MTMTE #55 iBooks preview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sockie, Jul 19, 2016.

1. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

I think I remember that #55 was gonna have more pages to wrap things up? If that's true then hopefully we get more of what's to come.

2. thingymcjig

thingymcjig Well-Known Member

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...variant-cover-solicit.html?highlight=MTMTE+55

Sadly, the solicitation says that it's going to have 32 pages, which means that the main story will have 20 pages and front and back, will count as 2 pages, and the cast and recap page will count as pages. They'll be ads at the end of the story, most likely for IDW Revolution.

3. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    Have to wonder if that Rodimus Star is there to cover up a missing forcefield emitter.

Um, hmm.....

Attached Files:

4. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    You mean like being stuck in it with a member of the DJD who proceeds to tear him apart?

5. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    What are the odds that they could be decedent's to Inhumaniods?

6. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

He was surrounded. Either have Vos and Kaon both kill him, or suffer at Kaon's hands. He had no other option, and wasn't much of a fighter, and being weakened didn't help. Perhaps an early deactivation fuction was overlooked by Brainstorm? Megatron is a skilled combatant who has fought creatures and characters MUCH bigger than him through sheer strength, skill, and the willpower to keep fighting for what he believed. as of #54
    He's currently repaired to near full health with the exception of his gun, he has fought Overlord before and won, and witnessed Tarn's fighting skills as he was taking hits and fighting Overlord. He can win, and past experiences are proof of that.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Dramatic Spoon

Dramatic Spoon Well-Known Member

It's not a matter of can Megatron win, It's more a matter of what will happen if he does.

8. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    Aside from the fact that he actually had no option period, I'm sure that he would have at least tried something if he had any control over his panic bubbles rather than just sitting there resigned to his fate; he could have turned it off and tried to put up a new one (as his panic bubbles didn't seem to depend on how much energy he had) that Kaon and Vos couldn't get to him in.

9. MelficeCyrum

MelficeCyrum Well-Known Member

Well, 20 bucks says the bubble's time limit is juuuuust long enough for Deathy to snap and go after Tarn and Overlord, which will give Megatron a chance to escape/reposition.

Also I am so glad about Getaway. I knew he couldn't be a complete jerk.

Interesting that the Galactic Council is actually upset at the Lost Light doing 'good' things. Hmmmmmmm...

10. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Yeah, it saves all the good Autobots in my view a bit, that they are not total assholes. Knowing they only wanted Megatron given to the GC is a totally different light of things.

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm To Infinity - and Your Mom TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, that was a "CHOOM CHOOM" resolution I didn't see coming.

12. BadBadNotThisd

BadBadNotThisd Member

Well that was before the Warrior elite process which made him almost invulnerable. Who knows though? Prime did kinda beat up Sixshot. However Black Shadow beat up a shit ton of people at once, including Prime and Magnus. Megatron also required an activation code to stop him. Maybe he could now, it's up to Robert's sense of strength which we know can change quite a bit or at least be hard to read.

13. Mort

Mort Apostate

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I've now had to skip a good deal of posts in this thread because I can't be asked with spoiler tags on my phone. Why are we using them again?

14. MTMTEam Builder

MTMTEam Builder Well-Known Member

He obviously knew at least about Overlord because that's who the GC sent out to deal with Megs.

15. BadBadNotThisd

BadBadNotThisd Member

No idea. The name of thread alone should be enough of a warning.

16. Incendor

Incendor I'm afraid we have to use math

-Somehow I have a terrible feeling Nightbeat and Rung are just gonna... Disappear. Like Wheelie and Garnak in Dark Cybertron.

17. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    I seriously doubt that. You've got Nightbeat(master detective obsessed with solving Cybertron's three big mysteries and seen observing a hologram of Rung's alt mode) traveling with Rung(easily forgettable historical constant with a mysterious alt mode) investigating a mysterious hollow planet. On top of that they're being written by Roberts, who doesn't leave loose threads hanging about.

They'll probably pop up next issue or be set up for season three.

And, because I haven't used it enough, MYSTERIOUS.

18. grindcore138

grindcore138 Strong children! Childlike fish! Seaconsuuu!!!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Them's some spicy revelations!
    I've been wondering when the Galactic Council were going to show up again. I'm surprised that they were actually willing to let the Lost Light go about doing their thing after their encounter in the Annual as well, it kinda sounded like they were gonna be out for blood. This throws up yet another interesting way that Season 3 could go.
    Maybe the blue bauble is a new kind of GeoBomb, something that's specifically designed to work against Cybertronians? Perhaps even the thing they used to destroy Nickel's colony?
    I suppose this is a very minor absolution of Getaway stranding them on Necroworld. I went back and read his scheme-reveal in #50 and there's no specific mention by either Rodimus or Getaway of who they were attacked by/need to cooperate with. Getaway thinks Rodimus is talking about the GC, Rodimus thinks Getaway is talking about the D.J.D. Perhaps at the end of everything he was going to send a shuttle for Team Rodimus to take back to Cybertron?

I hope Deathsaurus makes it out of here alive, I really like the idea of Team Roditron and Deathsaurus and his crew teaming up to chase down the Lost Light/face off against the Galactic Council(?!)

Oh my goodness, I'm excited!

19. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Gunpla and Cow Master

I saw Nick's subscription cover on twitter yesterday:
    [​IMG]
    Sorrowful, Megatron raising his arms to the sky, standing in a field of flowers with a few of them flying away from his hands.

it's almost like a perfect book end opposite to his cover to issue #29 earlier this season:
    [​IMG]
    Smiling, hands chained to his waist while standing in a field of skulls.

20. Tristich

Tristich Planeteer

Attack of Conscience ex machina.