MTMTE #37 Preview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by T.F. Allen, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
  2. ArmedonLSD

ArmedonLSD Well-Known Member

Edited my last point to clarify that. People were glad to see G1 again.

3. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime Autobot and N7 for life

As someone who bought the Marvel series (but skipped Dreamwave) a few thougths.

Marvel has a higher visibility than IDW by far and so you'd expect the sales to be higher.

Two, when Marvel had the license, comics as a whole sold hell of lot better in the 80s/mid to late 90s than they do now. Transformers is borderline almost niche in this day and age. Or don't you remember IDW until recently not being able to support a ongoing, let alone two?

But a consistent 10K isn't something to be taken lightly in this day of decreasing readers in comicdom overall.

Speaking of Marvel, if they had the license again you likely wouldn't even have a TF comic since they wouldn't know what to do with it if it isn't folded into the Marvel U and their fringe, non-Marvel Universe centered titles suck shit or don't sell (or both) so...be happy?

Not saying you have to (or even should for that matter) like MtMtE (you clearly don't) but trying to support your view by listing sales without proper context is dishonest.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
  4. Goldbolt

Goldbolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe Brainstorm is collecting things to build a Phase Sixer out of the 0.1% spark? The raw materials for the process were available in this time period and gone in the present. So when the DJD show up they'll have their own trump card on the Lost Light. Perhaps Quickswitch as he's the opposite of Sixshot or one of the Autobot mega-pretenders as an opposite to Black Shadow.

5. Spartan0996

Spartan0996 Well-Known Member

6. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    Exactly. High sales doesnt exactly mean good content. Just look at the box office receipts for the Michael Bay films. Or anything by Tyler Perry.

Also, something to keep in mind is digital downloads. The numbers quoted are only for physical copies yes?

7. ArmedonLSD

Time to move on guys.

This issue is going to be awesome. Does anyone think we will get panels with brainstorm thats longer thana single page? Jr needs to peel into brainstorm s motives here a little. I dont want a single issue just at the end explaining why he was doing this to help the timeline and how he is still a good guy autobot.

8. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    As long as IDW has what they have; Transformers, Godzilla, GI Joe, various Cartoon Network properties, My Little Pony, Skylanders, and now Disney and much more, they'll be just fine. A bunch of little hits are as good as a few big hits.

9. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    I'm sure he'll have his bad guy monologue at some point.

10. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Diamond sales numbers aren't the full story, anyway. There's also TPB sales through bookstores and digital comics sales to take into account, and those numbers aren't published.

For that matter, TF/GI Joe has a) been running for less time, meaning less inevitable sales attrition and b) taps into not just TF/Joe fans but also Jack Kirby fans.

11. Decepticonprime

Decepticonprime Active Member

I'ts just really cool to see Ultra magnus's vision; that megatron's threat level is incalculable! lol

12. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    "The past: a new and uncertain world. A world of endless possibilities and infinite outcomes. Countless choices define our fate: each choice, each moment, a moment in the ripple of time. Enough ripple, and you change the tide... for the future is never truly set."

This is actually shaping up to be a great story, years in the planning of plot, but giving fresh characterizations and dialog. Can't wait to see how it all turns out.

And yes, Rung is likely a hero unsung thanks to him quantum leaping around more times than Scott Bakula. Go Rung!

13. Jimmerz Prime

Jimmerz Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay, ladies and gents, help me out with this. It says that material from Transformers ongoing 20 and mtmte 9 was used, right? I can see how mtmte 9 is being used but not ongoing 20. Who thinks this is a misprint and they are referring to the Chaos Theory issue (which i think are 22-23)? I tfwikied issue 20 and can't see how that could fit into this story. Thoughts?

14. ultramagnus1

ultramagnus1 Well-Known Member

Agree its a mistake. I think issue 22 (Chaos Theory Part 1) will be referenced here. Something is about to crop up that we saw in that issue.....

15. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    Look at that, senpai noticed Brainstorm.

16. artiepants

artiepants Misses readable TF comics

News Credits:
    see, i actually don't know how they stay in business BECAUSE of their reliance on licensed material ~ you have to figure with what they pay for those licenses and how few books they sell that their margins are razor thin.

this is actually not true, because it's far, far, far cheaper to produce and publish 1 100,000 unit selling book than it is to produce and publish 10 10,000 unit selling books ~ you have to pay 10 creative teams, 10x the production costs, the more copies you run typically the cheaper the printing becomes per unit, etc.

17. Spartan0996

Spartan0996 Well-Known Member

I know one of you wants to reply to that ^ but don't you dare derail this thread so we can have an argument about comic sales and how that = MTMTE sucks, again.

18. Jimmerz Prime

Jimmerz Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm with Spartan!

19. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Ah the infamous bar fight that started it all?

Hmm...but instead, Impactor will be there with someone else because it wasn't Pax that was the target is was Megatron?

20. ArmedonLSD

End of this arc, ultra magnus threat level is going to significantly change on Megs. ITs kinda sad to mevit hasnt yet, seeing how UM seemed liked one of the first to welcome and befriend him.

Also this issue is going to crack a Rung mystery, me thinks