Mugenbine

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Razerwire, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Liliwam

Liliwam Member

Ebay:
    I would greatly appriciate that DigitalBrave.
    Thanks
    The wiki page is far from up-to-date

2. Liliwam

Liliwam Member

Ebay:
    Looked at the list DigitalBrave sent me and did some catch up with the newer Machine Robo figures.
    The 2 waves of Candy toys from Machine Robo Duel are bought and the extremely thin backstory is known.

I also was able to get most of the Mugen Heroes figures (except for MH-004) but I am patient collector... :) 
    However, I cannot find a single line of backstory anywhere for these figures.
    Anybody know anything what this was about?

3. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    WAS there a story with Mugen Heroes? If there was, I'd like to know, too! Makes me wish I knew Japanese either way. I still think that Mugen Heroes coulda been cool if they had ditched the card gimmick and just made big chunky sets with small chunk weapon pals. The weapons were definitely the best part.

Also, how do you feel about Duel? It hasn't really grabbed me, but I'm interested to hear opinions from people who actually have it in-hand.

4. Liliwam

Liliwam Member

Ebay:
    Duel is what I expected: Nothing special and small. Stickers for details (that do stick); a few for some and some more for others. The first set I have just finished and second set is in the mail but I can understand why a 3rd series did not materialize. These do not combine anymore and, well, the plastic does feel kinda thin.
    These are not made to fiddle around with like with the Mugen Saga Cross figures.

As for the Mugen Heroes, I really wonder about the backstory. The figures do have that Mugenbine symbol but I don't see any connection... or the cards are supposed to be some sort of Roiders but then these are really oversized.
    Really hope somebody has some more information.

• Like Like x 1
  5. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Hey dudes, does anyone have a complete product list of the Mugen Heroes that used cards for their bodies? Y'know, they came out in Japan a couple years ago. there was a green dragon, and a orange bull, and a purple scorpion, and a red phoenix (a remold of the green dragon), and then there were smaller ones that changed from animal-robot-weapon. I think there were only 8 toys in the line, 4 big and 4 small: Bandai Mugen Heroes - Google Search

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  6. Liliwam

Liliwam Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, it is indeed only 8 figures in total:
    MH-001 Mugen Dragon
    MH-002 Mugen Scorpion
    MH-003 Mugen Bison
    MH-004 Mugen Crimson
    MW-001 Beetle Gun
    MW-002 Rex Drill
    MW-003 Eagle Shot
    MW-004 Cobra Chain

Only the first 4 (the main figures) came with 3D cards
    The MugenWeapons came also with cards but just a 2D card with the robot mode art. The backside is like the other 4 cards.
    What does symbols mean in the left and right upper corner on these cards, I have no idea.

7. netkid

News Credits:
    Thanks Liliwam. I have all 4 MugenWeapons. I didn't care for the larger toys that used those silly unsightly cards. Had they been sculpted plastic sections instead, I'd have bought those 4 figures.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Liliwam

Liliwam Member

Ebay:
    After the main Mugenbine series ended it moved on to the small candy sets.
    I never knew these existed and only since I joined this thread I learned what came after 2004.
    In the meantime I have been able to get a few full sets of the Mugen Saga and Mugen Saga Cross series as well as a few of the originale candy sets.
    Unfortunately, escpecially from these old sets, the stickers do not stick very well anymore, if at all.

Do you guys use some special glue to put these stickers back on?
    Although I do like the redesigned figures better, the originals like Mugen Arthur deserve to look like they should without the peeling stickers.

9. netkid

News Credits:
    You wanna look at art supply stores for spray adhesive or maybe a roll on adhesive so you can make the backs of the paper stickers sticky again. Those stickers can be revived, they just need new adhesive applied to them.

Alternatively, maybe you can contact Reprolabels and have them remake all the candy toy decal sheets as a set to sell. I'm sure other Mugenbine fans would want that if their old stickers are now shot.

10. UPDOG

UPDOG New Member

Anybody selling any of their mugenbine? I know this isn't a sales thread but this thread is the most active place to talk about Mugenbine on the entire internet so I felt like it was worth a shot to ask here. I already have a few and i don't want any of the candy toys, just the regular ones.

11. netkid

News Credits:
    If you're looking for the toys, check Mandarake, EBay, Jauce, and Buyee.

12. Cloudraker

Cloudraker on auto-pilot

I’ll send you a PM.

• Like Like x 1
  13. einhazard

News Credits:
    Not sure if anyone's looking for the Evolbine sets, but mandarake's got some of the harder to find ones for cheap right now.

Mandarake | mugenbain

Even with pricey DHL shipping, it's still a good deal.

14. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

looks like they sold already, damn. I have the red evolbine set and really like it, would be nice to get the others eventually.

15. einhazard

News Credits:
    I've managed to get all my Evolbine off Mandarake, basically. I think if you copy some of the keywords from the add for the blue/black sets and make an alert, it should pop up sooner or later. That's how I ended up getting my Moebine set AND my blue evolbines. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pikachu_King

Totally forgot Moebine, also on my want list. Will get that set up, thanks for the tip.

• Like Like x 1
  17. einhazard

News Credits:
    They get Moebine like... once or twice a year. I actually have 2 sets so I can have 1 just the robots and the other one as characters armored up (I never even put together the other set of creepy anime girls). Moebine's gestalt robot is IMO one of the best Mugenbine sets. If you use the alerts, you'll find stuff! :D 

• Like Like x 1
  18. Judgement prime

Judgement prime Well-Known Member

Looking for paladin Arthur and dark pharaoh. Wanting used, in good condition(don’t care about stickers), contains all original parts, no modifications(no paint, no cut parts, nod modifications of any kind)
    Willing to discuss deal for price. If you got one that fits this description contact me please

19. einhazard

News Credits:
    Mandarake had a moebine set pop up early this morning but the time I was able to post here, it already sold. Advice on that - save an alert for 'moebain' because I get way more hits on that than the US spelling. Nice thing is that since they're kinda light even DHL shipping shouldn't run you that much (looking back mine was 3300 yen, but that was also pre-COVID).

• Like Like x 1
  20. Pikachu_King

I just went and searched and one was up for 6000 yen so I jumped on it, will see if that was a mistake or not.

• Like Like x 1