my 9 year old spots an error in AOE on TV

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MTME, Mar 29, 2015.

1. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well now that AOE has been on TV me and my nine year old are watching it like crazy and he spots something that is a blink and you miss it type thing.
    He says to me there is two men there, there's an extra guy.
    So we slow it down and I'll be damned there is an extra guy in the shot.
    It is towards the end in the big Prime versus Lockdown battle and after Kelsey Grammer gets killed
    Cade run behind a brick wall with a gun then Lockdown fires at the wall he is behind then slow it down frame by frame and there are two guys behind the wall as the wall explodes, I am pretty sure one is the pyrotechnics guy that got caught in the shot but it is the extra guy that gets a face full of debris not Wahlberg for some reason it is pretty funny.

2. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This has been pointed out a few times now. I think it's be said it was a crew member or someone who won a competition? Something along those lines

3. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    It was an error, that dude was likely a crew member, some technician or stunt double or whatever.

It's good your son spotted it. But it's weird that the editors left it in. Maybe they did it as a joke?

4. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    It wasn't an error, I think it was just a worker at the factory who was trapped. It can't be a crew member because if you pause and take a look at him you will see that he is dressed as a technician as QLRformer mentioned above. However there is a mistake with Corsshairs on the bridge, when the bots climb on Lockdown's ship. He talks, but no voice can be heard

5. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Not a lot of effort went in to AoE. It's not surprising that mistakes were left on screen.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP My personal sense of scale

News Credits:
    Yeah. Granted I'm in no hurry to rewatch AOE just to pause, but I seem to remember the last time it was brought up, someone was able to confirm it as just a random bystander.

It's weird that he's only (clearly) visible there of all places.

Tell that to VFX.

There's a difference between a movie that had little effort put into it, and a movie that had effort put into it that just ended up bad because of poor decisions/ineptitude.

Though I don't know which is better.

7. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    So because the VFX was good (ignoring so many recycled material, including a generic bot with 2 Shockwave heads and Battleship props lying about) that automatically makes the writing, directing and editing well thought out and laboriously executed?

8. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    I don't understand some people when they talk of this. Prime and Lockdown were fighting it out at some factory.

The guy could have been a worker, factories or whatever need workers! The guy could have ran away! But no, it's a Bay movie with Kruger and the 4th TF film.

Everything's a mistake.

9. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you have ever shot anything even a student film with out hundreds of hours of filming it's impossible not to have some inconsistencies.

On large scale movies like this there is not way you wouldn't have some problems even with the final product.

10. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True but with these movies being done by what is supposed to be the best people in the industry, the TFs movies are by far one of the worst sets of movies with the most errors. I sometimes think a highschool kid learning the business could do better.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd say the latter because people did put a lot of time, effort and money intro trying to do something good but everyone else kept it from blossoming into something great.

with the former...no one cared thus you shouldn't.

12. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It wasn't a worker of the factory and there was no uniform
    it was to be someone on the movie because first of all he was wearing an ordinary sweatshirt and as Mark Wahlberg is running to the wall there is no one else there no one else in sight and then boom this random other guy is there?
    I think it's a pyro guy I just thought it was funny that the extra guy gets blown in the face with all the debris though

13. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    It's this shot (I put together from crappy phone pics)

[​IMG]

I dunno, I think it was a shot from a previous cut which included more innocent bystanders running around, but then was probably cut because somebody thought lots of innocents getting plastered might be a bit OTT.

14. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    In DotM, the building falling over on to the other building. There was a person on that rooftop in the trailers. He was painted out in the final film.

15. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    What happened was there was actually a handful of bystanders as seen in behind the scenes stuff that were supposed to be present during the final fight. It just so happened that their shots all got cut and that one odd one stayed. Go to 6:00
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uadki0enVyg
    Hahaha. I'm making a short film right now and believe me, there's no way.

16. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

I mean, if you had the very rare, Steven Spielburg of a new generation, then maybe.

Issue there is that there's about a million M. Nights and Uwe Bolls too. So yeah. A highschool kid learning the business could do better...if it was a very specific, incredibly rare, perfect for the scenario kid.

As an example, its like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2OytHzZ72Y

The one Mario that does pretty good is our highschool kid. The other dead Marios are every other kid who tried.

17. Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime Well-Known Member

It's a factory worker. Even his clothes scream factory worker.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
  18. Mister Guy

Mister Guy Well-Known Member

Yeah sure, as if any movie which involves the coordination and work of hundreds of people wouldn't be prone to mistakes, only when the movie is directed by Bay this things happen :rolleyes2 .

Oh, and you know which movie from 2014 had the highest error count so far? Captain America: The Winter Soldier with 54, while Age of Extinction only has half of that with 25.

Or how about the 10 movies with most mistakes, many of them highly regarded:

1 Apocalypse Now - 561
    2 The Birds - 545
    3 The Wizard of Oz - 418
    4 Superman IV: The Quest for Peace - 413
    5 Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl - 385
    6 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - 313
    7 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - 297
    8 The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King - 289
    9 Star Wars - 276
    10 Jaws - 274

And I counted a list of errors from a random Kubrick movie, which was known for his perfectionism: 100 mistakes in Full Metal Jacket.

Nothing of this is the result of lazy work or whatever, is just that conveniently as Ironhide1234 pointed out, as soon as the movie involves Bay, everything is an horrible mistake that only him would allow.

Finally that guy was an extra as some people have said, you can see more of him in some videos, is just that in the movie that was the only take left with him clearly visible.

19. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thanks for that cool to know what happened

20. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Spoken like a person who has never made a movie nor realizes even the greatest films of all time have errors/mistakes.