Murphy: Cullen/Welker For The Movie Is Far From A Done Deal

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Super_Megatron, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Megatron

Darth Megatron Don't tell Lucas!

All-star cast doesn't equal good movie. I think about the steaming pile of poop that Batman and Robin was and get angry. Who ever did the casting for that movie should be hunted for sport. Cullen could be the voice for Prime, it wouldn’t be bad, but I won’t go in to a depression if he doesn’t. I really hope that this movie will feature talents of lesser known voice actors for the Bots and semi- known for the humans. My reasons are because I don’t want the big draw of this movie to be the flavour of the month being the star and the movie revolving around his love interest. Most of the budget should be the development of story and production, not the stars.

2. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Hot damn! Avery Brooks would be awesome. In fact, just get most of the Star Trek cast to do voices. (I'm only semi-joking.)

Alpha Trion- Patrick Stewart
    Optimus Prime- Avery Brooks
    Prowl- Jonathon Frakes
    Grimlock- Michael Dorn
    Perceptor/Wheeljack/Ratchet- Levar Burton or Brent Spiner or Colm Meany
    Arcee- Marina Citris
    Hot Shot- Richard Dean Anderson

Megatron- Leanord Nemoy
    Starscream- John de Lancie
    Soundwave- Rene Auberjonois or Robert Picardo
    Thundercracker- Anthony "A.T." Montgomery
    Cyclonus/Demolisher- Armin Shimmerman
    Scourge- Scott Bakula

BONUS VAs and CHARACTERS
    Wreck-Gar- William Shatner
    Unicron- Patrick Stewart

I used actors from every single series plus Col. Jack O'Neal too! Pretty controversial picks huh? But I think they work in a 'so damn crazy it just might work' kind of way. Of course, these picks would never happen. The cost would be astronomical.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I've been saying that for years, you cheeky monkey you.
    James Earl Jones, or Doug Bradley (Pinhead in Hellraiser).

4. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Desperate for Lawn League packs

News Credits:
    In that case, Queen Latifah, Ben Stiller, and David Cross will probably be in it, too...

5. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

:peoples: 

Hell, the casting might have actually been the least of B&R's problems.

6. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

Hmm... I think Avery Brooks would be a bit softly-spoken for Prime, personally... he gets more commanding when he's annoyed, but his normal tone doesn't quite square with my mental image of a really big robot.

Damn good actor, though.

7. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

If you want to go with Star Trek actors, I think Micheal Dorn would be better for Prime. He's also got voiceacting experience, beyond just a few episodes of Gargoyles.

8. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

:rolleyes: 

And here I thought B&R was a bad movie because of the movie itself

Ah Captain Benjamin Sisko,good choice.And equally good choice IMO would be Keith David.He too has a strong deep voice

For Megs I think Ian McKellen or maybe Kelsey Grammar could pull it off.They both have those deep calculating voices that I feel fits Megatron

9. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Does a big-name actor doing animated movie voice-over work really draw people into the theaters? I can't think of a single instance in which I went to see an animated movie simply because big name actor #1 was doing a voice. Am I alone in this?

10. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Brent Spiner should be Starscream. Think of his nasally voice when Data got that alien library in his head and he started acting out thier mythology. ANd Micheal Dorn would make a great Grimlock.

11. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

No nasally voices for Starscream! I can't take him seriously in Cybertron, because he talks through his nose. He sounds like the voices we always made for characters, when I was a kid. The original Starscream did not talk through his nose. Latta's Screamer was much further back on the pallete, than that. High pitched, does not equal nasally.

I still John Travolta would be a good Starscream. I've seen his take on an inept over reaching lacky. I think it fits Screamer, well.

To answer Magnus Primal's question: No, big name actors doing voices do not draw people in to see movies. Unfortunately, Pixar seems to be the only company that's figured this out.

12. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    heck half of the animated movies i've seen lately i never knew who any of the VAs were

id watch the movie then at the end go "OMG! so THATS who the voice was. i knew id heard it before"

like Valiant, Robots, heck even Chronicles of Narnia [I had NO idea Liam Neeson was the voice of Aslan. I knew the voice sounded familiar but i couldnt for the life of me remember the name :p ] etc etc

13. Spark

Spark General Electric

Pixar's figured out... um... what? Hmm... Both Toy Story movies had Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, and a ton of bit players. Finding Nemo had Ellen DeGeneres and Albert Brooks. The Incredibles would almost be the exception, but the main voices were still provided by stars (Jason Lee, Craig Nelson, Holly Hunter), albeit TV stars. Hell, it had Sam Jackson as a bit part.

The only difference between Pixar and the others is that they don't tout that they have stars for the voices.

14. Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X Well-Known Member

I don't think any of those names aside from Tom Hanks are really drawing people to the movies, at least who they want for Transformers. I think they could bill Frank Welker as Scooby-Doo and it would get more people too watch. :) 

I'm not condemning the movie either way, but I think at least Cullen should be there to help get the casual fan that will recognize the voice and get nostalgic for it. I think its more of a benefit for that reason than it is to get the diehards to watch, who will watch either way no matter what they say now.

15. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Exactly. I always get the feeling that Pixar chooses it's voice talent based on how well that actor can do the character.

16. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    I think Micheal Dorn would make a better Soundwave. Without the vocoder.

Yes, I just said that I wanted Soundwave to not sound like Soundwave. Hang me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.