Mugenbine

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Razerwire, Feb 18, 2007.

1. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

News Credits:
    Can confirm, jsp00k is excellent to work with. Just got Evo Rhinoce and Launchersaurus ordered from him and I'd 100% recommend giving him a look.

Edit: He's done me a solid a few times now so I thought I'd return the favor as best I could. He's got Powerful Tyranno and Speed Eagle and some Gattai stuff right now, so check him out.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. kentan99

kentan99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey I'm selling more Mugenbine, or possibly for trade. Does anybody have a Fangtiger?

3. Judgement prime

Judgement prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What have you got for sale?

4. Deepsea

Deepsea Well-Known Member

I'm interested in what you got.

5. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. despanchito99

despanchito99 Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Only started collecting mugenbines November 2020. Only had a handful then. Then through scouring facebook groups and marketplace I was finally able to complete the Alphabet line. Had to replace SaveGunman with the one from the boxset but I'm pretty satisfied with what I have now.

Ps would it be possible to use these to combine into one giant robot? I've see the pictures but sometimes they're never clear enough for me to follow

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Reaper6

Reaper6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Possible? Absolutely. Advised? Definitely not. I've got most of the line outside of candy toys (everything except promo items) and I don't really play with them very often because they can be very fragile. Be particularly careful with Teiohryu, I've had two of them break in the same spot (lower left leg peg).

8. despanchito99

despanchito99 Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Found these in a bag among my other spare mugenbine parts and I could not for the life of me remember who they belong to. Help would be much appreciated

Attached Files:

9. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

I kinda have a complete Alphabet set, but I'm missing a few of the ToysRUs japan exclusive sets that were released.. I wish they would re-release some of these in some kind of Anniversary set.

10. Reaper6

Ebay:
    I think those were giveaway items. I've got everything except a few special releases and those specific weapon part variants don't come with any figures and were probably just meant to go with whoever you wanted.

• Like Like x 1
  11. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy aka BrickBotGuy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Hey all, been wanting to get into this line for years- is it as crazy expensive as it seems based on listings or am I just not looking in the right places?

Also is there a difference between the 'candy toy' figures and the standard sets or are they compatible?

12. einhazard

News Credits:
    Prices depend on the set and how long you're willing to hunt for something. Ebay can vary wildly, but it's a good place to look. Check out jspook there. His stuff is pretty fairly priced, he combines shipping, and he's just an all-around nice dude. Mandarake is a good website as well but especially right now you're gonna get beat up on shipping. (that's honestly one of the main things that makes it expensive ATM).

The wikipedia page is pretty detailed about different sets, but it's missing the last few sets and the Heroes subline (which mostly sucks anyhow) Machine Robo Mugenbine - Wikipedia

Mugen Gattai, Base, Engine, and Build Gattai are all compatible. The candy toy sets don't really work well with those though (I think the earlier ones were compatible to an extent but the later ones aren't? I've never really tried). That said, they're both great.

• Like Like x 1
  13. schlagwerk

schlagwerk Well-Known Member

Mandarake and patience or a middleman service and Yahoo Auctions Japan were my experience at getting better prices than, say, eBay. But pandemic shipping costs continue to be expensive. At least with Mandarake I usually have a friend to go in with or other items to buy in order to get more bang for my shipping buck.

Candy toy sets aren't compatible with mainline Mugenbine toys because the Candy toys use a basic peg & hole system while the mainline toys use a locking mushroom peg system. Mugenbine sublines are compatible with Machine Robo Rescue, though, if you wanted even more things to collect <_<

• Like Like x 2
  14. Reaper6

Ebay:
    Welcome aboard, but remember to be careful. A lot of these can be kind of fragile so I'd advise avoiding any risky connections.

• Like Like x 2
  15. einhazard

News Credits:
    I've done middleman services a few times, and they work too. I just never found one that was really great and more just used them to plug some holes in my collection I wasn't having luck with through regular venues. Who do you use?

16. schlagwerk

schlagwerk Well-Known Member

It's been 5+ years since I last used a middle man service, so I unfortunately don't know who's good right now. I hear a lot of Buyee & Sendico lately but haven't looked into their fees to see if they're actually good

• Like Like x 1
  17. Deepsea

18. einhazard

News Credits:
    Man it's really hard to tell what's complete since stuff is so spread out. Looks like there's a Fang tiger and Evo Rhino. Maybe a full Kaiser Condor and Victory Leo, too, but mostly assorted parts and near-complete stuff. Oddly, they do have a complete weapon set for the QRS recolors, which would prolly sell fine on its own. (the little gold lion with shurikens for a mane). If you're looking for assorted parts, it's a pretty solid lot, but if you're looking for complete stuff, I bet you could get more bang for your buck elsewhere (though you wouldn't have all the random parts that go with the possibly 4 complete sets)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Deepsea

Thanks! The auction ended, but knowing it didn't have many complete sets in it makes me feel less like I missed anything.

• Like Like x 2
  20. einhazard

News Credits:
    Mandarake Online Shop

So I'm not sure if this is still in stock or not, but Vortex Pirates is a rarer set from what I've seen. This is actually only the 2nd time I've seen it complete and for a price under $200. I did order one for myself yesterday, but it's still showing in stock after it shipped, so if you need this one, go for it.
    It's a great set - like all the other Machine Robo Next sets, it's got 5 different configurations, so it's worth owning multiples. Also for sub-$25, can't be beat. I will say you prolly wanna poke around mandarake and see what else you can bundle with it since they're only doing DHL right now and that's running about $40.

• Like Like x 1