Mtmte #52

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Starscream Gaga, Apr 26, 2016.

1. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

I really hope that Megatron doesn't bite it. I really want him to do something really cool. What if during the DJD's raid Megatron gets the Fool's Energon drained from his body and dons his Stealth Bomber armor when he fought the Heart of Darkness from the Chaos Event. He had it hidden on the Lost Light and he uses the portals in his chest to retrieve it.

2. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

Yes, he's replaceable to Hasbro and IDW if he refuses to do as they ask. Even if he's not replaceable in our hearts.

And the furniture analogy isn't really landing. Please move onto a better one if you want to continue this.

3. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    I doubt we'll see that armor again. It was a 'new body' that he had scrapped during his return in the other on-going comic, but I think you touched a subject that hasn't been addressed since Whirl shoved his claw through Megatron's chest.

Megatron's a living network of spacebridge portals that can go anywhere. Imagine if
    Ratchet cuts an everyone-sized hole in his body, non-fatal enough, that he can slip into that transport pod, teleport to the nearest sector, and everyone piles out like a clown car
    but that would be too easy. Roberts is sticking to the 'script' Tarn is using. forcing us to wait, fracture and ultimately break before the conclusion of the story.

4. MatrixBearer85

MatrixBearer85 Well-Known Member

ok so ive read the chapter where the first Rewind "dies" together with Overlord and most of you notice that Overlord is holding/ hiding something in his hand.

i wanna hope that Rewind 1 is now part of Overlord as a god master gimmick :D 

5. Hadlen_Weltall

News Credits:
    Or worse, Rewind 1's head and the needles from Chromedome's severed arm.

6. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I've been waiting for that for a while now. Seems likely.

zmog

7. deltasound

deltasound Member

I can't quite shake the feeling the Rewind II is actually Rewind I, which is why he didn't disappear from reality when they removed the other Lost Light and the rest of its contents from the universe. Haven't been able to work out quite how it would fit logically into the story but this is the closest I can get:

Rewind I is shielded from destruction by Overlord (because sadism?) and is picked up by the "benefactors" and rebuilt along with OL because a living archive like RW could be useful down the line...

RWII witnesses the massacre but is killed by the DJD (because how is he escaping from a kill-crazy DJD again?) By this point our "benefactors" are aware of Megatron becoming an Autobot on the Lost Light and aware of the Lost Light II (because maybe they're either A- The Galactic Council or B- The Black Block Consortia and took part in a big ol' Space Battle over it?) and are now looking to get a mole/sleeper into the LL to keep tabs on Megatron and/or off him if the situation arises.

In slaughterhouse, the crew arrive on the LLII and miraculously find RWII alive (who I think might be RWI but shadowplayed with the memories extracted from RWII's archive). Remember how Ravage couldn't sense him then all of a sudden could before Megatron pulled him out of the Magnus Armor? We've seen plenty of teleports (one used by the GC in the 2012 annual, in fact) to suggest that RWI could have literally been planted at everyone's feet at the right moment... RW proceeds to record all that happens and even takes the opportunity to off Megatron at birth (whether knowingly or as a result of the influence of shadowplay i don't know)

The more I reread this theory, the more convoluted and un-Robertsy it feels but I'm convinced that there's a kernel of the truth in there somewhere... Too crazy?

8. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Plausible

9. Hadlen_Weltall

News Credits:
    Megatron made him a Phase Sixer, Overlord really wanted to be a mneumosurgeon. ...with needles. but all he got were drills.

10. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I've been suspicious about Rewind II from the beginning. In fact, there were a lot of little hints that there was something off about him at the time, but not much since then.

I don't have any big theories though. Once you get into the twilight zone of quantum duplicates, shadowplay, and time-travel, anything goes. I'm just hoping that whatever reveal is coming feels credible instead of ridiculous.

If RWII is a plant, then it's quite possible that he's part of the larger conspiracy (connected to Tyrest and Cyberutopia and all that). You're right about the teleportation... and we know Tyrest liked to use that kind of tech.

As for Overlord, as soon as we found out that Overlord was a wannabe mnemosurgeon, and then Chromedome lost his arm in Overlord's cell, I've been waiting for the big guy to show up with a hand full of needles. Rewind I's extensive data tracks are just icing on that cake, so there's also a reason for Overlord to keep Rewind around.

Of course, at the time I was reading Blade of the Immortal, at a juncture where a tall, sadistic, sociopathic villain had obtained the hero's cast-off immortal arm, and was travelling with a child he had enslaved, so I was catching some major symmetry there... it might have been wishful thinking. :) 

It's so hard to tell with Roberts, because he can drop all sorts of hints, but you're never 100% sure when he's going to pick them up again... if ever.

zmog

11. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Dude. You read Blade of the Immortal? I love that book. Such a compelling read.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Anything is possible, even the most convoluted.