MTMTE 25 iBooks Preview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by General Tekno, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    urgg, is it march yet?

2. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    The name change is clever in a wink/nudge to the fans kinda way.

But. You call yourself something for millions of years. Then when a person you've only known for maybe a day and a half tells you that your name offends them, someone mind, you may or may not have developed any actual affinity for -- albeit only by one letter, you spontaneously change your name so as not to offend this person.

...kay.

I know, its probably the dumbest thing in the world to get hung up on. But. I just. Yeah.

3. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The name change. I think I'm the only one who doesn't like how they did it. Maybe if they showed Arcee and Slag arguing on panel in an earlier issue I would be fine.

4. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    You are right. I was trying to exagerate in context to robots with vision on multiple wavelengths of light, and for a space shuttle designed to operate in space where seeing far away should be valuable.

5. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I wouldn't change my name. He was named before GB decided to misuse his name. We should just ignore them and use his original name in an excessive manner so that people only think of the Dinobot and not an insult.

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Swoop's design is HORRIBLE. Absolutely horrible. It looks like a guy in a rubber suit. Even Animated design was better than this garbage. I was really hoping the Dinos would get a redesign after their time with Ironhide out in the Cybertronian wasteland.

I don't care the why's and wherefores, I will always read the name as Slag.

7. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    You know, before Swoop took his Dinobot form he looked G1....

anyways i think there is a reason Slug changed his named, more than just offedning some girl...

I think they had a talk...

8. Chantinelle

Chantinelle Well-Known Member

Nope, it was an unpalatable term there prior to 1984, son. Don't get me wrong, I don't think there was any real need to change it but the fact remains.

9. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    After the absolutely god awful Heart of Darkness level art of RID #24 Rojo's kindergarten level scribbles are like a sight for soar eyes.

But man I can't WAIT for this horrible piece of shit of a series to end already.

The only half decent thing about this are the Perez's AMAZING colours and some of the Lost Light scenes. Everything else is a slow, boring, directionless, weightless, awful looking garbage.

Is it April yet?

10. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    Gill's art is eons beyond what was in HoD, and I think it's also better than Rojo's. Hell, weren't you defending it not too long ago?

11. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I was. Then I read the issue itself.

Good god my eyes still hurt.

12. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You know, Yggdrasil, I'm honestly not sure when you turned into SUCH a relentless moaning pit of white noise, but it's getting a bit tiresome in every thread.

13. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cybertron has plants? I never seen so many leaves and vines on Cybertron/

14. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Wait!

Is Arcee hopping on one foot on that first page? And this if the second time Frenzy has been made bigger than Arcee.

As some others have mentioned, Swoops design looks horrible. 5 books in and I'm not feeling the "Barber" parts at all"

Only he can make characters like Shockwave, Megatron, Nova, Galvatron and that Titain seem "Meh" as it currently stands. Even the Dinobots are boring.

15. Back Alley

Back Alley Well-Known Member

It does actually bother Arcee to have gender brought up so it doesn't seem too out there that slurs against women would get on her nerves. With this Arcee though it's equally as likely she just noted it was offensive and proceeded to make fun of him for a silly name.

16. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    If that was true, than it was really insensitive to name the Dinobot that way in first place. Are you really sure that it was an insult before 1984?

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Either explanation works.

I bet the only reason Arcee was used is because his original name, to us, is an offensive word towards woman, so her specifically is only relevant to us, but anyone could've pointed it out.

While I think he may be greatly exaggerating things, I ultimately agree with him that I, too, eagerly await this crossover's end. So far, despite it's many issues, barely a thing has happened, in stark contrast to business as usual, for both titles. Only now, quite a few parts in, has something actually happened.

For example, I have not been reading RID. I've just stuck with my MTMTE issues. Yet I know just about everything I need to because nothing has actually changed.

18. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Where's Jhiaxus, Blugeon and Monstructor in all this?

Don't they have a ship that can travel through time?

19. Chantinelle

Chantinelle Well-Known Member

Yes, it dates back at least as far as the early 70s but probably goes back even earlier. People are a just lot more bothered by/aware of offensive terms these days, though whereas back then you could call people all kinds of shit without any kind of repercussions. The number of people who would have objected or noticed in the 80s is tiny compared to today.

Changing cultural attitudes, greater awareness and sensitivity to other, and so on. See also the use of 'spaz', which is highly frowned upon now but back in the day was very much a playground favourite.

20. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Insensitive, not really.

It was used because the proper word's definition is the mineral waste you get when you smelt various metal ore. You can see how it used to be relevant.