Mtmte #47

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Theonlycyclonus, Nov 24, 2015.

1. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mort, I think that is where Getamizer slipped up and I believe people will ask questions. I do believe Getaway also may not know Megatron phobia of mnemo-surgery. The only people might have known is Rung and Chromedome.

It is a mystery for the Lost Light and Nightbeat will try to solve it. There are several minor mistakes that Getaway.

2. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I think at Megatron's trial, it was publically recommended he get shadowplayed but he chose death, or judgement from the Knights of Cybertron. His fear, maybe Megatron's only known fear, is integral to why he's on the Lost Light. My memory is foggy though.

3. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megatron phobia of shadowplay I do not think it is well known. Every Transformer that lived on Cybertron fears to be Shadowplayed but it is not a phobic. Megatron I think it was a partial shadowplay because he remember it happen to him. If I was mnemo-surgeon I will make sure nobody remembers if the patient is unwilling that he/she had been shadowplayed.

4. Mort

Mort Apostate

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Hmm. He expressed dislike for needles when Chromedome read Rodimus's corpse... Magnus, Rodimus, First Aid, Nightbeat, Nautica, Chromedome himself and Brainstorm were all there.

5. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    You know MTMTE will end with it all being a Shadowplayed story. Will it be in Rung's head or Tailgates?

6. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

excellent analysis.

7. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    you know what's interesting.

Tailgate is literally the only cybertronian in 6 million years who would try this tactic because he's the only one that's legitimately innocent and naive. Megatron's a name a face and a story to him. He's not MEGATRON all caps. Getaway corrupts the only 100% innocent Cybertronian since Nova's day, free of war and conflict.

8. Urluck

Urluck unimportant

Yeah, its likely that this was the line of thought. Tailgate on his own, horribly murdered by Megatron? The mob probably wouldn't wait for due process. And giving his "grooming", Getaway would expect Tailgate to take his side if he survived. Tailgate and Cyclonus though? Questions get asked, especially as Ultra Magnus took a liking to Cyclonus and spent a lot of time with TG.

The fact they didn't work Cyclonus into the plan, like contriving a means to keep him distracted, suggests either A) there's something we don't know, or B) these guys aren't exactly Prowl.

And/or possibly 5), a snap decision to fall on his sword, to deflect blame from Tailgate. Although any of those four sound likely.

9. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Though really, I'm not sure Whirl would care. I feel like he has cultivated that reputation and persona on purpose. He'd probably feed off it.

I think Getaway thought he had accounted for Cyclonus, by isolating Tailgate from him, and counting on Cyclonus brooding on his own as usual. The only thing that messed it up for them was Whirl tipping Cyclonus... which highlights the importance of secrecy to the plan.

Though I'm still a bit miffed that they didn't account properly for Ravage's potential to wreck the plan.

Well, there are all those colonists now who left even longer ago, and who missed the war as well... but point taken.

zmog

10. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Bah, Spark, Cog and Brain are intact on Cyclonus.
    He'll walk it off. Transform into his CW body maybe.

11. GWolfv2

News Credits:
    Not Cybertronian for the colonists. And the neutrals fled the war. Which means they were tainted by it enough to think fleeing the planet was the smart move. Plus they're all emotional adults. Tailhgate's 4, at a stretch. Tailgate is the only person alive who was born on cybertron (excepting the hot spot in Redemption but presumably none of them have been born yet) and innocent.

12. GWolfv2

News Credits:
    I also think while Getaway and Atomizer MIGHT think they could pull the "well Tailgate's got a history" card, they probably haven't considered that Tailgate is close to pretty much everyone in command bar Megatron. They know him and he'd likely be given the benefit of the doubt. Particularly since Getaway's shadow ops nature is known between them

Same with Cyc. If they both survive (and I can see them doing so but being unconscious for a while) commands going to think "Well neither of them are prone to this kinda dumb" and it won't take a genius to put 4 and 4 together

13. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Goddamnit Getaway. :( 

14. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    It'll be the kid from St. Elsewhere, putting down a G1 Tailgate toy before picking up a snow globe...

15. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Oh definitely. You could hardly place blame on anyone for that. You could also say Tailgate and his penchant for curly straws killed billions of people, but we don't. Because that would be silly.

16. carissa

carissa Well-Known Member

Is it also possible that this was also set up to take out Cyclonus? Most of the ship fears or hates him. They know Cyclonus and Tailgate are or were close (until Getaway started to befriend him). Best scenario, take out two bots they don't like. *shrug*

17. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Yes, the criteria does keep getting narrower doesn't it? :) 

The colonists are still "Cybertronians", even if they've evolved culturally since then. I imagine that some of them are still around from the exodus. Note that I was distinguishing "colonists" from "NAILs". I just meant that there are a lot of naive "new Cybertronians' walking around in the other series who really have no clue why Megatron was so bad. There is a fresh "generation" of Transformers now who are un-tainted by the war... which used to be a very hard thing to find.

In that sense, Tailgate probably has more in common with many of them, than he does with the Lost Light crew (who are all carrying around that war baggage).

I doubt it. Several bots have a grudge against Cyclonus, but he's not really a strategic concern. He's been with the crew a long time now, and although he hasn't really been that outgoing, he's still been social, and surrounded by a clique of "acceptable" bots who count him as a comrade. He's also fought for the crew on several occasions. There's a lot of leftover resentment from the war, but Cyclonus was sort of a wild card... he probably still has way less Autobot blood on his hands than most Decepticons. I can't see him being a priority target.

Plus, he only got mixed into this incident by accident. Though I'm sure Getaway and co. wouldn't have shed any tears if he died fighting Megatron.

zmog

18. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I disagree. I kinda want that to happen. I still want a rematch against Star Saber.

19. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I also don't want him to be really dead. I also don't think this few shots would take him down for good. He's fucking Cyclonus.

20. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

You´re adorable.