Mtmte #56

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Starscream Gaga, Aug 17, 2016.

1. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot What does God need with a starship?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    :lolol 

2. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Keep in mind Megatron's solution to the problem was literally "Kill them all," as one of his first acts was the assassination of the senate. While Optimus and the others, as it was said, disagreed with the senate and the current Prime, but wanted a transference of power from one leadership(Sentinel/Zeta/Senate) to another (Optimus). The Autobots weren't ready to stoop to violence to solve the current political problem, and it was soon clear that the Decepticons were going to run a dictatorship when they went beyond revolution to conquest. It was really a matter of the Autobots not ready for conquest or murder, and were still ready to uphold the belief that freedom was everyone's right, which the Decepticons would have impugned beginning with their conquest of the galaxy.

You're absolutely right about how the Decepticons react to Prime taking over, though. I think Soundwave made a point of this in ex-RID. Whereas the Decepticons still generally think of Optimus as the next Sentinel or Zeta, despite in actuality sporting the opposite ideals.

3. Stryker055

Stryker055 Embrace your contradictions

When I read that, the idea tugged at my mind that they're somehow the same person, with Pious Maximus last seen in the hands of the Institute. However, we know Pious Maximus played some role in the battle of Clemency during the war, so that's proooooobably not a possibility.

Still, though, we have the House of Ambus and the House of Magnus, so for Fortress and Pious to be connected under a House of Maximus isn't outside the realm of possibility (though considering Pious was pre-war and Fortress was war-born, that would raise questions on the nature of these Houses).

4. nim

nim Member

overlord kindapped trepan to remove the killswitch in his mind. shockwave talks about implanting the killswitch in preparation for the phase sixer ununtrium-coating process. chromedome mentions that overlord underwent this process three million years ago. ergo, overlord's attack on the institute happened roughly three million years ago at the earliest.

i'm not sure the timeframe for zeta's leadership was ever established, but i'd always assumed it was early early war and didn't last long at all compared to the rest of it. but who knows? recent events have given us "sentinel prime the devout autobot" when iirc the autobots were established AFTER his (failed) assassination

5. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

The "decepticons were right in the begining" looses credibility when you rember as soon as zeta hit the ground he tried to murder orion "freedom for all" pax

He could jave easily worked with pax but he wanted total control

Peace through tyrany rember

6. YakMaster003

YakMaster003 I gave him my face...

Hah! +1

7. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    We really need a Rise of Zeta comic.

8. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Something is Going On with Fortress Maximus.

At least it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility that either him or Cerebros or both are Titan Masters, probably without knowing it.

Can I just say that this kind of thing is why I love John Barber? Tying in the Blackrock mystery and Sentinel's previous IDW history into this toyline-established conceit has me kinda spellbound. It just rips open the whole Institute thing, the Cybertronian "families", etc and I really want to see where everything settles.

"A small number of tiny robots is secretly trying to rule Cybertron for millions of years" is one of the few cross-timeline retcons that actually makes sense in the fabric of the universe, and is a cracking story to boot.

9. DanC

DanC Delightful person

News Credits:
    Side note: a point is made of calling back to when Red Alert pulled his own head off. Given the end of the issue,
    it's possible we'll be finding out that Red Alert's head has not been his original one for some time.

Meanwhile, his alt-mode (which I don't think we've seen post-Chaos?) looks not unlike TR Chromedome with a lightbar glued to the top. Anyone know if there's a toy rumored?

10. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    I'm not sure that's the case. I think it's just a matter of him being shadowplayed since he appeared with the needle-pricks on his neck way back in S1.

11. Dramatic Spoon

Dramatic Spoon Well-Known Member

Are we saying that Sentinel is Hitler's Brain from Savage Dragon?

That brings up the question:

If that's true, how did they not notice anything off about Red's head during the Shadowplay arc?

12. God Ginrai

God Ginrai Energon Enthusiast

Outrigger was probably my favorite part of this whole issue. I sure hope he sticks around and doesn't die, because I'd love to see more of him.

And given what we all know is gonna happen (Fort Max and Cerebros merge with a titan to make a big G1 citybot Fort Max) I hope that that actually sticks around post-crossover. Imagine Fort Max, Cerebros, and Red Alert joining up with Rodimus and co. and continuing the quest for the Knights of Cybertron aboard the Battleship Maximus.

13. hardlurk

hardlurk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sentinel would be more interesting if he wrecked the current government by exposing Starscream and Chromia's misdeeds and Windblade's complicity in covering them up. After that his hatred of the current setup and his anti-colonist sentiments might actually have some popular support. He could promise that a return to the functionist caste system (but, uh, this time around it could be a little nicer to the miners) would restore Cybertron to it's pre-war glory.

14. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    Loved being in Red Alert's head. Inner monologue is where Roberts'character work really shines. The meta analysis of comic dialogue bubbles, I could have done without, but at least it was subtle.

Issue was fine. Agree that Prowl seemed off.

But man, Sentinel Prime, as he's been reintroduced so far, comes across like such an infantile two dimensional antagonist.

I hope they find a way to inject this story with some more nuance and depth, otherwise, I'll be rolling my eyes throughout this "event."

15. Purple Heart

Purple Heart I just want to enjoy the things I love in peace

News Credits:
    That would be AWESOME!
    That would also be awesome, but not to the same degree.

16. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Naturally I'd agree, but when at least two people in this thread alone actually believe what Sentinel is doing is right, he suddenly comes off as a lot more believable. At least he feels somewhat subtle-er under Roberts' pen than Barber's so far. To me, anyway.

17. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

Subtle?

He was flat out ranting about hating people who are different then him in mtmte.

subeltey is long passed

18. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think some of the posters here are conflating two points of view with each other (neither of which I hold btw...just pointing them out):

a) That one agrees with Sentinel's views as applied to the human race
    b) That one agrees with Sentinel on a *meta* level, that we get enough of the unjustness, racism, overbearing bigotry in the real world and are using Transformers as an escape from that.

I think there are a couple of posters who hold b) but are getting accused of a). They are two very different things. It's not wrong to hold b)...it's just an opinion and a taste in storytelling.

19. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    COMPARED to Barber. Or whoever wrote him in his last appearance.

20. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    That would be awesome