Mugenbine

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Razerwire, Feb 18, 2007.

1. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    Wow, for $180 that's a SUPER good haul! Congrats! What's the guy in the back left? He doesn't look like any mugenbine I've seen before.

Yeah, I was trying to gather them up at one point, but I'm not good at sticking w/projects. If there's any specific you're looking for tho, I can see if I have 'em

2. kentan99

kentan99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its a Gear Gian, not sure about it but it has the same connectors, some short lived Bandai toyline

I'd like to see any instructions you have tbh. Im very interested in the combos

• Like Like x 1
  3. DrakkenZero

DrakkenZero Might Gaine... might not.

Ebay:
    That's one of the reasons I've been trying to gather scans and create documentation online. As these circulate, more and more will be unboxed and lose all their inserts and stuff, so the more pictures we can get of complete sets, inserts, pack-ins, original boxes, etc... the more history we're able to salvage for future generations.

4. DrakkenZero

Ebay:
    Damn, $180 is really good. Where did you get it from? I've been hawking ebay for months and haven't seen anything good pop except the occasional candy figures, so I am majorly jealous. I also am building a collection of... for lack of a better term... "spare bits", so if you ARE missing any pieces, let me know what and I'll see if I've got it. Also if you're interested in selling any of your leftovers, I can add them to my catalog.

5. DrakkenZero

Ebay:
    Some search tricks I have learned from ebay hunting these during quarantine:
    • Search for things like Mugenbine, Mugenbain, Mugen Bandai, Mugen Gattai, as well as individual names.
    • If you're looking for Candy Toys, "Mugenbain" seems to have a lot more of those than the others.
    • Set up alerts in ebay so it tells you when things are available
    • Make sure you're searching in ALL most of the time, because a lot of the figures are not listed under Toy for some reason
    • Make sure you are searching Descriptions in ebay as well
    • Don't just search by lowest price, also filter by Newest (in case something really cool comes up)
    Seriously, though, manipulating the search functions is key. Right now, in ebay, searching "Mugenbine" in Toys and Hobbies brings up 34 results. Kicking the category up to All brings it up to 46 results. Including descriptions brings you up to 50. "Mugenbain", following the same process, goes from 4 to 12 to 22 results. It's all about knowing where/how to look.

• Like Like x 1
  6. einhazard

News Credits:
    That's the tough one because I think a lot of the combos on the boxes don't even have official instructions to go with them.

7. DrakkenZero

Ebay:
    Pretzel ones are the best, if you ask me. Pizza is good, but the buffalo blue cheese combos... to die for.

Oh, you mean mugenbine combinations.

Riiiight. New that.

So I don't have instructions, per se, but I do have some high detail scans from the Wedge book that show the "official" combined forms, will that help?

MR-WedgeChapterThree 13 copy.jpeg MR-WedgeChapterThree 14 copy.jpeg MR-WedgeChapterThree 15 copy.jpeg MR-WedgeChapterThree 16 copy.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  8. einhazard

News Credits:
    Oh the book I have has some of those! Man, I really need to stop remembering this stuff at 1am. >< A lot of it is still 'look at the pic and figure it out', but since everything is color-coded, it's easier than you'd think. I've done all the combos on page 1 in the past.

9. einhazard

News Credits:
    waseaterry on eBay

heads up, this guy looks like he's offloading a ton of mugenbine stuff if you're trying to patch some holes in your collection.

10. Judgement prime

Judgement prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanks for notification but I’m looking for mugenbine candy

11. einhazard

News Credits:
    Wasn't specifically talking to you.

Also there's a bunch of candy toy stuff on ebay and mandarake right now if that's what you're looking for.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  12. Jason Levesque

Jason Levesque New Member

Hi! long-time listener, first-time caller. I've used this thread quite a bit over the years when looking for Machine Robo (if you've posted it on ebay, I've probably bid on it) So, thanks! I purchased a lot of Mugenbine intending to open, never did, now I'm paring down my collection to just MRR and was hoping for some opinions on how to do it.

IMG_7044.jpeg IMG_7045.jpeg IMG_7046.jpeg IMG_7048.jpeg IMG_7049.jpeg

I figure I can sell most of the regular ones as lots (the numbers, the letters) - my main question is about the candy toy gashapon. 2 of the outer boxes are open, so I can, if that's better, split the 12 interior boxes into two complete figures and sell them that way. For the 3 unopened boxes, I really hate to open them and split them but it seems like there's no market for the unopened boxes. Any opinions?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Mugenlazlo

Mugenlazlo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll take the Powerful Tyranno. How much? Are they free?

14. Jason Levesque

Jason Levesque New Member

Hi, no, not free, I was going to put them up on eBay. I was just looking for opinions on whether or not to split them up or sell as lots...

• Like Like x 2
  15. einhazard

News Credits:
    It seems like people are usually looking to fill in holes in their collections rather than buy an entire collection at once. I'd say you'd probably have good luck splitting up the letters and numbers. With the candy toy stuff, I would put them up in sets but not split the sets or do it as one big lot. I could be wrong. Maybe there's someone waiting for everything to go up at once, but it seems since I came here that people are usually midway through a collection and need to find this letter or that candy set. Or maybe just see if that judgement prime guy wants the whole shebang. XD

[​IMG]

I haven't actually really run into these on ebay or mandarake. I think they're not RARE, but they definitely don't pop up a lot. Might be worth seeing what you can find for these historically on ebay.

16. IczerRyuga

IczerRyuga Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Welcome aboard,Jason.

Speaking of which,check out this. Someone's got the Machine Robo Rescue Variations:

• Like Like x 2
  17. OmniKhaos

OmniKhaos New Old Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    What are the Candy Toy sets that you have pictured there?

18. einhazard

News Credits:
    Dang, I wasn't really interested in MRR before, but those are pretty neat.

• Like Like x 1
  19. IczerRyuga

IczerRyuga Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Fun fact: This was Mugenbine's origins. Machine Robo Rescue started the whole mix and match craze which was even advertised in the toy commercials.

20. einhazard

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, I knew about that since they're featured on a lot of the earlier Mugenbine box art, but they always just seemed really basic compared to the more modular nature of mugenbine. The other thing that's kept me away is that usually when I find 'em OL they're in pretty rough shape. XD