MTMTE 31 discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by payres, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    This is a second. It's been confirmed that it's a second. The crew built it for Rodimus whilst the LL was back on Cybertron. The original got destroyed inside Metroplex by a Minicon bomb.

2. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The coffin? Hmm Trailcutter was labeled as a catalyst.

3. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, but
    they were slowly getting in reach of the coffin. My theory could be totally off, of course, but maybe just being in proximity it caused stuff to temporarily disappear.
    Maybe if they'd just left it floating there and moved on the stuff that disappeared would have returned.

He was indeed! :) 

By the way, I've edited my original post with a bit more on
    Rewind
    . :) 

4. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    We on the Underbase came up with basically the same theory during our review this week! I think it's immensely plausible.

5. Kraken

News Credits:
    Seeing how
    the flashes in this issue didn't have an X-ray scan, I presume that it was just artistic license on the behalf of Milne to show Megs and Rung's surprise during the blackout. Either that or Rojo didn't get the memo

6. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Nightbeat? Is that you? I...I um, this is a very good theory. One that I like also.

7. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    :jawdropper: 

Ahahaha.... shit...

That is a very good theory..

8. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Liked the mystery solving. And Megatron's cutting remarks to Nightbeat at the end. It's good characterization to see that Nightbeat lost sight of the "human" issue involved in his joy at solving the puzzle but Megatron didn't.

Liked the backstory on the Lost Light and the wonderful chunk of worldbuilding.

It's kinda funny (in a sad way) that Roberts really did more to develop the NAILS and their culture and place in New Iacon incidentally in a brief passing flashback here than Barber did in his entire first Season among them in RiD. I always felt their story would have been WAAAY better suited to Roberts interests and talents and this pretty much confirmed that.

All the worldbuilding about sparks, and history, and everything made my day even if it was a very talky issue. I live for this stuff and the mystery kept up tension even without a lot of action.

Very interested to see what happens next. I thought the art was ok, a bit weaker than usual but generally better than the Dark Cybertron artists, though I hope Milne is back next issue.

-ZacWilliam, sure I'm forgetting cool stuff to talk about...

9. JudgeDeliberata

JudgeDeliberata Majestrix

News Credits:
    I love that I go to bed and there's no discussion yet, I wake up and there's five pages, a mystery, and widely-agreed upon theories. Must not click spoiler boxes. Can't wait to get off work in a few hours and go pick up my copy...

10. verozilla

verozilla Custom User Title

I love it. I love it so much that I absolutely hate it because it made me sad. It would be insane if this is what it came down to.

11. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

This could end with Overlord returning. He also was on LL during the first jump.

12. Skeebo

Skeebo New Member

With all the impossible v improbable talk got a serious Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Heart of Gold vibe...

13. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

With or without the parallel eventualities theory - though the latter might make this more important - I have the urge to throw a loop around the selective qualities in time, and the area of effect in space that this incident is having.

A few people are pondering what became of First Aid and this is a great question. Following on from what I just hinted at though, I have two supplementary questions. 1. Where are characters like Mirage who joined the Lost Light for its second voyage? 2. Are Fizzle and Cosmos still on Cybertron and orbiting Earth respectively?

Without going back and scrutinizing the previous issue, is it possible that First Aid, or even the likes of Mirage are floating in space somewhere? I'm not entirely clear that everyone on board made it to shuttles, which may or may not mean certain characters may be found among what was seen on the last page.

If the parallel realities/eventualities theory is true, it could, even should, effect Fizzle and Cosmos. The former was last seen in Windblade #1 so far as I know, while Cosmos played a small yet critical part in RiD last time. Nevertheless there's nothing like the scene of Tyrest's Killswitch being activated here, so nothing to synchronize all the stories. So even after this month's other stories come out we might not know if they vanish.

If those two don't vanish though, the effect is more likely to be emanating from or targeted at the Lost Light with its contents and most of those aboard. That covers the area of effect as best as possible - which is to say, flawed - for now haha, and brings us to the time span by which the disappearances seem to be selected, if that doesn't personify things too much. The most curious, or telling character to vanish here is Cyclonus; he attached himself to the hull and hoped for the best, before the Lost Light made a hop from Cybertron. That event of course malfunctioned critically and in some cases fatally. Skids bookends the period in question because he's still around naturally.

I can't help but wonder if Rewind's reappearance has something to do with this. Crew members died right from the hull rupture/hop incident in #1, through to Deftwing at the Legislators' hands. While Pipes died not long before Rewind, Nightbeat gave some reasons as to why we saw his ghost in particular, and it's reasonable to argue that from a writing point of view, his reappearance would be the most dramatic.

Nautica started on some interesting theories about the ship and its engines, and I'm also curious about the two incidents involving them plus Shock and Ore (or Swerve pretending to be one of them). One of Duobots achieved a potentially volatile kind of symbiosis with the engines, which they were embedded into in the time window noted above. Without getting into any ideas that somehow the engines/ship gained sentience, it's at least worth noting that the Duobot effectively vanished and the day was saved. All is relative in physics, and from the unfortunate spy handler's point of view, the Lost Light vanished.

I'm touching on a lot of aspects without pretending to draw conclusions, but my final point for now rests with the Galactic Council. Perhaps they're just being mentioned to warm us up for a story arc after this one. Still, this mention reminded me of a couple of things from the IDW presence at Botcon: Emirate Xaaron would get some story time, and Fortress Maximus would return. Both of these guys have law and order experience/credentials which could be important in interactions with the Galactic Council. It will be interesting to see if this plays out, or the planet's appointed role is more immediately important.

14. adambman

Yes I got a hint of that even from the preview, so it should be one of the safe things to mention at least in passing for now. :D 

15. adambman

Ok this is going to sound like nit picking, so know that I found your post greatly inspiring and admirable in its own regard. :D  I want to look into your parallel eventualities theory and specifically the notion of witnesses. While you aren't specifying it - and the two theories aren't mutually inclusive - yours could make it possible that the Autobots (plus NAILS and Decepticons ) remaining on Cybertron did or at least could have witnessed the destruction of a Lost Light. The Autobots present, as best as I can recall include Bumblebee and Prowl prominently, plus Sky Lynxm Mirage and I think Jazz too. So my question to you is this: if - if - Mirage witnessed a destruction of a Lost Light, could this be witnessed by him now? Did the return of the lost light undo what he saw, or was the plausible explanation that Perceptor came up with pre communication restoration what was actually seen?

16. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The RodPod is a new shuttles. The others probably are not. So they'd get swept up in the same problem.

This is likely fall out from the engine mishap in Issue 1, if Nightbeat is correct.

17. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks!

I think you're looking at it more from a time-travel perspective. I personally don't think what has happened will alter past events, just that there is no place for two different outcomes of the same event - so the event of the Lost Light exploding will overwrite the event of the Lost Light surviving the initial jump. :) 

So yes, in my idea, Prowl, Bee, and if Mirage was witnessing it as well, will still see the Lost Light disappear in an explosion just like it happened in issue #1. :) 

18. Kraken

News Credits:
    Yep, definitely shades of the Infinite Improbability drive, we can add that to attention deflectors and the Meta Bomb as definite Douglas Adams inspired McGuffins.

19. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    If this were the case, though,
    wouldn't people who were on the LL's launch at the start but aren't with it anymore also have to vanish? Like Cosmos, Fizzle, and Red Alert.

20. Meister5

Meister5 Lost Light-er

News Credits:
    You just blew my mind. I love it! It's crazy but makes so much sense at the same time :eek: