MTMTE #50 (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Hound89, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Deezaster1982

Deezaster1982 Active Member

Awesome read, I can't wait for next issue.

I don't quite get the second part of the book though...When is it supposed to happen? Or is it a completely different story that has nothing to do to the first part? I doubt it.

I wonder how they'll pull out of this one?
    Since they got the message with a three weeks-delay, neither Optimus nor others from Cybertron can save the day, can they?
    Though I'd pay a lot to see Megatron's reaction to a Starscream in shining armor coming to save the day, the probability for it to happen is close to zero. (Hell, even if Starscream and Co made it there, the seeker would probably burst a leak as soon as he'd sport the DJD...)

And Optimus clearly couldn't track the message's location so...

Also I don't think Tailgate's newly found super strength will be enough against the DJD and Deathsaurus's team.

2. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Separate story, but related in that Getaway was using the timeslips to spy on Megatron's sympathizers.

3. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Well 10 is still a Legislator. Maybe he's there to help our crew survive what the DJD has in petto for them.

4. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Don’t call me a member thank you very much.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Return of Protectobots? Some crew on LL realising error of their ways and rushing to the rescue? Most likely though I think (as this is primarily a story about Megatron's redemption) it will either make involve Megs sacrificing himself or going full on crazy powerful again once the peace juice wears off. And there's the added question then of whether he can stop at killing just DJD/Cons...

Just thinking technically he must have defeated the DJD before because they would have been part of the DeceptiGod ages back right?

5. Deezaster1982

Deezaster1982 Active Member

My guess is: None of that.

Something totally unexpected- and probably surrealistic- will happen to save the day- or somewhat save it at the expense of several fan-fave characters death and lots of drama...

6. rlmiddleton

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I'll be disappointed if it doesn't involve Megatron performing some kind of major action as part of the 'redemption'/'how much can he change' style theme anyway.

7. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Remember, the statues are of the LIVING. The Necrobot would switch them off when they died.

8. Faizan

Faizan 2 of 12

My favorite part was that we got to see Pipes again. Damn i miss him so much. Love the fact that Rung knows of Dominus but it makes me wonder just how much does he actually know?

9. rlmiddleton

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Ah, thanks. That'll explain it :) 

10. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I do wonder about how the new artwork by Milne to celebrate the ongoing's 50th issues has Megatron in his MTMTE body with what looks like a new Fusion Cannon. I wonder if that's related to any future developments or if he just wanted him with a cannon for the action scene?

11. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Grrrr!!! It's finally here and the button to purchase it is stuck on "Waiting"!

12. rlmiddleton

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Tarn has two so could spare one if Megatron were to, say, tear it off.

13. markerguru

markerguru tech master TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:

I drew it on that cover because I just really wanted to have him with it. Also it balances the image out IMO because Prime is holding his gun. It's an RI cover. It doesn't have to represent what's happening in the book. Just something I wish for in MTMTE :) 

14. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Is it weird that I don't dislike Getaway? He has only ever known war. He is only alive because of the war. I'm just trying to place myself in the shoes of someone that has only ever known war and what they might do to finally know peace.

To be frank, I'd do exactly what Getaway has done. Sometimes the ends do justify the means.

15. l0te

l0te Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Thanks for clearing that up. Even without, the panel with him pointing his bared arm at Minimus was chilling because you knew exactly what he was doing. Awesome.

16. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde ジェノサイダー

News Credits:
    Awesome stuff, and I figured that's what it was. :D 

Even though things look bad for our heroes in the story, I hope people aren't too quick to throw the rest of the crew (Blaster, Riptide, Mainframe, Perceptor and so on.) under the bus. The worst part about this whole situation is that despite the fact that Getaway's methods are definitely shady and underhanded, its hard to argue that he's 100% wrong, as well.

Do you honestly think people would have forgiven Hitler or Stalin if they, one day, decided to turn over a new leaf?

Even after all he's done, I don't dislike him or hate him. Just because a character does morally questionable or even evil things doesn't mean I'll dislike them, how does that make any sense? He's an interesting character and becoming a favorite of mine.

I think these situations are far more complicated than "Good" or "Evil".

Oh god, I didn't even think about that. :eek: 

17. nim

nim Member

do you have a source on any of this, aside from brainwashing kup? i remember him being fairly compassionate in lsotw.

18. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

They crossed a line though when they decided to get rid of a whole bunch of other bots for being willing to give Megatron a chance. Nuatica, Rung, Rodims, Minimus, etc do not deserve what the DJD will do to them. Yeah the DJD are on Megatron's head. The horrible murders of whoever doesn't make it out? That's on everyone still on board the Lost Lights. So, yeah I won't cry if they find the Knights of Cybertron and horrible things happen to them.

Not to mention Optimus and Windblade, and probably a lot of other bots on Cybertron are not going to be happy about this. The guys they set up were a lot more popular, and better connected. There was a lot of politics involved in putting Megatron on the ship after all.

19. astrakhan

astrakhan Well-Known Member

Heh, Ambulon has a Combiner Wars connector.

20. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    You'd attempt to have the only innocent born on your planet for 6 million years murdered and throw ~10 fairly decent people to a group known for making people eat their own brains? Because you don't like Hitler's punishment, which you had no hand in administering but was decided on by your groups living moral compass?

If Getaway SURVIVES this, it'll be more than he deserves. He's ever bit as deserving of retribution as anyone. When you apply his own standards, Tailgate should be allow to pull him in two. Personally holding out for #Skids bomping his head off.

The heavy complexity of what to do when the devil seeks redemption does not make your own devilish actions excusable

Also latter half bugs me. I can see everyone wanting MEgs dead, and i even at a stretch see most wanting Rodimus off. I can;t see them agreeing to involve the DJD.