Jay Leno.