MTMTE 30 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by primushatesyou, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I love the fact that they brought back the Magnificence! Hopefully it's not just a name drop and they actually end up using it in some way or explain it better or something.

2. grindcore138

grindcore138 Handsome like an F-22

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Thoughts: Gathered.

Yeah, this issue was an absolute treat. There was a lot of laughing, then a bit of worry, then a lot of "OH GOD WHAT IS HAPPENING".

Court is in session, FIGHT! There are so many fun details in the 'Con's attempt to free Megatron. I laughed out loud at the first panel on page 4. Broadside holding Bulletbike(?) up by his head in his right hand, Tentakill's arm in his left hand with Rippersnapper flailing around clinging to his arm, Tentakill himself looking incredibly distraught at having his arms and tentacles torn off, and Prowl roundhouse-kicking Snapdragon in the face.
    "There will be a brief recess..." :lol 

Bluestreak's thing with Earth culture did strike me as a little on the nose at first, especially the bit about comic books, haha, but then it occurred to me: Bluestreak is that guy who goes on holiday, comes back utterly obsessed with the culture, and can't help but bring it up at any opportunity.
    Whirl's holo-avatar making an appearance put a big smile on my face.
    LOL at Transformers watching Muppets movies.
    Rung's building a new Lost Light model, little Easter Egg or something more?

I don't think Megatron's aversion to Mnemosurgery comes from direct personal experience, because how would he know? But may have something to do with Terminus, who ever he is.

Hooray for Rodimus, but also, poor, poor Rodimus having to literally face his own mortality, then being reminded of Drift, Ratchet admitting he voted against him, and being "Co-Captain" to Megatron of all people.
    He's really been getting his ego kicked into check recently.
    Then he snaps back to himself and tries to cut his own arm off and the entire following exchange, oh how I laughed :lol 
    And then HOLY SHIT THE SHIP STARTS DISAPPEARING.

Getaway, what are you up to? Cyclonus is blatez jelly.

I'm satisfied with how Megatron got to where he is, very clever. Self-serving for the greater good, if you will.
    I never thought I'd feel sorry for him, but, somehow, after he gave the statement and he's sat there with his head in his hands, I felt a pang of sympathy for him.

I really felt the urgency in the evacuation scene.
    They've obviously got some kind of protocol in place for evacuation,which I can only assume involves regrouping on a nearby planet, but where the hell does this leave them in terms of the quest? God dammit this season is gonna be crazy.
    Hang on, if Whirl was "confined to quarters", did he make it out? Oh gawd...

So yes, brilliant issue and give me #31 right this second.

Also, because I'm not sure where else to post this, during a rare stroll around Tumblr I saw someone had pointed out something ominous on the textless cover of #32
    [​IMG]
    Uh-oh.

3. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Just finished reading it, wow. The Lost Light is gone, now what? Getaway was pretty creepy. That must have been hard for Megatron to give that speech. And now there's the coffin from the future.

Fortunatly, we seem to be getting issue 31 and issue 4 of Windblade next week!

4. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great issue, as was Windblade 3, so I'm declaring IDW back y'all.

The usual great humor and attention to detail, with an explanation for Megatron's new position that, while a stretch, is just this side of plausible. I can see the fallout from this being pretty bad as it's essentially an abuse of Optimus' recently-re-established authority. But Megatron's machinations, motivations, and trolling of Rodimus were all quite groovy.

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    ... what? I must be missing something here.

6. Stryker055

Stryker055 History Man Extraordinare

I think he's referring to the ghostly, fiery Decepticon symbol in the background. Maybe we'll get some DJD action?

7. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Oh shit I didn't even notice that. Huh.

8. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Oh god, are they here already?!

9. grindcore138

grindcore138 Handsome like an F-22

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Yep, that's the one. It's either the Lost Light vs. D.J.D. smackdown we've all been waiting for, orrr, Kremzeek got super hench :lol 

10. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Most likely. I can see the Scavengers showing up with Grimlock to Lost Light

11. Mort

Mort Apostate

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Megatron has called the war over, so if we take Tarn at his word, the DJD haven't got jobs any more.

