Mugenbine

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Razerwire, Feb 18, 2007.

1. IczerRyuga

IczerRyuga Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Yeah,that's true but there are some which are in good shape. They seem to be hard to find.

• Like Like x 1
  2. kentan99

kentan99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey if its not too much for you, could you take photos of the combinations on the back of the boxes? If possible I'd love for you to scan and document the instruction manuals as there is no archive for them.

Also yea, there's no market for Mugenbine so its pretty much just open and play value.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kentan99

kentan99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hello! I'm actually putting these guys up for sale

Mugen Police and Quest Knight are $10 each, Mugen Police is missing a piece. Quest Knight is complete
    Victory Leon and Mugen Builder are $20 each. They are both complete.

PM me if interested and we can work out a better price if you take more.
    20200907_213909.jpg 20200907_214556.jpg
    20200907_215352.jpg 20200907_213809.jpg 20200907_215055.jpg
    20200907_215608.jpg 20200907_213836.jpg 20200908_004503.jpg 20200907_220159.jpg
    20200908_004003.jpg 20200908_004734.jpg 20200908_004451.jpg

4. Jason Levesque

Jason Levesque New Member

Thanks for the suggestions, I would love to list them separately but I do not have enough boxes for all the letters... hard enough splitting up the candy toys! With google translate it looks like I've got... 2x Mugen Sea Holy Beast, 2x Holy Beast, 2x 5 gods beast, 2x fighting god beast and 2x mugen sword holy beast. I know those aren't the proper English names, once I break down the cases I'll match them up with the proper names on the machine robo wiki...

5. Reaper6

Reaper6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    and now, not counting what I bought from Kentan, I have just bought 250$ worth of Mugenbine. Guess that's me catching up for a dry year.

• Like Like x 1
  6. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    Ended up grabbing the ABG Candy Toys off ya. Thanks! Good luck moving the rest. :) 

Man that was me in my first year. Mandarake's had some good stuff up lately, especially the Evolbine sets, which aren't usually cheap or available (and also probably some of my favorites in the candy toys).

I keep waffling back and forth on Machine Robo Duel, but man, they're just so overpriced when I see them, and they seem even simpler than the gashapon weapon mugenbines.

7. Reaper6

Ebay:
    Personally I'm steering away from the Candy Toys, for a variety of reasons, and I'm trying to focus on the DX stuff. Ideally I'd like to complete the line and then grab a few recolors here and there but for now I'm focused on the alphabet. From memory, with what I just got, the only Alphabet releases I'm missing are Powernose, Overligan, and Machptera, and the only base that I still need is Mugen Hercules. I'm also only 2 sets away from having the entire build series, but the only ones I'm missing are Dark Flame Dragon and Tri Wolf(who I'm not sure I even want to bother with). I don't know yet if I'm going to try for the engines and the figures that combine with them, since those sets seem rather lackluster.

8. einhazard

News Credits:
    Candy toys are definitely not everyone's bag. I like 'em because it's super easy to customize them the way you want. The decals can be a dice role though. Also some of the sub-lines (Evolbine and Machine Robo NEXT) are really cool.

There's a TriWolf up right now on ebay for a good price and I've seen Hercules up off and on there lately. I lucked out and got Powernose and Overligan pretty early on off Ebay. I had to do some digging for Machptera (I think I ended up getting him off Yahoo Japan?). Dark Flame Dragon pops up off and on but he's not usually very cheap. The engine guys are definitely varied. Saga Falcon and Guard Kong kinda such, but Arch Tiger is cool (and works well with the weapon guys) and Turbo Animal Force is really nuts and has a great combined vehicle mode.

9. Reaper6

Ebay:
    I noticed that Tri Wolf, but I was more focused on getting the build figures I wanted rather than the ones I felt I needed. I think I'm going to stick with getting Powernose, Overligan, Machptera, Mugen Hercules, and Dark Flame Dragon as my priorities, and then once I have them I'll decide whether or not I want to be done collecting Mugenbine. I will probably also grab that Try Wolf if it's still available by my next paycheck, just to complete the build set. The engines are rather meh in my opinion. I have Guard Kong, because he's always available, and I find that none of his bits are really good for building outside of his legs. The engines themselves are just really heavy and their wheels make them impractical to work with. TAF in particular though is pretty hard to find and I've seen it get pretty expensive for a set that doesn't seem very good for building. Archtiger looks good as a solo piece, so maybe I'll grab one once I've finished the core of my collection. Saga Falcon, to me, feels like it's missing something whenever I see it. Like it was supposed to do something else that got budgeted out.

10. Reaper6

Ebay:
    Anybody have pictures of Police Body Double? The only pics I can find are the ones that are on the boxes.

11. einhazard

News Credits:
    This is exactly it. It feels like there should be some bigger combined mode and there just isn't.

12. Reaper6

Ebay:
    So the seller I bought all those Mugenbine from offered me a discount on another set I wanted because I bought so much... so I now have Trywolf and the Beetle Repaints coming in as well... and I mean I've wanted those beetles for years... but man am I way too impulsive. I think I've spent so much on Mugenbine this month, when I was supposed to be saving money for a big order in December, that I might end up skipping a lot of mainline figures I'd intended to get. Probably for the best anyway, shelf space is getting pretty hard to come by.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OmniKhaos

OmniKhaos New Old Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I have an extra Dark Flame Dragon, if you are still looking. I am keeping the other 2 or 3 of him that I have though :D 
    I also have the entire rest of the series if you are looking for anything in particular...The TRU recolored sets of ABC and QRS, all of them (no silver or gold lucky draws)

14. Reaper6

Ebay:
    So I went on Mandarake, looking for more Mugenbine, and I remembered that someone mentioned using the japanese version of the word from wikipedia to get more results. Did that, got some more results, nothing I wanted (for the price+shipping anyway) and I clicked on one of the items. One of the search tags it had seemed odd, like a weird mistranslation, so I clicked it. And got a few more listings. And also a Mach Ptera for 500 yen. Now it's just Powernose and Overligan and my alphabet set is complete.

• Like Like x 1
  15. einhazard

News Credits:
    That's basically how you use mandarake. Start with 'mugenbain' and 'bandai mugen' and go from there. XD

16. Liliwam

Liliwam Member

Ebay:
    Here I am...
    New the forum and although I have been reading through a lot, I never felt the need to 'jump in'.
    Unfortunately as you all know the story of Machine Robo Mugenbine is scattered and rather scarce.

Back in the day I bought several sets from the Mugenbine series and ended with the first set of candy releases and I hadn’t looked at any of them since.
    About 2 weeks ago I bought a box full of figures from another Transformers collector and it triggered my wish ‘to get them all’. You know the feeling?

I noticed that Machine Robo Mugenbine candy stopped at a certain point.
    But later was followed up with Machine Robo Next and Machine Robo Duel but unfortunately I cannot find any information concerning these series and how or if the connect to the Mugenbine series.
    Does anybody have a little more information on these?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  17. DigitalBrave3

DigitalBrave3 Furry Fluff

I have a huge list of every Machine Robo toy ever made (at least, up until mid-2020, I haven't updated it in forever) I can send you.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Judgement prime

Judgement prime Well-Known Member

Do you have the mugenbine candy?

19. DigitalBrave3

DigitalBrave3 Furry Fluff

Yes. I don't know how me saying "every Machine Robo toy ever made" made you think the Mugenbine candy toy sets could even possibly be missing from the list.

20. Judgement prime

Judgement prime Well-Known Member

The candy ones are the ones I’m after. Private message me a list of them and price