MTV Michael Bay Interview - DOTM Secrets Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Three decent movies my ass. The fiirst was okay, and he did us a service by finally doing us a live action one. That does NOT excuse how bad the second was. And the 3rd one isn't even DONE and you're already calling it decent? So what are we gonna bitch about after this? Well, if the next one's total s***... I guess we'll bitch about IT.

2. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think I'd rather get the figures that I think look cool and would fit into my collection before I see the film. The film has a bad habit of tainting my view of characters so better to get them before something not cool happens to them in the film and the luster of the figure is gone.

I was kind of tempted by the Ravage design before Revenge of the Fallen but after seeing what happens with him in the film I never want to see the design again. In a way I almost want to buy the Shockwave figure and then not watch the film so noting lame can ever happen to taint my view of a nice toy design.

Part 3 is tricky number with films. Sometimes three gets you something like Indiana Jones 3 or Lord of the Rings 3, other times it gets you Spiderman 3, X-Men 3, Terminator 3, or Jurassic Park 3.

3. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    I'm drowning in subjectivity!

4. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Writer's strike will never be a valid excuse for man-ass and all the other lowest common demoninator garbage.

5. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    I do plan on getting Shockwave, and Sentinel Prime's starting to grow on me.

6. Ash from Carolina

Should be interesting to see what the rest of the figures look like since we haven't seen all of the characters yet.

7. WeX_nFx

WeX_nFx ArtDesign TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I hate movie bumblebee so much now.....its just bad...no mouth, no talking, no human connection having ass $%^&#$*@#$^%*!!!!!!!!!! Look at me im taller than Jazz, ohhhhh snap jazz is dead looks like im the shortest now ohhhh wait here comes the triplets ohhhhhhhhhhhh and there they go! In summary bumblebee is not supposed to be cool, he is the underdog....root for him cause he is going to get his butt kicked.....He's not BRAWN.....bay.

8. JetsAndHeels

JetsAndHeels Banned

Or Superman 3. :puke2: 

9. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...huh? Ravage was AWESOME in RotF. He had a whole scene of breaking into the most secure military base on the planet. He also had the highest body count of probably any Decepticon.

10. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

I think that award goes to Blackout. He wrecked that base.

11. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

On the other hand...Death Wish 3, Karate Kid 3..b-movie epics.

12. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

I like this though. I'm glad he's giving the series closure because I would rather not have another random cliffhanger that never gets answered.

13. Ash from Carolina

Every time I'm able to forget about that film someone just has to bring it up.

14. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    I love you.

15. siksky1

siksky1 A boot ur mum

Ebay:
    well....I liked them enough to buy both movies and some movie figs.....I dont hate Bay....my son loves the movies and he will be the next (fan generation) so if anything at least the TF franchise can continue and not die out....

16. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay, first I'm gonna agree to one thing. Condemning a movie before it's even done is kinda silly, I don't care who does it. But something a LOT of you need to accept is that some of us may actually dislike a movie because it's *GASP!!!* not very good. And it seems to me that a VAST NUMBER of people tend to come up with any way they can to excuse a movie from that category. Contribution to pop culture my ass. If it's not good when it comes out, it's not good when it comes out. If it is, it is.

17. infinite_808

infinite_808 Awesome

Loved the first one, liked the second one (was not a big fan of the Twins, though...). This last one, judginf by the SB spot, should be absolutely EPIC.

18. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    The fact that some people fail to realise that Transformers has the potential to be something far greater than anything Michael Bay could conceive, demonstrates a profound lack of imagination.

These could be a hell of a lot more than giant robots, crude jokes and 'splosions. And that doesn't mean they'd stop being fun either.

I don't think a reboot will automatically be better, but here's why I think they should reboot:

1) The Bay movies jumped the shark straight off. Even if you actually thought TF1 was alright, ROTF clearly jumped the shark about as much as it is possible to do so. You can't build a franchise on such a shoddy foundation.

2) If it's going to be a good movie, it's going to need a talented director with a solid reputation. No director worth their salt will want to touch Bay's leftovers. If they want to get someone good, they're going to have to offer them a clean break.

Thank you.

I think it's pretty reasonable to assume, based on Bay's track record, that this will not be a great movie. I don't think it'll be as bad as ROTF... (they'd have to try really hard to make another film that bad). It might even be a 'good' movie by Bay's standards, but that's a pretty low standard.

This is not 'condemning the film before seeing it', it is merely having informed expectations. The film will be judged on its own merits when the time comes.

19. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    It kinda funny how the people that don't like these movies talk about them as much,if not more, than the people who do. lol I'm cool with people rightfully criticizing them, but going on for years seems to be a lil much. In that way it seems bay kinda wins cause he's made you talk about his movie so much lol

Could transformers be way "better" than the bay films? definitely, yes.
    Could transformers be way "worse" than the bay films? definitely, yes. Transmorphers comes to mind.lol

It just comes down to opinion. I don't think its cool for people to criticize those that like the films, saying their uneducated or don't have taste. I enjoy wathcing transofrmers(atleast the first one). I can also enjoy "good movies" like the shawshank redemption, citizen kane and what not...

I also don't don't think its cool for people to criticize those that don't like the movies. Sometimes a movie just isn't a person's cup of tea. Maybe they would have liked to see transformers go in a different direction. They're not wrong for wanting that. Its very unlikely that we'll get a film that all fans are gonna enjoy. people just need to realize that some people are gonna like 'em and some people aren't. There is no need to crticize each party for doing so.

20. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'm glad I'm not the only person who has noticed this.