MTMTE 35 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by megatronski, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ Utterly perfect, a great example of Rung saving the day by being overlooked!

2. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have no degree and I am very flaky.

Now I have to finish a logo in Graphics Design.

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

It makes me wonder just how accurate everyone's assumptions about Brainstorm's intentions really were.

zmog

4. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not really accurate. Megatron assumes that Brainstorm wants to avoid a war like the Great War. I don't think so. Brainstorm had been hinting at things but never said anything of what his agenda. He used the Autobots and Decepticons alike they were useful to a point. I am not sure what his agenda is. Brainstorm does not care what happens to Cybertronians as a whole. Shockwave wanted to make the world better and that was still present after Shadowplay. Soundwave wants equality. Brainstorm never really said what his over all motivation.

5. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Everyone us? Or Everyone Lost Light Crew?

If the latter, then I think they're dead wrong. They've jumped headfirst to a conclusion that will imo be proved to be massively wide of the mark.

The former, well I don't think I've actually seen that there's a consensus, and I literally haven't got the foggiest myself, although I think it's got something to do with the green spark and I don't actually think that he's going to try and stop the war but does anyway with Functionist dystopian Nirvana as an unintended side effect. But how or why is anyone's guess.

6. 9.8m/s^2

9.8m/s^2 What's in a name?

I actually miss academia. It's a different world there, now, sure, but I didn't know what stress was until after I left. I'd rather face another thesis committee than another $%&(@# strategy meeting.

Interesting how TF fiction brings out the verbose and analytical sides of us that we try to suppress in our professional lives. I wonder if GI Joe and MotU have similarly esoteric discussions, blending literary criticism, pure science, and engineering (and a frustrating lack of baseline assumptions).

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

That's just it. I'm curious to see HOW wrong they actually were. :) 

The crew, obviously. For us, I think it's pretty obvious that the crew is saying stuff to misdirect the readers a bit, and maintain suspense.

Like you, I'm not sure where it's all going, but I'm pretty sure things aren't as the crew thinks.

Job stress is killer too (and if you stay in academia, they become one and the same), but it depends on what you're doing. I'm a work-to-live, not live-to-work kind of guy, so at this point in my life I'd be VERY happy with a boring daily routine, rather than a "challenging, dynamic work environment". :) 

Ha! I wonder. I think the sci-fi, metaphorical, and "posthuman" undercurrents in Transformers probably lend themselves to those kinds of discussions better than some other fandoms. Half of GIJOE fanboys are military fetishists anyway, so I'm guessing a lot of their chatter is gearhead-oriented. :D 

I have no idea what gets talked about on MOTU fanboards. Loincloth cuts?

It's always more fun to be verbose and analytical about something by choice and inclination, rather than by obligation.

zmog

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Finally caught up with the comics and all I can say is...

...which goddamn toy display shelf does Brainstorm belong on?! Sure, going all gen. with Generations, he goes on the Autobots, but I reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllyyyyyyy want to give my tragically underloved Decepticons a new member, they haven't gotten any additions all year it seems compared to the 10% population increase for my 'Bots.

Or maybe I just put him on a platform that I rig between the shelves. I do still have that old Deal or No Deal game's briefcase packaging...

9. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm betting that with Brainstorm's function as a weapon maker now obsolete he's traveled back in time to ensure that the Functionalists would ALWAYS need bots like him. OBS Chips. Black Block Consortia. Global Submission. So on.

I was thinking he wasn't an Autobot OR a Decepticon. He just made weapons for both sides to perpetuate the war, and now the war is over. It was his function, and there was no morality about it.

10. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Behind them all with his arms spread and laughing diabolically!

11. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

What if all he did was go back in time to make another character that we all know well using that spark? (was going to say himself, but since he isn't a .1%er)

12. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Ooh, Brainstorm just being pro-war/pro-eternal need for him to make new weapons makes a lot of sense.

Because, yea, in peace time, you'd want him to at least dial things way back. And he doesn't want that.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That Brainstorm theory is brilliant.

14. aikitim

aikitim G1 Autobot

I'll just leave this here:
    [​IMG]

15. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

An alternative.

He is a Decepticon. Things are going as he planned.
    His point-one-percenter spark from the moon is Megatron.

16. Meister5

Meister5 Lost Light-er

News Credits:
    I love Mini-Minimus :D 

17. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Couple of things I picked up on and apologies if they have already been pinpointed and put to bed.

1) Ten clearly likes a drink on the sly, he's slumped in the corner in the Magnus Disaggregator scene :lol 

2) Perceptor's line 'I'll say this for Brainstorm: He confronted those implications head on'.

Subtle? Or just throwaway?