MTMTE #37 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Peaugh, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Don't we know exactly when Brainstorm has time jumped and how many times he's done it? Hell's Point wasn't on the timeline Megatron, Perceptor and Ultra Magnus were looking at.

2. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

The damage to Megs occured at Hell's Point, but he was stuck in gun mode for two years. During which time he could have been moved anywhere.

But you do punch a pretty big hole in my hopes. My theory hinges on Brainstorm having made an additional jump that we haven't seen yet.

3. citygrl903

citygrl903 Autobot

News Credits:
    Not sure if this has been noticed yet, and if it has I'm sorry, but I was re-reading issue 28 and realized something. We have Whirl's attempt to go after Megatron but it fails. And then we have this:
    [​IMG]
    He's talking to someone but who? My theory is that
    given Brainstorm's reveal, Whirl might be talking to him here and plotting to get rid of Megatron and went along with Rodimus for that reason.

4. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    You know, that would explain Whirl's shock to find out that the functionists were responsible for his impurata(sp?). He was helping Brainstorm restore the functionists to power because he blamed the senate. Now that he knows the truth, the twist will be his shifting allegiance.

5. Veritas Prime

Veritas Prime You're Not Alone

News Credits:
    Nice catch, but the theory would require Brainstorm knowing that Megatron would becoming an autobot and co-captain in the future unless he was waiting for the right time to enact his plan.

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I see it more as Megatron coming on board was going to potentially throw a wrench in the plan he already had in play and was using Whirl to get Megs out of the way.

7. Mort

Mort Apostate

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    HmmmMMmmm! There may be something to that, though not sure about the link above. He did react very strongly given everyone concerned ought to be long dead.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That...That's actually a great theory. I'll be sad if it isn't the case. Works for me.

9. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

Whirls face.

That's all I have to add at this time.

I'll have to re read my copy with this thread at my side later.

Somehow, I'm picturing Megs, as a gun, sitting on a throne somewhere, giving orders.
    (Similar to Straxus head in a jar, Megatron in Animated, etc. )
    "Wot a revoltin' development!"

This does beg the question: what happens the 2nd time Megatron met (the real) Rung?

Rung is Vos? I doubt it. Rung has a really odd alt mode (Key to Vector Sigma? LOL) I think if he had a 2nd alt mode the Functionists would have known. Hmmm, how DID he survive the Functionist years?

Anyway, it's a moot point. Somewhere somebody mentioned that the DJD has a rotating cast. (Like the Dread Pirate Roberts) and IIRC the Vos that we know is a recent addition. (I think Rachet mentioned knowing of another Vos)

Being a ship-nerd myself, I've always loved Rung's fascination with models. I thought it would be funny if he lost his LL model in the past and some enterprising young ship builder found it and used it for the basis of a new ship. Time paradox! (Also I've been tinkering with the idea of drawing the Lost Light as a Transformer itself, fuel spikes for hair anyone?)

The DJD are homicidal maniacs but there is a method to their madness. By leaving the occasional witness alive, it spreads their reputation. Being feared is a big part of their MO. So it actually makes PERFECT sense for them to leave a historian alive to document their atrocities. Also just because Brainstorm is a double agent, it doesn't mean he's on the same page as the DJD.

I find it odd that Brainstorm's Decepticon "badge" was poorly painted inside his mask. They had mentioned previously that making your badge was quite a process, involving using part of your spark casing. Did nobody pick up on the detail that Brainstorm's badge was only hand drawn?

Rewind, so far, is the only bot we've seen in the 'Functionist' universe. What if something happens to strand 'Rewind #2' in the alternate time stream?

All this speculation on Megatron's spark seems to forget in one of the GN's Megatron merges his spark with one from a Quintesson. That would have ramifications later if it's canon.

I should point out one other thing about the Senate. At no time have we ever seen any evidence that there are "elections" for the Senate. Are they appointed by City-States? How are those City-States governed? It's really more of a House of Lords, isn't it?

Also with all this government manipulation of the populace, "Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings" seems to carry more weight doesn't it? I'd be ironic if it was a line from Toward Peace after all.