Mtmte #52

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Starscream Gaga, Apr 26, 2016.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

The "deceived" line probably refers to the Knights and what they really are, not what Megatron does. Remember, Sounwdave is a telepath and according to him, Megatron is being sincere.

2. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Can't say I did not cheer when Tarn executed Kaon.

Heck, I half expect that a few of them might end murdered by Overlord.

Not like Overlord is any better from a moral standpoint, but it's wonderfully ironic when a monster gets their comeuppance from an equal monster.

3. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

It´s like when the Joker gets angry at Red Skull during a Marvel/DC crossover.

4. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

I fully expect the DJD to make it out of this with no more casualties now that discipline is restored!

Ok, that's a lie.

5. MelficeCyrum

MelficeCyrum Well-Known Member

Considering this is JRo we're talking about it's not going to be Roller because that's too obvious. Way too obvious. He doesn't do obvious. Let's be fair, most of the "clues" are people connecting dots with dotted lines they made, comparing two separate characters with mildly related quirks and saying how it HAD to be him.

It's not JRo laying groundwork for Tarn to be Roller, the fandom laid that groundwork.

6. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I wonder if Deathsaurus is doing all this to actually test to see if Megatron has change and is being sincere about atonement and if so, turn on Tarn and assist Megatron in the end.

7. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why do people think James Roberts is M. Night Shaymalan?

When he plays fair, he's playing fair, not just yanking the rug out from under us.

This board throughly dissected the "two Lost Lights" story arc well before it was done and he didn't switch it up out of spite or the perverse desire to put surprise over story logic.

love it

8. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    I don't know if that was his plan from the start, but I think it will be his plan by the end. I could dig seeing Deathsaurus more often. Especially for when Star Saber shows back up.

9. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Speaking as someone who's not a big fan of them--outside of the focus issue the got--I hope this arc marks the end of the DJD. Keep the Pet and Nickel, wipe out the rest except for Tarn. Let him live, broken with the knowledge that everything he believed was wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lucas35

Lucas35 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the Conjux of Nautica will be Nightbeat

11. FruitBuyer

FruitBuyer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's only obvious to hardcore fans like us. You ask someone that casually reads it and I can guarantee you they wouldn't pick it up.

12. Dramatic Spoon

Dramatic Spoon Well-Known Member

I'm leaning towards Brainstorm.

13. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

Read it. A few things.

#1. If Rewind I is alive and meets Rewind II... shouldn't one of them disappear like the rest of the crew nearly did?

#2. Correct me if I'm wrong. Overlord is a Phase 6er due to the ununtrium metal... Tarn is just a PoP so far as we know?

#3. Overlord has a shut-off valve Megs installed. I think Chromedome tinkered with it slightly.... could Megatron still use it?

#4. My Guess for Nautica's proposal is Brainstorm. The wrench was a gift, and she visits him regularly to learn, so i figure those are the clues. But honestly this feel forced and out of no-where regardless of who it is.

#5. If Tarn is Roller.... I want to see Prime's conflict/realization/wreckoning with him far more than Megs's little tangle. If they all forgot about Tarn/Roller who was Prime's best friend back in the past episode then Prime would likely want some form of absolution, knowing his previous (pre-Prowl infested) personality.

#6. Kaon... Tough Break. Part of me felt it was a summary execution for hampering the mission and was needed as a harsh penalty and logical reason for other troops not to do the same. However, no statement was give towards this end. Overlord was taunting him prior to this act. So, I am inclined to believe he felt he was losing control of the situation(mentally and hierarchically) and felt this was the quickest way to re-establish order among his own. Ironically this will likely set off Deathasuarus' troops and likely lead to a fracture of what is an already shakey alliance.

14. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was thinking Brainstorm as well.

Skids is a possibility, him and Nautica do seem friendly with each other, but I had a think about it and realised Nautica and Brainstorm share more emotionaly charged moments. He's the only one to ever get a reaction out of her. Twice even. Ratchet, as his goodbye, made sure that those two made up which, to me, puts a lot of importance on that relationship. And then there's the cute nickname :) 

15. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Tonight the streets are ours

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Didn't Shockwave turn off Overlord's override switch in return for his release in LSOTW?

16. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    Do they mean the trigger woRd? Til all are one?

17. rlmiddleton

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I agree. Quite like to see Ratchet and Skids's reactions as well considering he was close friends with both. Plus although we saw the source of Skids' problems in #49 Skids himself didn't I believe. Seeing Tarn and seeing he's Roller could trigger some kind of breakdown in Skids.

18. rlmiddleton

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Could be yeah. That's gone as well though - Chromedome said it was a once only trick.

19. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Shockwave removed Megatron's trigger, Chromedome's trigger shouldn't work any more.

And Tarn was on Prowl's list of 'stronger than a PoP,' so he's almost certainly been similarly upgraded. He is visibly really really tough, if not being the natural fighter Overlord is, so I consider him P6er in all but name.

20. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

Hadn't even thought about Ratchet and Skids reactions. Those reactions will be equally as awesome.

Also back in the ation series, Prime used a drone Roller from his trailer. I wonder if the name of that will factor in somehow as well. Likely named it after/ in honor of his lost friend.