Mugenbine

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Razerwire, Feb 18, 2007.

1. OmniKhaos

OmniKhaos New Old Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    DHL doesn't charge by weight...they charge by box size...which is why I won't order anything from Mandarake until EMS comes back (or they implement another option, like FedEx). I want a bunch of stuff from them, but the DHL shipping charges end up being almost double my order cost.

2. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    Ha, that's weird, the one from this morning was 10000, so you hopefully got a deal. XD

Ah yeah that's right. I doublechecked on their site and while DHL does factor in weight, box size is first and foremost. I remember one time I forgot that and shipped an entire site of GoBusters zords and the shipping was almost as much as the zords. >< Live and learn. Still, the moebine box is also fairly small (not as small as normal mugen saga set, but about that size)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

About $74 total after shipping for the mobines set, not bad at all. Now to see if the evolbines ever appear so.conveniently

• Like Like x 1
  4. einhazard

News Credits:
    Dang that's solid. Are they doing things other than DHL again? That seems SUPER cheap for DHL.

5. OmniKhaos

OmniKhaos New Old Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I just checked and still only DHL for the USA...

6. Reaper6

Reaper6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't know how large the moebine are but really low end DHL is around 18$ so that doesn't seem unfeasible.

7. Pikachu_King

it was 1770 yen for shipping, but the exchange rate made the whole thing $74 according to paypal.

EDIT: There's another 10,000 yen one up now, its unopened. the 6k one I got is open box with unit 1 assembled already (boxes included though so I didn't care.)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  8. einhazard

News Credits:
    Crazy! When I did DHL on mine in 2019, it was 3300 yen. XD Also that set is total sticker hell, so maybe having one pre-done isn't so bad. End result is cool tho. I like that there are a lot of different configurations for the mecha, and that you kinda get a whole arsenal in addition to the robot.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Harryg11

Harryg11 Well-Known Member

Hey!
    Just started getting into the line and won this big mixed lot on yahoo auctions (with some rather yellowed MRR stuff) ive been trying to work out whats actually in it, so far i can see:
    Power Nose
    Over Ligan
    2x Junk Stag
    Iron Beetle
    Impact Dile
    Wing Bat
    Dig Kong
    Arch Tiger
    Yuutenma
    Assault Leon
    Build Giraffe
    Mugen Police
    Mugen Fire
    Kabaya Air Leon, Carry Eagle and Galaxy Rex
    Death Emperor Roid, Turtle and Tiger
    Is there any others in there im not seeing? Thanks in advance!!

i-img1024x767-1617720066yyfg0y409871.jpg

10. einhazard

News Credits:
    Seems like you hit a lot of it. I'll have to take a look when I'm not on my work laptop later. Nice haul!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Harryg11

Thank you! hopefully they are all complete!

12. Deepsea

Deepsea Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

So I won this lot through a proxy for yahoo auctions. I’m excited looks to have Air Leon, Build Giraffe, Carry Eagle, Dig Kong, Evo Rhino, Fang Tiger, Galaxy Rex, Heat Tricera, Iron Beetle, Junk Stag, Kaiser Condor, Kaiser Condor, Launcher Saurus Xenobine, Zord Elephant, Mugen Police, Mugen fire, and some MRR stuff. Do any of you notice any obvious missing parts?

13. einhazard

News Credits:
    List looks right! Nothing else really jumped out at me. There's one of those clear Mugenroids in there, too. Definitely a nice haul of parts. I wonder if they were using them all in one big robot. Looks like you get one Duplo block as well. XD

It's hard to tell with the way that they're stacked. A lot of it looks to be complete, but I'm not sure if i see all of Zord Elephant or Evo Rhino. I see orange peeking out from the center of the pile tho, so they might just be under there.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Harryg11

thsnk you!! ahh nice! id assumed the clear one was Yuutenmas, hard to tell though, looking forward to making good use of that duplo block! hahahaha

15. Pikachu_King

Got an alert this morning for Evolbine Lightning Evolution set, ordered it. Thanks for the heads up on mandarake alerts!

• Like Like x 1
  16. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Mandarake alerts work so well. I love them.

• Like Like x 1
  17. einhazard

News Credits:
    Mandarake alerts have helped me fill out zords, tamagotchis, and mugenbine. You just have to figure out how something MIGHT be spelled first. XD Congrats on the evolbine! I will say, I had a harder time finding Storm than any other set, so hopefully the alerts will have you covered there. They really are fantastic sets. The cool part about Mugen Lightning is that if you ever find extra singles, they're still worth picking up as each turns into a weapon for the gestalt. Man, just looking over the 4 sets.... Evolbine was really Saga at it's best, IMO. No stickers, really interesting designs, so many forms packed into individual figures.... just super good.

ahh yeah you're right. I totally forgot his was clear!

Also, when I was trying to remember which was Mugen Storm and which was Mugen Tornado (I always forget) I was reminded that if you do an image search for evolbine, you get 4 pics of my collection: upload_2021-4-12_15-46-31.png

(I remember taking that pic of Arch Tiger because I like his kinda derpy face)

18. Deepsea

Deepsea Well-Known Member

Thanks! I’m guessing at least some of Evo Rhino is in there, and the only part of Zord Elephant I can’t find is the truck canopy.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Pikachu_King

Super quick Moebine review:

The Moes: meh
    The Bines: Best in the entire candy toy line, holy shit.

Might try and grab pics later, but well worth the investment even if I just put the Moes on my girl shelf and forget they ever were part of the bines.

20. einhazard

News Credits:
    Exactly my thought. I never even put the girls together for my second set. It's definitely the best Gestalt in terms of having an actual figure. The girls are useful to have one set of because you can have them hold all the extra weapons. I still think I like Evolbine more overall just for the amount of different stuff crammed into the sets, but it would have been interesting if they had made more robots with an actual like skeletal core like in Moebine.

• Like Like x 1