Multiplayer games and jets

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Matrixbeast, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    I was wondering, should Transformers ever release a new multiplayer game that's either a shooter (First or 3rd person), or a brawler that's someone multiplayer, how would jets be handled?

For example, in FOC, fliers weren't an offensive class, but support. I found that odd. From a gameplay perspective, I understand, as a character class that can swoop in and wreak havoc, then hit the eject button by flying away would be pretty annoying. I just felt it undervalued the potential of flying.

Should a new game be released, should fliers be allowed more offensive options? If so, how would it be counter balanced? How would you incentivize online players to pick grounded options?

2. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    I've been mulling the idea around in my head for something similar regarding a hypothetical Transformers MMO. I was thinking that while a Jet would gain a significant advantage in terms of raw speed, they would need to sacrifice health or resistance to a particular form of damage, effectively making them glass cannons.

3. angelavaughan89

angelavaughan89 Banned

good game

• Like Like x 1
  4. MetalHeroX

MetalHeroX Well-Known Member

The also got a sniper weapon in the burst rifle in FOC. and had a lot of the better kit options in WFC. Granted they had the lowest health pool as a result in both games. Imo they were incredibly balanced in both games. Even in the PvE modes, they weren’t insanely OP like you’d expect them to be.

Transformers as a brawler, Idk would that play like Devastation? If so, jets don’t really work since the levels were designed around cars/t rex alt modes. Even in WFC/FOC, the levels where you play as a flier, are designed around being a flier. So I think it would ultimately come down to that factor for the PvE/ campaign content, and in multiplayer, they just need to be glass cannons to balance them out if they are DPS units. And able to take a few hits if they are support. the vampire ability from WFC was great for this, because it didn’t make you outright invincible, but it def let you eat a few extra hits when you swooped into to heal a team mate.

I think it all comes down to level design and game balancing in the end. Flight as an ability is strong, but not broken.