MTMTE Nominated for Comic's Alliance Best of 2016 Reader's Vote

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Veritas Prime, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Veritas Prime

Veritas Prime You're Not Alone

News Credits:
    Comics Alliance's Best Of 2016: Readers' Vote, Part One

We live in a great time to be a comics fan. The industry is taking slow but welcome steps to embrace diversity; accessibility to comics has never been better; the range of comics on offer is as exciting as it’s ever been; and a new generation of creators is stepping up to share their voices.

While 2016 was a tough year in many regards, it’s produced some amazing comics, from Victorian erotic horror to queer teen detectives to weird new spins on nostalgic favorites. But what were the very best comics of 2016?

That’s a question that we want you, the readers, to answer. We’ve put together a series of polls to determine the best comics in some of the industry’s most popular genres, including science fiction, horror, crime, comedy, and superheroes, as well as the best comics aimed at kids and teens.

The writers and editors at ComicsAlliance have compiled their shortlists from all the year’s most exciting releases, across all publishers and platforms. Now it’s up to you to pick out the best of the best.

These polls close midnight EST on Friday 16 December, and we’ll share the results next week. Be sure to check back in with us on Wednesday for the second round of polls, covering the best talent in the industry, including “outstanding writer”, “outstanding artist”, and “outstanding cartoonist”.

• Like Like x 2
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    My vote is cast!

3. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Done voting. Sadly in the other categories none of my other reads is featured. Especially Elf Quest in Fantasy I would love. I have been reading this since before I could read basically (well, at first I just looked at the pictures *g*)

4. MastaBlasta

MastaBlasta Knight Industries Two Thousand

So.... lets see how people are going to recat to this....

5. kyPRIME

kyPRIME Banned

YouTube (Legacy):
    voted for Paper Girls

6. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never even heard of the other comics in that category.

7. AlienRadio

AlienRadio Avatar of Entropy

I can't believe elfquest is still going, but Warp was probably one of the key publishers bridging the collapse of newsstand distribution, and a new direct market model, that provided an outlet for non superhero small press books.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I dunno if I'll vote for this.

I wasn't that impressed with most of Roberts work this year outside of a few issues.