MTMTE # 22 now on iBooks! HERE BE SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Kraken, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    So hey, turns out MTMTE 22 is already out on iBooks, and I thought it might be an idea to move discussion of the full issue to here and away from the preview thread for those who are waiting until Wednesday.

So, the issue itself, calling it now, Rung's alt mode save the universe in Dark Cybertron!

Whirl ending a 16 miilionyear long war for the wrong side was priceless! Need to see more of those guys!

Thunderclash is totally Ace Rimmer to Rodimus's Arnold.

Loved beyond measure the idea of the CoL standing in for all the critics of the series, absolutely brilliantly meta!

2. MechaV

MechaV Not as bad as you think.

News Credits:
    So, spoil it for me, what was the Thunder Clash thing all about?

3. maku098

maku098 indeed a wise choice

News Credits:
    Thunder Clash boarded the Lost Light because he needed to jumpstart his ship, the Vis Vitalis, which is also Thunder Clash's life support machine, with the Lost Light's quantum engines.

4. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Amazing issue with incredibly inappropriate (aber good in it's own way) artwork.

5. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Read it, loved it!

Art was great too. Yeah, there's a difference in tones between story and art, but whatever. Nowhere important enough to spend another 20 pages talking about just that.

So much to talk about, but I'm currently typing on my phone. It will have to wait. :) 

6. MechaV

News Credits:
    Read it. Excellent issue, but it really would have benefited from more..um..appropriate art? Something more cartoon-y like Roche or maybe Matt Frank.

Rung's alt mode...how big of a plot point is THAT gonna be later on? You know he's not just...whatever the hell that was.

7. Kraken

News Credits:
    The art's really grown on me. I can totally see what Raiz was aiming for, that sort of look you see in these sort of documentaries all the time, where the one on one introspectives are shot in a different manner to the interpersed stories, and indeed in these interspersed stories it's great. I just think he's way overdone the inks in the introspectives. I look forward to seeing his stuff in Dark Cybertron.

Rungs alt mode makes me think of a light house or beacon, brightest spark, Dark Cybertron, hmmmmmm....

8. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Someone should kitbash Rung out of Chopster. He's not an axe, but he's a melee weapon, right? :p 

That whole game of one-upsmanship between the robots had me laughing out loud and my wife thinking I was crazy, as usual. I'm hoping that Barber/Roberts do more with this idea that the TFs aren't unique, and that they can be infiltrated by other aliens.

9. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    The altmode party page had me in stitches. I just could NOT stop laughing at it like a ******ed monkey :lolol 

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    God that was hysterical. Rung's alt mode, Rodimus's outburst (give credit to the art where it's due, he looked really funny screaming like that with his arms up) Swerve's theme night, everything.

11. Kraken

News Credits:
    Interesting that Thunders was chosen to carry the Matrix during Optimus's first sabbatical. Both because that's a huge thing for a guy making his first IDW appearence, and because 'first sabbatical???' How many times has Prime just upped and buggered off exactly?

12. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, considering it was a 4 million year war, it's probably a gag on how often OP just had a big ol' mope-fest in the Marvel days.

We've already seen him toss it over to Ratchet once, and he's currently in a state of abdication. Maybe that's why Hardhead doesn't take it too seriously.

13. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Rodimus literally wearing a bucket on his head was hysterical on it's own, but the "lone Megatron in the sea of Whirls" made me stop reading the comic so I can have a good long laugh.

Mu stomach still hurts from that page :lolol 

You think Thunders was basically Roberts going "You think my characters are all Mary Sues? I'll give you a Mary Sue! I'LL GIVE YOU THE BIGGEST MARY SUE TRANSFORMERS HAS EVER SEEEEN!!!" :lol 

14. MechaV

News Credits:
    A 4 to 5 million year war is a pretty long amount of time.

15. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Possibly, but I think it's more along the lines of puncturing Rodimus' "special" balloon, just as the little combining guys did for the Transformers at large.

16. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I love how Roberts makes characters lovable, interesting, fun to watch and sympathetic, and in return they get called "Mary Sues."

It just goes to show how starved for true characterization Transformers fas have been that most of them find actual characters alien and don't know how to react. Gone are the days when most of our thoughts about most of our favourite characters could be summed up as "he looks cool" or "he did this thing once."

Absolutley.

MTMTE has been one big ego boost followed by humbling slap to the face for ol' Roddy.

He really is the perfect captain for this book. Could you imagine if we got someone like Prime or Prowl? Yeah they'd be good, but they'd never get us into situations like Rodimus has.

17. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Given IDW version of the Autobots Optimus Prime has to work with how can you blame him. Optimus is pretty optimistic that the Cybertronians can work things out eventually with out his direct input. Being a Prime right now is like babysitting a bunch glitches with psychological disorders.

18. Kraken

News Credits:
    All good points guys. Basically I think this entire issue is just James having a little fun with himself, the franchise, and fans of the book before things get serious in DC.

19. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Well this is a fandom in which funny voice = character was the default setting for years.

Besides Mary Sue as a term has lost all meaning in the last couple of years considering how abused the term is.

[​IMG]

20. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Also, Rung's ID card spelled his name RONG.

Goddammit, it's the little things.