MTMTE 33 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by payres, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Sees the DJD in action, unable to speak for a month. Maybe they took his voice box hostage until he agreed to work for them. No doubt he begged for death but they found a silent Swerve much more amusing.

2. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    Flip Sides (G1) - Transformers Wiki

3. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    SHIT, that's dark.

4. fryguy81

fryguy81 Rungover

Ebay:
    Far be it from me to be this guy, but I'm going to be that guy. If you are hung up on the quantum engines explanation not being plausible because current science- blah blah; you're missing the forest for the tress.

The explanation is pure techno-babble that is used in science fiction. Remember; science FICTION. If you can't appreciate the story because the science isn't real; you are missing out plain and simple and I offer this very stiff rebuttal: who cares?

It's a story in a comic, not an essay in a scientific journal. What we have is a tale of intrigue and mystery. Why is there a destroyed lost light? What has Megatron learned from this moment? What it takes to be an autobot? Will he take it to spark and grow? What of Ravage? Has he changed his view of the cause now that he's seen the darkest part of the Decepticon cause?

I'm not the biggest fan of Rewind's return but I chalk it up to Doctor Who's "Pete of Two Worlds" from the Dave Tennant/ Billie Piper season.

If your looking at the science as your key to enjoyment, you're in the wrong field. Read this book for the character development, for the growth, for the effortless way he weaves a tale of intrigue. And like a master comic book craftsman does what has become a lost art. Namely, answering questions from previous issues while raising new ones that make you desperate for the next issue.

And if your interested: here's my review of the issue at hand.

Transformers: MTMTE 33: The Review | Needless Essentials Online | All Geek, All the Time

5. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    I think the key term is 'Science Fantasy'. It's what I prefer but I can see how it would bother some.

6. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Roberts probably had Rewind's death and comeback pre-planned from the very long time, considering the message from MTME#1 shows how much of everything was already planned.

For the one, I'm happy with his return because his death was (at least for me) a tiny bit too close to the one disturbing trope.
    Granted, there were no other couples on the Lost light to be separated in this manner and I don't believe this writer would do something like that intentionally, but still it was close.

7. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    One thing I do like about that last page is how it works both ways - this is either confirmation of Brainstorm being entirely something else to what we thought and setting something horrendous in motion.. or Brainstorm just being the massive cockhead we've grown to love.

8. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Been awhile since I read issue #1. Thanks.

9. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    So...The main point of separation in the two realities was Rung dying? I'm kind of getting that. Rung/Animus/Sparkeater/Rodimus.

10. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Yep, presumably the Sparkeater headed straight for Rung this time and without Skids helping him escape he was easy meat. Animus was probably more feisty 'bait' than Rung was and threw Rodimus' timing out leading to him getting his head sliced by the engine.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I really hope not. That would break my heart. He's my spirit robot.

I think this could very well be the case.

12. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

Any one else think there's a correlation with Prowl knowing the DJD Spy, and the DJD knowing about Rewind and Chromedome's relationship?

13. Mort

Mort Apostate

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    That isn't exactly narrowing it down. Everyone and their maker knows about CD-RW.

14. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

Do they though?

Rewind thought it was peculiar they knew, and its not like they Broadcasted it on the LL

15. jrs1976

jrs1976 Member

Here's a thought

The only Autobots on the LL (pre launch) who knew about Overlord were Roddy, Drift, Shock and Ore and Brainstorm.

The launch f****ed up cos of Ore getting tangled in the quantum generator. We know the spark eater got loose on both LL1 and LL2, assuming it got Shock first on both (as he was trying to clear up after Ore), then on LL2 Roddy died tackling the sparkeater. Drift then spent all his time building Roddy a fitting coffin.

Imagine if Roddy had something that was keeping Brainstorm under control..... until all all of a sudden Roddy is gone, Brainstorms in the clear, "hello DJD can you hear me, I got something for you"

Till all are gone

16. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This theory is LEGIT. I always thought it was odd that Brainstorm made such a big deal about Rodimus' "special dispensation" in issue 1.

17. Jack3Dragon

Jack3Dragon Well-Known Member

Huh I never thought of that before..I wonder why though or at least how

18. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    I think I said this earlier, but a key difference is that Rodimus was in on Prowl's secret plan.

Once he died, Drift told everyone about Overlord. Which probably kiboshed the chances for Brainstorm to get to make his own phase sixer by interrogating Overlord - does anyone really think Magnus would approve or go along with this plot?

So with Overlord no longer a secret, Brainstorm figured he'd hand him off to the DJD, not expecting them to turn around and kill everyone. Brainstorm strikes me as the kind of guy, after all, who is INCREDIBLY selfish - he'd put his own scientific curiosity ahead of any faction.

19. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    I wanna know how Rung died on LL2 since was in the med bay at launch.

20. johnbonhamatron

johnbonhamatron Big ol' Nightbeat fanboy

News Credits:
    I just checked the issue: it says Rung died in the initial explosion (well, "was lost", but unless Roberts comes out and says that doesn't he died, he died), which basically means that the key event that set of the chain of causality on the LL2 (from the Sparkeater onwards) was "Rung not being there".

And we know there's a lot more going on with Rung than we know about so far and that he's viewed by Rewind as a "historical constant".

How very intriguing indeed...