Mtmte #47

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Theonlycyclonus, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    They shoot at him because they're worried that Cyclonus would kill them if he had a chance to attack. BUT... they only shot at him in the first place because he tried to Megatron. Triggerhappy or not, that should be something even they can overlook, right? The security team must be part of those who fear Cyclonus as said earlier in the issue rather than being his friend.

Just because Cyclonus looks dead doesn't mean he is actually dead. James Roberts is the master of fake-outs.

2. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

Sounds pretty good, but if the Lovesplosion goes the right way, I think we will never be able to mock the silliness of Burning Justice again.

Gateway and Atomizer need to be thrown into a smelting pit.

3. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

^Pretty much this.
    Each of them at certain point did realize how screwed they are.

Getaway and Atomizer are somewhere in the same ballpark with Prowl, Galvatron, Overlord...

Absolutely no self-realisation and remorse over their actions.

They're not anti-heroes. Modern takes on Magneto or Punisher are anti-heroes. They do bad things whilst fully understanding how bad it is what they do in the name of necessity and how doomed they are, but here we don't see anything like that.

4. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    They have no bad feelings towards Tailgate. Their reasoning is that either Tailgate dies or they all do, including Tailgate. In their minds, Tailgate is dead whether they act or not. "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" and all that. From the readers perspective, Megatron isn't as bad as he used to be since we've been privy to his personal thoughts. But Getaway and others don't know what we know. I will say that Megatron will definitely become evil again at some point in the future. He won't always be an Autobot.

5. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

They're full of snark and superiority over him or Whirl. That's not even accepting necessity and rolling with it.
    So ****ed at Megatron, but can't see that themselves they act like the most cliche written bunch of Decepticon thugs.

6. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    I don't think they believe "they're all dead" regardless. Getaway very much acts as if he's delivering a punishment (and there are plenty who think Megs has it coming. They're just not Prowl's elite black ops assholes. Seriously, pre-nudge skids must have been such a douche). And his wording to Whirl has vague elements of his approach to Tailgate. Telling him what he "needs" to hear. Whirl's just not a mental 4 year old (love how he starts setting the clocks before Getaway shoots him)

7. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

On the Tyrest speculation- I still don't see why Tyrest would care/be involved.

If he won, Getaway would be dead.

Now it may be this is part of a larger conspiracy- within the autobots or so on, but this sounds exactly like I'd expect from Autobot Special Operations like Getaway is a member of. Eliminate a threat while making him look like the guilty party.

8. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

Definitely my one quibblr with the issue. The response seems uncharacteristic or unprovoked to that level. But as you noted, few like Cyclonus, more fear him, he just kicked the crap out of MEGATRON.

And as noted issues ago, many bots had friends on kimia.

Most bots --- even lost lighters --- do not know Cyclonus the way rodimus, Magnus, tailgate, swerve, rung, whirl, or certainly the reader know him.

But yeah...

The wait between issues is always so hard. :) 

9. gregles

gregles quintesson

As for the potential fake-out of him still being alive, never hope, hope is a lie!!!

10. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    I've never wanted a character to actually be alive so much in my life. Not even Jon Snow.

:cry 

11. Fallout

Fallout you finally met your nemesis

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    jesus, atomizer really got knocked down a few pegs. i really liked his design and what little character we got from him before but now he's just a shitty mcshitterson.

12. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Yeah I still want Getaway dead. If this is supposed to be a Cyclonus death fake out, then it had no effect on me because the only death to stick has been Trailcutter and really in the grand scheme of things all it did was get word of Megatron's defection to Tarn. Not too scared about characters dying, honestly.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2015
  13. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

This may be in part because once they're convinced something is necessary, getting too attached to the tool is... complicating.

14. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Well-Known Member

Oh, it's Prowl alright. He is what will happen if Spock is corrupted.

And Whirl always have repressed morality. He is just to damaged to show.

15. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Also, another event- Red Alert's 'suicide attempt'. It's at incredibly suspicious timing to be a suicide attempt, then he recovered so it indicated it was just coincidence- but a bit of memory alteration and... oh hey, Red Alert, one of their obstacles, is off the ship!

Not convinced it's Prowl behind this, but so far all known conspirators are autobot.

16. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    Who would have altered his memories? Despite the error in this issue, it was Getaway's nudge gun, not Atomizer's, and he wasn't onboard the ship yet.

Red Alert's suicide attempt was very obviously a red herring meant to make us think someone tried to take him out, especially with the red-eyed medical drone (which was confirmed to be Brainstorm's handiwork). It wasn't exactly "coincidence" regardless--Red Alert tried to kill himself because he was convinced Rung had almost been killed because of what he had told him, and that he was going to be next.

17. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Good point. I was also thinking of the other mnemosurgeon mentioned, but checking, that was someone from the distant past.

The med droid was Brainstorm's handiwork...?

18. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, Drift said back in #14 that the group in on Overlord's presence had programs for altering them of any mention of Overlord's name (and I don't see Rodimus or Drift developing that kind of program, so it kind of had to be Brainstorm who came up with it); that's how they knew to grab the data slug Red Alert had left with Rung.

19. Veritas Prime

Veritas Prime You're Not Alone

News Credits:
    I felt like crying when I first saw the page. :( 

Apart from that I feel there's a small chance Cyclonus could be alive due to being brought back by Vector Sigma.

20. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Ah, thanks :) 

Whelp, that's one branch of suspicion quashed.

At this point I'm not convinced there's a *big* conspiracy, so much as a small group of like-minded autobots, likely the core of which is Autobot Special Operations.