MTMTE 31 discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by payres, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    Loving the time split theory. Good work guys! Keep it coming!

A wee bit off topic but I'm really interested in how Riptide reacted to the Three Step Program. If you have to pass it to be counted as a citizen/Cybertronia/MTO then what happens if you don't pass? Is it similar to the Ambus test as a way to check for sentience? Would not passing it mean you would be scrapped or put in a new body, which is as good as death as you would have no memories of your time before.

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That would be insane. I so could see that happening.

3. ArmedonLSD

ArmedonLSD Well-Known Member

DIGILAUT FTW!!!

Going to be interesting seeing what happened to the crew of the crashed LL. Sparkeater and Overlord all over again!

4. Mort

Mort Apostate

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    About Tailgate pulling the gun, it's not the first time he believed his own hype. He did try to defuse a bomb in #12.

5. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    And the Info Creep! That has actually settled(sort of) a question I've been wondering for a long time. The Knights left 10 millions years ago. But we have bots who are confirmed to be from that time (Galvatron, off the top of my head) so I always wondered how such a long lived race(seriously, Soundwave, Rung and Cyclonus are some of the oldest guys around) wouldn't have any memory of their own history from only a few millions years go!

I wonder if it will link back to Rung's fascination with revision or if we'll learn what else they've forgotten or changed.

And I'm calling it now. Rung gets to be the new sparkeater since Skids wasn't there to rescue him. CALLING IT!

6. Meister5

Meister5 Lost Light-er

News Credits:
    I agree. I don't think we're going to get a villainous about-face. Ravage shouldn't have disappeared either so I'm looking forward to finding out more hopefully next issue.

It was an odd moment but Megatron's taking that toxic energon so maybe he's feels vulnerable now. It seemed like he really didn't want to get locked up again. Seems like he has something important planned...

My thought was that he was referring to his being an MTO.

So that's what that is. I guess he doesn't have much to lose, does he...
    When Nautica mentions that Megatron is responsible for a lot of those Autobots being alive, Ammo points out that it's true. Maybe he doesn't see that as a positive thing and actually blames Megatron for having to live with that horrible condition.

7. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It does, but it's a) an outside of story confirmation that, if I remember right, doesn't name Megatron specifically but instead just refers to the people on Prowl's list. B) working on the assumption that Prowl's list is correct.

There's more in story suggestion that there's something unusual about Megatron then there is that he's a 0.1 percenter. It would seem weird and unlike Roberts to build that up then just confirm he's a 0.1 percenter in an interview.

8. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    Not crazy about this issue but still it's an entertaing read as always.

9. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    Oh man, I'm so terrified about the next issue.

This was a goodie. I really enjoyed the character interactions and development here. Nightbeat's little arc was really good. Of course, it was mostly setup for whatever's coming next, but... ohhh, it really got me excited.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    God why does Comixology's viewer suck so bad, I can't even read this issue because pages won't load.

11. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    Some have mentioned the face in the background is Tarn.

12. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Could be, but given what the next two issues appear to be about, I wouldn't be so sure.

13. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Speaking of next few issues, better get ready to dive back under the blanket.

14. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Damn... this was an AWKWARD issue.

Of course, it bears the earmarks of a rush-job... sloppy editing, replacement artist, clunky pacing and dialogue, info-dumping with all the grace of a crowbar... I'm not sure if I'd call it spoon-feeding or force-feeding. Dang. Also, the UK-isms seem to be a bit thicker this issue. Occasionally I notice unfamiliar turns of phrase in MTMTE, but it seemed more pronounced this issue. Not that it matters terribly, but it feels like this issue probably didn't benefit from as much fine-tuning.

In spite of that, some interesting stuff this issue. I kind of wish it had played out better. In the past I've always admired Roberts' ability to keep multiple plates spinning, and make it look effortless... to fairly seamlessly integrate plot hints, backstory and info-dumps into the natural flow of conversation and storytelling. This time, it all felt kind pretty forced. It was an interesting read, but not a particularly enjoyable one.

It's funny... I was just telling someone in another thread that Transformers is the kind of science fiction that can only handle so much meta. I'm starting to worry that with this issue the meta is getting a bit too heavy. Hope it finds (solid) footing again soon.

Also, I still hate holo-avatars... is there nothing they cannot do? :redface2: 

By Jove, Digilaut! I think you've cracked this one! :thumb 

Definitely on to something there...

I know, right? So true.

:eek: 

As if they don't already have enough to worry about... but here's another thought. Remember waaaaaay back in the Scavengers arc, when the DJD took a powder because they had "found Overlord"? It's been quite a while now, and we still haven't seen much of them... you'd think that by now they would have shown up on the Lost Light, or found Overlord's remains in space or something... OR... maybe they DID find Overlord... here... with the alternate Lost Light.

I just thought of this because there has been speculation that the DJD are going to show up in the series soon. You have to wonder what kind of nastiness they could get up to if they track Overlord to a listing Autobot ship in the middle of nowhere. I could see the whole Lost Light becoming one giant charnel house for their murderous pleasure.

Good idea. I mean, if you must have "estrol positive" bots (biologically feminine determinants) I think that would be the best way to spin it.

The worrisome part in all of that, aside from the obvious horrors ahead, is just how much the existing continuity could be effectively wiped out by converging with this other potentiality. All bets are off, at this point, no? :confused2 

zmog

15. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The important thing isn't what he is, the important thing is that he refuses to share or benefit from whatever status he does have. So Roberts confirms he's a Forged, no big. So 'bots have accurately guessed he's Forged because of his power level.

The important thing is that he will kill you before listening to even the hint of a suggestion that he's innately better than, say, Ravage.

I have to process and do my capsule review but my first impression is THIS.

16. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anybody else think that one of the NAILS they bought the ship from kind of looked like Samus Aran's power suit?

17. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With Digalut's theory that there's two Lost Lights and how two of the things can't coexist in the same space, I gotta wonder, what will the alternate crew be thinking when Megatron shows up with an Autobrand? And the event of Overlord and the JDJ 's shock of seeing Autobot Megatron?

18. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Editorial Assistance: Vincent Kings

Well this mystery wasn't hard to solve. Either this guy is a not so good assistant editor or the issue was rushed to coincide with the produced Nightbeat toy. That's my thought.

Also, I think I was quick to judge when it came to Nautica during the preview, because for the most part I loved her here. "Lower the gun Buster. I'm serious. I've got a wrench and I'm not afraid to use it. As a weapon I mean. Not as an actual wrench."

19. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    This issue isn't being packed in with Nightbeat, one of the Dark Cybertron installments. It's just reusing toy art for a cover, as has happened in the past.

20. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or the third possibility is that this issue was both a) rushed and b) written before the rest of the post-DC MTMTE Rise of the Autobot issues. The early version of Nightbeat as a remold of Jazz on one of the covers at least strongly suggests this option.