MTMTE 33 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by payres, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Nope, just had that really weird spotlight where he was/wasn't a Con. Can't be the traitor here though, he wasn't on the Lost Light the first time around.

2. Jack3Dragon

Jack3Dragon Well-Known Member

Okay this doesn't have to do with the current shift of discussion but someone pointed it out on tumblr and now I can't stop thinking about it.
    It has to do with how they tortured Chromedome and Rewind. How did they know Chromedome was a mnemosurgeon? Is that well known that he is like, did someone ever mention on how many people knew that ? Or did someone tell them that? Cause the way they were torturing them by trying to force Chromedome to erase his memories of his Endura seem pretty specific and when he kept refusing they stabbed him with his own needles.
    Even if they did know he was a mnemosurgeon, could it be possible someone told them of Chromedomes history with past Endura? I feel like very few people actually know that. And the only one on board(i think) who does is Brainstorm. So now I think he is A traitor just now for the decepticons and is probably not the only traitor on board. Yes I'm on the bandwagon got on fully a bit late though.

3. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Finally read this issue. I enjoyed it, although it was filled with a lot bad stuff.

I think a lot of my enjoyment of this storyline has been hindered by the fandom having predicted what was happening ages ago. Slaughterhouse was a bore since, between the fan theory and the artist's teasing, I knew what to expect and doubted anyone would be staying dead. There was a similar problem here with the the big revelation of what's been going being exactly what the fans thought but thankfully, there was more to this issue than that.

After assaulting Prowl twice, Chromedome deserves Rewind back but I can't say I'm that excited. Rewind was an OK character but there are more interesting ones. I'm just happy the rest of the crew are back. The ones we were left with weren't very well developed or entertaining. Although he was brought back with the power of love? Seriously? At least when Doctor Who does that, they try to give an explanation about the brain rejecting mind control or whatever they used in the episode the Lodger. Although maybe it'll come back since things usually tie up nicely in MTMTE, unlike in Doctor Who.

Speaking of which, the Doctor might be a Decepticon... Or the guy who's lines I read in one of the Doctor's voices. I'm not certain if I believe it though. Why didn't the one we were following call the DJD? Also, didn't we see that the briefcase was a container for a spark at the end of Remain in Light? But if he is a 'Con, I'm OK with it. The 'Cons have been the most entertaining characters in this storyline. I love Megatron and Ravage more every issue.

4. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Ravage is so cute when he's trying to be badass. He's probably badass. But even if he killed you, you would say with your last breath, while blood spills out of your mouth "Oh, what a cutie!"

5. Zarmat

Zarmat Well-Known Member

Nah, someone suggested that to him in joke and it blew his mind away and what that could do (whatever that was), at the moment we don't know what the deal of the briefcase is, I would assume it hasn't had any change to it since they started their journey for if it has then that might mean both briefcases at this point could be different from one another.

6. soundwaverulls

This is true.

7. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Brainstorm hid the spark in his chest, shown in "The Sound of Breaking Glass", not his briefcase.

8. soundwaverulls

Ah, I never read that. I probably should. Revisiting the panel in Remain in Light, it's actually very different to how I remember it. You see his case removed from his arm and him holding the spark. I remember seeing it in the case. My memory must have made that up from my assumption that they were indicating it had been in the case. I guess I simply must have missed the exposed hole in his chest.

9. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Alternate universe with the Zodiac energy where Mirage is a Decepticon. This Mirage only dreamed it but he never was a Decepticon. Although the reasoning I would say Mirage will not be the traitor is AHM was accused of being a traitor. It was so believed that Mirage was beaten by Ironhide. It is old ground and be repetitive for accusing Mirage of such charge.

10. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Personally I think the fact that Brainstorm was shown as deceased on the other Lost Light, is a big sign that there is swerve going on here.

If he is the traitor, and he let the DJD on board, why would they then kill him? Of course, it could be down to them just having fun, or someone on the Lost Light killing him, but personally I think it is going to be turn out to be something else-or at least less straightforward.

In fact, I am starting to lean more and more towards the idea of this Rewind being the actual double agent.

11. fryguy81

fryguy81 Rungover

Ebay:
    I think that is the point for the whole planet, was to further evolve Megatron into not thinking Cybertronian first and express what being an Autobot really means. It's inclusion was entirely for the purpose of growing Megatron's character, which to me makes it an important addition.

12. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    isnt it completely obvious that Swerve is the traitor?

13. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    Mirage is only a "traitor" in the very much not continuity Spotlight: Mirage. Accused of it in AHM...but heeey

Off the Top of my head there's Pharma (Worked with DJD for...self preservation/Mark Hamill reasons), Doubledealer (full double agent), Valve (betrayed the Wreckers), Sunstreaker (AHM reasons) and now Brainstorm.

14. Star Saber

News Credits:
    Might be interesting if Rewind has no idea he's a double agent - he's been shadowplayed into being an unwitting mole - and when the DJD come over - he's left alive after being shadowplayed again by Chromedome, into forgetting his betrayal.

15. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Loved the issue on many, many levels- all of which I'm sure have been discussed long into the 30 pages of this thread- but felt it needed more DJD. Their reveal from the previous issue felt like it needed more of a denouement in this issue, but instead that appearance fell somewhat flat as nothing more than back story. Boo!! :) 

16. Star Saber

News Credits:
    While it did feel lacking, storywise, it's probably the best way to go about it for now, since the remaining crew are in even less shape to go toe to toe with the DJD. I'm really hoping that when Roberts eventually gives us a direct confrontation - the payoff will be worth it!

17. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I do like that. It would make the Scavengers skirmish a lot more believable given that a bunch of nobodies (mostly) walked away from a gang of planet killer killers.

18. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    The only reason they left the scavengers alive was the signal for Overlord's spark. They had bigger fish to fry. Otherwise, they'd have finished them all off.

19. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well Rewind says the traitor disabled the slow cell. Brainstorm was the only one who knew the access code. Unless its been stated that Shock and Ore knew the code, that cements him as the traitor.

20. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    It's said that the LLII's differences mainly start when Rodimus gets his face stuck, so Shock and Ore are still dead.