12. gregles

gregles quintesson

Just read it and my brain is still digesting it all (that's usually a good thing) and love so much of it already

Good to see preceptor get a witty one-liner over on brainstorm

The timing of the ship disappearing, the ghost and potential time travel seem too coincidental to not all be linked in some way or another.

looks like atomizer was really up to no good at all in the last issue.

If that was a future Rodimus that means he will have to never change his design, this being IDW will be extremely hard.

13. WilyMech

News Credits:
    Is there chance Atomizer is impersonating Rodimus?

14. Faizan

Faizan 2 of 12

Really liked the art! those panels of cosmic infinite bliss! However was surprised at that move Getaway made. Was not really expecting that lol.

15. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    So some theorizing regarding the coffin and Rodimus.

So we know the head injury was caused by a heated blade.
    Someone changed Rodimus facial expression before they put him in the coffin
    The symbols are Spectralist in nature
    The coffin itself - if Spectralist - is usually made of materials found at the scene of the death
    Drift is Spectralist
    This is this a Rodimus from the future.

Drift, Star Saber and Cyclonus are the ones with swords capable of dealing out this kind of injury.

1. Could it be Drift who killed Rodimus in the future?
    Why? Drift explicitly states Roddy NEEDS to be with the Lost Light. Why would he kill him then?
    Could something have happened to Roddy in the future that warranted Drift to kill him? To save him? Sacrifice him to save everyone else?
    If it IS Drift who kills him, is Roddy's expression pain? Or shock and betrayal?

And what of the scene of the killing? The place?
    If they analyze the coffin's materials they might be able to find out where it came from. Is Drift then sending a warning back in time to current Roddy to not go to a certain place because terrible things will happen? Where have we heard that warning before? (Don't go to Delphi - there was talk what we saw in S1 was not the true Delphi the warning meant)

2. If not Drift then it could be Star Saber or Cyclonus. Either of them could have killed Roddy in this location and Drift finds the body, sending it back in time, again as a warning. Again either of these two would warrant a non-pained expression on his face.

It still doesn't explain why the MTMTE 1 warning says "don't open the coffin" but I read that James said there was more to that message than what we heard.

Oh and "for future reference, only the bad guys say 'unhand me'." - you get the feeling James is hinting at something?

16. gregles

gregles quintesson

Was thunderclash also not a spectralist and he is who they are looking for. hmmmm

17. GingerSynapse

GingerSynapse Well-Known Member

I love how they talk about
    "hey, this is your future self" as if time travel isn't even a thing.

I have to go back and read this, like, 5 more times, but this is easily in my top issues in terms of character development and character reveal. Megatron
    holding his head in his hands as Prime walks out of his cell toward the end of the book
    absolutely wrecked me. So much emotion in that one panel with the way he was drawn.
    It was all brilliant. The results at the completion of the trial felt just a liiiiittle stretched, but I'll buy it.

And Whirl's Avatar. So amaze. I love Milne's style so much.

18. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    One interesting thing is the confirmation of Rodimus' age. 4.2 million years, so in the scheme of things he is actually quite young, and if I remember rightly, the same age as Overlord. Well I found it interesting anyway.

The set up seems to be to make our characters believe that Drift is responsible for Roddy's death. I think certainly he'll jump to that conclusion. Will any of the others?

19. WilyMech

News Credits:
    Given that Drift was the scapegoat for incident with Overlord. It is not a stretch for them. Ratchet gave him benefit of the doubt.

20. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    Did Thunderclash have a sword as well? I don't recall, but if he does, then yes he gets added to the list of suspects.

Drift seems the obvious suspect though he might not be. He might have been too late to save that future Rodimus so he's trying to save the present one.
    Why was Drift trying to convert Rodimus to Spectralism?